Czech Republic Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerOlli*

Erat, Prucha, Cajanek over Dvorak???Wow.
And Hamrlik not at the team is a joke, too.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Prucha - 29GP / 15G / 4A / 19P / 12:20 Ice Time
Dvorak - 29GP/ 4G / 15A / 19P/ 16.45 Ice Time

Guess they want a sniper over Dvorak who can put some pucks in the net with limited ice time and plays with a tremendous amount of heart?

Go Team Rangers!!!!

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I'm also surprised Dvorak isn't on the team. He has always played well for the Czech Republic in the past. He was instrumental for them at the last World Championships. Perhaps his poor start to the season in Edmonton has left him off, but still, I would have kept him for his good defensive play and overall experience.

I think that not having Martin Havlat will hurt the Czechs. While he wasn't present at the World Championships during their gold medal win, in the last two best on best tournaments, Havlat was one of the better Czech players on the ice. I think he scored for the Czechs against Canada in both the Olympics and the World Cup. They could probably make up for his loss with good team play, and the fact that they already have a number of game breakers, but Havlat was one guy who has excelled in the past.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
TheChief said:
Marek Malik is the type of shutdown defensive defenseman they need. Why do you think the Rangers have one of the best team defenses this year, because of Tom Poti?
it's not because of Marek Malik

OilerOlli*

FLYLine88 said:
Prucha - 29GP / 15G / 4A / 19P / 12:20 Ice Time
Dvorak - 29GP/ 4G / 15A / 19P/ 16.45 Ice Time

Guess they want a sniper over Dvorak who can put some pucks in the net with limited ice time and plays with a tremendous amount of heart?

Go Team Rangers!!!!

Ok, perhaps Prucha deserves a place on that roster, but there should had been a place for Dvorak for sure!

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
rigger said:
Here is how I would like to see the lines:

Straka - Lang - Jagr
Prospal - Hedjuk - Hemsky
Ruccinsky - Bulis - Erat
Olesz - Cajanek - Prucha

Tomas Kaberle - Jaroslav Spacek
Pavel Kubina - Marek Zidlicky
Filip Kuba - Frantisek Kaberle
Marek Malik

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr0606.htm

They won't (probably) put Lang and Straka on the same line, they're probably going to be centering the 1st and 2nd lines... Something like...

Prospal-Straka-Jagr
Rucinsky-Lang-Hejduk
- will probably make the first two lines, with Prucha possibly in place of Prospal and Prospal on the second line to spread the scoring a bit more.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Corto said:
They won't (probably) put Lang and Straka on the same line, they're probably going to be centering the 1st and 2nd lines... Something like...

Prospal-Straka-Jagr
Rucinsky-Lang-Hejduk
- will probably make the first two lines, with Prucha possibly in place of Prospal and Prospal on the second line to spread the scoring a bit more.

I think Hemsky will make the top 6. He has been amazing this year and gets better every game. And the Edmonton Journal today said that Jagr pushed hard for Hemsky to make this team and wants to play with him on the same line.

Phanuthier*

I'm actually kind of glad Hamrlik's not there. I'd rather see him rest, he plays alot of minutes for the Flames.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
The Czechs are often a greater whole than the sum of the parts so they will be fine. No Hamrlik and Havlat will hurt. Dvorak/Elias and Sykora also were members of past teams so there is some turnover here. They will still be tough.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Its almost funny how many of the Czech players Jagrs have a history of having great chemistry with. Vyborny and Jagr is a great fit and was played constantly on the same line for a while. Straka have played allot with Jagr. Prospal and Jagr are a great combo, Lang and Jagr teared apart the NHL two seasons ago. Add Prucha and Rucinsky to thoose 4...

I think the big question is how the rest of the lines will work out together...

El Wama

Aug 7, 2004
Gatineau
Gardolo said:
Here is my vision of CZE lines:
PRUCHA-JAGR-RUCINSKY
HEMSKY-PROSPAL-STRAKA
HEJDUK-LANG-VYBORNY
OLESZ-CAJANEK-ERAT(BULIS)
I'm sure that Hejduk will play with Bulis (last year in Pardubice) in the same line. And I think Hemsky will be the key of the Czech success.

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Rucinsky - Prospal - Hemsky
Bulis - Lang - Hejduk
Erat - Cajanek - Vyborny

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
1. Canada.
2. Czech Republic.
3. Russia.

The rest is history. I really like this team (excuse the bias).

Gardolo

Dec 8, 2005
Kiev, Ukraine
SKiZO[X] said:
I'm sure that Hejduk will play with Bulis (last year in Pardubice) in the same line. And I think Hemsky will be the key of the Czech success.

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Rucinsky - Prospal - Hemsky
Bulis - Lang - Hejduk
Erat - Cajanek - Vyborny

Well, taking into consideration that Hejduk will probably play with Bulis, and that Jagr had good collaboration with Prospal recently, I can offer my new variant:
Rw – C - Lw
JAGR-PROSPAL-STRAKA
PRUCHA-LANG-RUCINSKY
HEMSKY-CAJANEK-VYBORNY
HEJDUK-BULIS-ERAT(OLESZ)
Or:
JAGR-STRAKA-RUCINSKY (Rangers variant)
HEMSKY-PROSPAL-VYBORNY
HEJDUK-LANG-BULIS
OLESZ-CAJANEK-ERAT
Prucha coming to power plays with Rangers line, and substituting weak links in other lines :)
:handclap:

RangersFan88*

thebodyczech said:
1. Canada.
2. Czech Republic.
3. Russia.

The rest is history. I really like this team (excuse the bias).

:loony:

1. czech republic
2. russia (or sweden)
3. sweden (or russia)

surprise team maybe slowakia
GO DEUTSCHLAND ^^

see ya

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I think not having Elias is going to hurt the Czechs more than not having Havlat, but if Jagr plays like he has been...they'll still have the best forward in the tournament.

Havlat and Elias actually played together and they were the Czechs best line at the world cup. Two huge blows to the czecks offense imho.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Elias just played his first NHL game since April 2004. He got an assist, played regularly on the top line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta (who scored 2 goals), got some time on the power play, generated scoring chances, and (most amazingly) threw a lot of checks on Panthers. All this in his FIRST game back after recovering from Hepatitis A.

If Elias continues to play like this, and I hope he does, I second the remark that leaving Elias off the squad hurts the Czech squad overall.

Just out of curiousity, could he still be named as an alternate?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
DevilFisch said:
Elias just played his first NHL game since April 2004. He got an assist, played regularly on the top line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta (who scored 2 goals), got some time on the power play, generated scoring chances, and (most amazingly) threw a lot of checks on Panthers. All this in his FIRST game back after recovering from Hepatitis A.

If Elias continues to play like this, and I hope he does, I second the remark that leaving Elias off the squad hurts the Czech squad overall.

Just out of curiousity, could he still be named as an alternate?

4 points against Montreal on Thursday. He'd be a big addition to the Czechs. Can rosters be changed at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad