WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Won't play vs Canada. We'll know more tomorrow, but it doesn't look good according to the coach...
It's crazy to me that we are down Dostal, Lauko and Jenik.

I'm really happy that we've had 3 one goal games in the pool of death despite those injuries.

I could see Dostal back. Just my opinion based on nothing but I think Jenik is done for awhile. I doubt Arizona or Boston are too happy with the way things have gone either as Jenik was looking like an absolute third round steal and, to me anyways, our best forward.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think he is out. Didn't look good. He might be out for the rest of the season.
Yup... we have 2 non first rounders that were trending towards NHL jobs and they both might be dealing with knee surgeries.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I just can't shake this awful image out of my head.lol

Russians up 2-1 and Germany scores with seconds left to go.
Russis scores in first minute of OT.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It's crazy to me that we are down Dostal, Lauko and Jenik.

I'm really happy that we've had 3 one goal games in the pool of death despite those injuries.

I could see Dostal back. Just my opinion based on nothing but I think Jenik is done for awhile. I doubt Arizona or Boston are too happy with the way things have gone either as Jenik was looking like an absolute third round steal and, to me anyways, our best forward.

Yeah, it sucks. But they've played well in the absence of these players, so fingers crossed they continue to do so.

Who will be called up to replace Jenik, any ideas? Would it be anyone decent?

Reactions: Czechboy

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
Yeah, it sucks. But they've played well in the absence of these players, so fingers crossed they continue to do so.

Who will be called up to replace Jenik, any ideas? Would it be anyone decent?
Strondala is the only forward left.

Reactions: Swipes

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

That was clear already when he was leaving the ice. This knee injury looked even worse than the Lauko one. Now let's hope there is no D-man injury coming since we have only 6 D-men and must finish the tournament with them. Šír was already practicing today, about to miss the Canada game but should be available for the QF if the Czechs advance. The same with Dostál. Střondala about to make his first appearance in the tournament tonight.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
That was clear already when he was leaving the ice. This knee injury looked even worse than the Lauko one. Now let's hope there is no D-man injury coming since we have only 6 D-men and must finish the tournament with them. Šír was already practicing today, about to miss the Canada game but should be available for the QF if the Czechs advance. The same with Dostál. Střondala about to make his first appearance in the tournament tonight.
How good is Strondala?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Crazy stat I didn't realize. Pitlyk almost doubled Mysak in minutes yesterday! 22 mins to 13... Give or take.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
5'7... Was almost .ppg at U18.... Good forechecker and passer. Happy for him to make team. He is 19 so this was his last chance!

Yes, his forechecking abilities are remarkable. He is a solid skater who can put the opponent's D-men under some pressure with his speed and good reading of situation. Probably his biggest weakness is his defensive zone coverage. Definitely capable of hard work and always seemed to me like quite a team player.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, his forechecking abilities are remarkable. He is a solid skater who can put the opponent's D-men under some pressure with his speed and good reading of situation. Probably his biggest weakness is his defensive zone coverage. Definitely capable of hard work and always seemed to me like quite a team player.
I'd have preferred Novak as he's eligible next year ... But no invite. In many ways, Strondola is the perfect Varada guy and fits the team identity perfect!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Mysak will likely get more time now that Jenik is out. I hope he can get at least 20 minutes. We really have nothing to lose. I just hope he can show that next level hes capable of. Pytlik too

Yeah agreed. I'm expecting more ice time for him too.

Need to see that extra gear, like you said.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
https://www.iihf.com/pdf/422/ihm422b20_74_3_0

Pitlyk with over 20 minutes... Mysak up to 16.

If I had one complaint.. I'd like to see Pekar get more minutes.

I'm generally happy with how round robin ended and glad we made quarters. Taking points of Russia and US is great.

In an irony... if we had won and finished 2nd, we'd get FInland. We lose we get Sweden. I don't see that big a difference in our chances of victory.

Hoping Dostal is okay. Hoping Sir is okay. Hoping Has is okay. Hoping Sik isn't suspended.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad