Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
For me top players in this age at this moment - 2004 - Alscher, Hamara /Tappara U16,18/, S.Nemec /Thurgau U17 - SUI/ - Formanek, Sapovaliv, Pribyl, Slavicek - we will see

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
For me top players in this age at this moment - 2004 - Alscher, Hamara /Tappara U16,18/, S.Nemec /Thurgau U17 - SUI/ - Formanek, Sapovaliv, Pribyl, Slavicek - we will see
I have seen Alscher only once few months ago and I really liked that guy.... he has potential to become our best defenseman in while... that kid definitely has some skill... can't wait how he develops.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Have you seen those players play? I am excited to watch Hamara, Formanek and Sapovaliv next year in the U16s. Purely based on numbers, the 2004 age group is looking better than the 2003s.
I am personally cautious regarding Alscher, he has body of a fully grown man playing against small kids... But this is all speculation on my part.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I wonder if CSLH will do something about that so much players will move from Czech to foreign countries. I mean that's bad sign for CSLH.

Reactions: czechcanadian

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
At this moment are:
7 Czech players in Finnish Jr A SM liiga - Jakub Kos FW 2003 /Ilves/, Tomas Zeman FW 2001 /Jukuurit/, Zdenek Sedlak FW 2000 /Karpat/, David Routa FW 2001 /Lukko/, Jiri Suhrada D 2001 /tappara/, Jan Zemba FW 2000 and Tomas Drimal D 2000 /TuTo/, Radek Haas GK 2000 /Assat
7 players in JR B SM - Jaroslav Chmelar FW 2003 /Kiekko/, Tomas Hamara D 2004 /tappara/, Marek Alscher D 2004 /Pelicans/, Erik Meluzin FW 2002 and Ondrej Cubo D 2003 /Lukko/, Ales Cech D 2004 and Matous Mensik FW 2003 /Karpat/

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if CSLH will do something about that so much players will move from Czech to foreign countries. I mean that's bad sign for CSLH.
If they had a good place for Czech's to play.. I'm positive they'd stay but almost none of our best Czechs are coming out of the Czech league anymore.. .it's awful for young kids there compared to everywhere else. Voracek came through CHL, Pastrnak/Vrana came through Sweden... Has/Dostal in Finland... Teply/Pytlik in CHL... Blumel/Mazura in US system(s).

Necas and Hertl are only 2 I can think of recently that were drafted out of Czech and then came to NHL. I'm sure I'm missing a few but it's just not a good league for young kids to develop. Been a decade and no one's fixed it. Hope Pesan has a good plan for keeping Czechs in Czech till at least 20 (unless they are elite and are in NHL)

Reactions: czechgame

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Last week I saw a friendly mateches SUI vs CZE U16 . Three wins for czech 4:2, 4:0, 6:0, obvious difference for czech in any type of game. I ´ve been watched these czech boys since their early age and they moving very fast performance.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Update from Finland - czech prospects :according to reports are good news about
T.Hamara,M.Alscher,Ales Cech, more is expected from Matous Mensik, Erik Meluzin,
Ondrzej Cubo. Jakub Kos 03 play both U18 and U20.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Extraliga will most likely have 16 teams from 2021/2022 season. No relegation.
Is this an increase or decrease?

Is this good or bad?

I kept reading one of the solutions for the Junior problem is less teams... not sure if it applies to senior teams.

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
Is this an increase or decrease?

Is this good or bad?

I kept reading one of the solutions for the Junior problem is less teams... not sure if it applies to senior teams.
Having less teams in the junior league is not a solution for the junior problem. There needs to be done more than just that. Czech hockey is now in complete mess. I think the best thing we can do that can actually help us is start over again from the beginning. Build new junior program, coach training program, senior leagues system, etc.

Pepsi91

Apr 25, 2017
Has anyone seen czech prospects from Finland and Sweden play? Or at least read some report? Statistically Hamara and Kos look decent, Mensik on the contrary not so good. Does anyone know, how good they really are?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
13 Czech players drafted in 2020 CHL Import Draft:

Jan Bednář (G, Karlovy Vary) picked #2 by Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL)
Martin Ryšavý (LW, Vítkovice) picked #6 by Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Tomáš Suchánek (G, Trinec) picked #9 by Tri-City Americans (WHL)
Stanislav Svozil (D, Brno) picked #15 by Regina Pats (WHL)
Tomáš Chlubna (RW, Jihlava) picked #18 by Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
Michael Krutil (D, Sparta Prague) picked #24 by Kelnowna Rockets (WHL)
Stanislav Vrhel (C, Peliitat/Finland) picked #25 by Barrie Colts (OHL)
Jakub Brabenec (LW, Brno) picked #35 by Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)
Jonáš Peterek (F, Kelowna Rockets) re-picked #36 by Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Pavel Čajan (G, Liberec) picked #49 by Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
David Jiříček (D, Plzeň) picked #54 by Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
Jan Hampl (D, Liberec) picked #83 by Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
Matouš Menšík (C, Kärpät/Finland) picked #95 by Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Steve Kournianos and Ross Martin (thedraftanalyst.com):

Jan Bednář:
"Bednar spends a lot of time on his pads. Still, he limits the amount of net space in either the vertical or horizontal angle, and in his butterfly crouch Bednar uses small lateral shuffles rather than an explosive push. He executes textbook glove saves regardless of whether or not shooting lanes were clogged, and Bednar’s glove is quick up or down while using a European-style upright position to lure shooters into attempts at the lower half that he gobbles up anyway. Bednar usually plays close to the crease and will challenge shooters no more than half a foot outside the blue paint. In shootouts and breakaway attempts, Bednar times his retreat speed with the quickness of the oncoming shooter and is well disciplined with his stick positioning."

Martin Ryšavý:
"A powerful winger who plays with physicality and enthusiasm (...) Rysavy is a very good skater for his size and is quick to the puck, and he also hustles all over the ice to use his upper-body strength by finishing his checks. He’s a left shot but can play on either wing and he can wire it with a quick release."

Tomáš Suchánek:
"Suchanek relies almost exclusively on his quickness and anticipation, which are both advanced for his age group. Although he isn’t an active puck handler and stays deep in his crease, Suchanek keeps his feet moving inside the blue paint and tracks puck travel accordingly while keeping squared to the puck. He doesn’t seem partial to either the RVH or the VH since he spends most of the time on his feet."

Stanislav Svozil:
"Svozil is an excellent skater and an absolute vacuum cleaner in the neutral zone. He holds his line but what makes him stand out are the timely reads he makes multiple times per period; sometimes in one shift alone. Svozil’s stats may not look gaudy (2 goals and 3 assists in 41 games) but keep in mind that he began the season as a 16-year-old defenseman in a physical and defense-centric European elite league."

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Re: Svozil; he wasn't being used "extensively" on the PK with Brno pro team (I didn't watch all their games last year but it was more like "rarely" or "not at all"). They're selling his offense short I think, he's great at carrying the puck up the ice and making a play.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Re: Svozil; he wasn't being used "extensively" on the PK with Brno pro team (I didn't watch all their games last year but it was more like rarely or not at all). They're selling his offense short I think, he's great at carrying the puck up the ice and make a play.

Thanks. I don't know how often they saw Brno play. Are there ice-time stats available for the Czech Extraliga?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->