3. Tobiáš Handl (HC Olomouc), F, 2.7.2002
4. Jan Myšák (HC VERVA Litvínov), F, 24.6.2002
5. Sebastián Malát (HC Škoda Plzeň), F, 14.2.2002
6. Michal Hrádek (HC Dynamo Pardubice), D, 6.2.2002
7. Karel Klikorka (BK Mladá Boleslav), D, 30.11.2001
8. Adam Raška (HC Oceláři Třinec), F, 25.9.2001
9. David Vitouch (HC Sparta Praha), F, 18.9.2001
10. Adam Rutar (HC Olomouc), D, 6.9.2001

I think it speaks to the weakness of the Extraliga to be honest.

Raska was a 5th round pick?
Mysak was a 2nd round pick?
Klikorka (who I really like) was passed over?

I'm sure a few of these guys weren't eligible (Svozil).

I always worry when the Extraliga allows 16, 17 and 18 year olds in the league. They seem to play 10 minutes a night which is awful for development of teenagers. Eg. if they go to the CHL they'd be playing 15 to 20 minutes a night. I personally don't want them to go to the CHL either.

What I want? A stronger Junior league where these 16 and 17 year olds don't leave. We seem to do a good job till they are 15 and then it all falls apart. Options seem to be go to the CHL or sit on a bench in Extraliga and 'learn'.

Reactions: Goodman68

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I think it speaks to the weakness of the Extraliga to be honest.

Raska was a 5th round pick?
Mysak was a 2nd round pick?
Klikorka (who I really like) was passed over?

I'm sure a few of these guys weren't eligible (Svozil).

I always worry when the Extraliga allows 16, 17 and 18 year olds in the league. They seem to play 10 minutes a night which is awful for development of teenagers. Eg. if they go to the CHL they'd be playing 15 to 20 minutes a night. I personally don't want them to go to the CHL either.

What I want? A stronger Junior league where these 16 and 17 year olds don't leave. We seem to do a good job till they are 15 and then it all falls apart. Options seem to be go to the CHL or sit on a bench in Extraliga and 'learn'.
I don't understand how would you come to that conclusion.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't understand how would you come to that conclusion.
Are there a lot of 17 year olds in the KHL, NHL, AHL, Finn league, Swiss league or Swedish league?

Players coming directly from Extraliga to NHL are very small. Hertl and ... ?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Are there a lot of 17 year olds in the KHL, NHL, AHL, Finn league, Swiss league or Swedish league?

Players coming directly from Extraliga to NHL are very small. Hertl and ... ?
Plenty of young prospects playing in Sweden and Finland.

There would be more players going straight from Extraliga to the NHL if the Czech youth didn't suck balls. If we ever see a Czech prospect comparable to Dahlin or Laine, he will also be ready straight away. But that's not going to happen anytime soon and it certainly isn't Extraliga's fault, which still is a quality league despite all the negativity that somehow surrounds it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Plenty of young prospects playing in Sweden and Finland.

17 and under? How many?

There would be more players going straight from Extraliga to the NHL if the Czech youth didn't suck

So the Czech youth sucks. The same Czech youth that sucks is allowed to play in the Extraliga. How is it a good league with those shitty Czech youths?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
17 and under? How many?
You can check the numbers yourself.

So the Czech youth sucks. The same Czech youth that sucks is allowed to play in the Extraliga. How is it a good league with those shitty Czech youths?
Better than let the handful of talented players rot in the abysmal junior league. Last year there were four U20 aged players who averaged more than ten minutes a game, that has zero impact on league's quality. Majority of those young Extraliga players are stuck in being too good for juniors and not good enough for respectable ice time in Extraliga.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You can check the numbers yourself.

Better than let the handful of talented players rot in the abysmal junior league. Last year there were four U20 aged players who averaged more than ten minutes a game, that has zero impact on league's quality. Majority of those young Extraliga players are stuck in being too good for juniors and not good enough for respectable ice time in Extraliga.
So my first post in this conversation was that we need a stronger junior league so they don't leave.

Teenagers playing 10 minutes a game is an awful way to develop. You don't learn from the bench when you're 18.

They are too good for the Czech Juniors - that was my point from the start. We need a stronger Junior league so they don't leave. Having 16, 17 and 18 year old players that won't even get drafted waters down the league quality.

I won't be checking other leagues but I know Brad Lambert is in the Finnish league and he'll, most likely, be going in Top 5 in his draft year. I don't see any of our young Czechs in the extraliga going Top 5. Maybe Svozil but he'll probably switch leagues like our top prospects do because the Extraliga is not a path to the NHL. Hertl... and... ?????

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Most 2021 scouts lists ive seen so far, had him slotted mid first round. I even saw Martin Rysavy in the first round on one list.
It’s a weaker draft for sure, but 2022 and on looks great so far.
Any tips on how the players will end up in the draft in 22, 23? And then what interesting players do you see in the coming years?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Most 2021 scouts lists ive seen so far, had him slotted mid first round. I even saw Martin Rysavy in the first round on one list.
It’s a weaker draft for sure, but 2022 and on looks great so far.
Don't see 1st round upside in Rysavy at all. Could be Pytlik-level prospect if he adjusts to the WHL well, assuming he is even allowed to go there.

Agree with 2022 draft, multiple legit first round candidates and the depth is shaping up to be pretty solid as well. Not sure what makes 2023 or 2024 drafts look great though, I know some underagers are doing well in the Czech junior leagues, but those competitions are really lacking in quality. Until they hit the international ice there's no telling who is a truly legit prospect. Too bad international hockey will be so limited this year, was looking forward to this year's U16 squad (Sale, Petr,) not to mention the effect it will have on those player's development (as will the complete shut down of hockey in the Czech Republic lol.)

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Who are the 2022 prospects that are looking good? Hamara? Jiricek?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So here are the 10 that played today... I'm not sure if Jiricek or Svozil make our U20 team but it is encouraging to see some potential in our D. Has is still eligible with Klikorka so we don't have as bad a D as I thought. Of course, the competition looks to be stacked...

upload_2020-11-8_11-32-40.png

I was really happy to know that Teply was still available...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Parik looked rough today. I'm a big fan but he did not look good on the goals today.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
How serious is the talent of Jiricek?
I'd say it's quite serious. It's hard to say though because he's still very young and he's a Dman, but he could very well end up being a 1st rounder. I saw him live in a few Extraliga games, his playmaking and overall hockey sense is really good, especially his breakout pass. He's not afraid to skate with the puck and makes very few mistakes. Needs to add more strenght, speed and explosiveness but i believe that should come with age.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Who are the 2022 prospects that are looking good? Hamara? Jiricek?
Yeah just based on scouting reports I would say those two guys are at the top, and then Sapovaliv, Slavicek, Kulich, Becher, and Rymon.
To have 2 defensemen as potential first rounders and our best prospects is hard to believe but so exciting.
Czechs have the potential to have a pretty exciting team at world juniors next year

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Theodor Pistek has 30 pts in 19 games in Swedens J20 league, last season was almost ppg. Surely has to be in the conversation for the WJC team I'd imagine

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Theodor Pistek has 30 pts in 19 games in Swedens J20 league, last season was almost ppg. Surely has to be in the conversation for the WJC team I'd imagine
He's now in Hockeyttan with adults.. from what I gather it is the ECHL of Sweden (eg third league) but I could be wrong.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Hi everyone! Came to visit to ask about the 2004 Czech group.
Forwards: Šapovaliv, Rymon, Slavíček, Kulich, Hujer, Trunda
Defensemen: Hamara, Jiříček
It's too early, but these guys look better in their age compared to 03s and 02s.
What can you tell me about these players? How would you rank them? What are strengths and weaknesses? What’s their potential?

Looking forward to your responses. Sounds like there’s some serious talent coming for you folks, starting with Svozil next draft. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad