Czech Republic: Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Here is interesting article (in czech) about 16 years old Australian kid named Walker, who´s playing his 4th season in CZE and is just owning czech junior leagues. He says he intends to get the citizenship and play for the Czech Republic internationally. Would be great for both sides IMO!

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&view=clanek&id=50440

I checked Australian U20 roster (they´re playing Div. II tournament now) and he was not there, so to me it looks like he maybe didn´t go there, because he couldn´t play for another country after that.

David Musil is injured, but he may still make the WJC. If he doesn't, that's another big loss after Jaskin.....:(
Yeah I know. There was already some talking about that in czech WJC thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=848827).

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Channel One Cup

FIN-CZE 2:3 SO
RUS-CZE 3:1
CZE-SWE 4:1

Definitely better tournament than Karjala! Solid play by the czech team, but we really need to work on that powerplay - 1 PP goal in 6 games is BAD :nod:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
FIN-CZE 2:3 SO
RUS-CZE 3:1
CZE-SWE 4:1

Definitely better tournament than Karjala! Solid play by the czech team, but we really need to work on that powerplay - 1 PP goal in 6 games is BAD :nod:

Agreed. The last game against the Swedes was the best out of all three. As for the power play, well, that's always been bad, so nothing new there ;)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20 - final roster for WJC

Goaltenders:
Marek Mazanec (HC Plzeň 1929)
Filip Novotný (HC Sparta Praha)

Defensemen:
Oldřich Horák (HC VCES Hradec Králové)
Bohumil Jank (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Jakub Jeřábek (HC Plzeň 1929)
Martin Pláněk (HC Orli Znojmo)
Dalibor Řezníček (HC PSG Zlín)
Adam Sedlák (Ottawa 67's, OHL)
Petr Šenkeřík (HC Kometa Brno)

Forwards:
Jakub Culek (Rimouski Océanic, QMJHL)
Martin Frk (Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL)
Michal Hlinka (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Petr Holík (HC PSG Zlín)
Antonín Honejsek (Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL)
Roman Horák (Chilliwack Bruins, WHL)
Andrej Nestrašil (PEI Rocket, QMJHL)
Jakub Orsava (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Ondřej Palát (Drummondville Voltigeurs, QMJHL)
Tomáš Rachůnek (HC Orli Znojmo)
Robin Soudek (Chilliwack Bruins, WHL)
Petr Straka (Rimouski Océanic, QMJHL)
David Tůma (HC Sparta Praha)

Last edited:

Siftak

May 5, 2010
Hi everybody

I know that everybody are exicting about U20, but our U18 is playing too.
Right now with the Slovakia team, it is the opening game of the tournament in Swiss.

Here is a link for some informations about this tournament for thouse who couldnt find that...

http://stats.iihf.com/SIHA/14/index.html

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hi everybody

I know that everybody are exicting about U20, but our U18 is playing too.
Right now with the Slovakia team, it is the opening game of the tournament in Swiss.

Here is a link for some informations about this tournament for thouse who couldnt find that...

http://stats.iihf.com/SIHA/14/index.html

Cool :nod: I'm following all national teams and updating results at frontpage as always of course.

yuk

Aug 16, 2010
U16 nomination for 3 games against RUS U16:

Goaltenders:
Tadeáš Dvořák (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Daniel Skřebský (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
Miroslav Svoboda (VHK Vsetín)
René Svoboda (HC Vítkovice Steel)

Defensemen:
Michal Beránek (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
David Bunda (HC Vagnerplast Kladno)
Martin Kokeš (HC BENZINA Litvínov)
Jan KoÅ¡ťÃ¡lek (HC Sparta Praha)
Alex Pisarik (HC Oceláři Třinec)
David Pop (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Alex Rašner (HC Olomouc)
Jan Å tencel (HC Slezan Opava)
Jonáš Ťoupal (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Jiří Velčovský (PSG Zlín)

Forwards:
Petr Česlík (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Sebastian Gorčík (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)
Ondřej Kopta (HC Plzeň 1929)
Ondřej Kovářů (HC Dukla Jihlava)
Dominik Kubalík (HC Plzeň 1929)
Jan Mandát (HC Dukla Jihlava)
Dominik Pokorný (VHK Vsetín)
Roman Přikryl (HC Plzeň 1929)
Mikuláš Rimmel (HC Vítkovice Steel)
LuboÅ¡ Rob (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
David Sysala (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Petr Tejral (HC Slavia Praha)
Jakub Vrána (HC Letci Letňany)
Adam Zbořil (HC Kometa Brno)
Patrik Zdráhal (HC Vítkovice Steel)

U17 nomination for World U17 Hockey Challenge:

Goaltenders:
David Gába (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Marek Langhamer (HC Eaton Pardubice)

Defensemen:
Marek Bail (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Lukáš Buchta (PSG Zlín)
Radek Havel (KLH Chomutov)
Jan Houfek (HC Plzeň 1929)
David Papežík (PSG Zlín)
Karel Plášil (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Michal Plutnar (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)

Forwards:
Adam Chlapík (Omaha Lancers, USHL)
Jan Hudeček (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Patrik Machač (HC Vagnerplast Kladno)
Ladislav Marek (BK Mladá Boleslav)
Martin Matějček (HC Sparta Praha)
Matěj Psota (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
Pavel Sedláček (PSG Zlín)
Jan Schleiss (HC Plzeň 1929)
Ondřej Slováček (VHK Vsetín)
Euvstathio Soumelidis (Lukko, Finland)
Vojtěch Tomeček (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)
Dominik Volek (HC Sparta Praha)
Matěj Zadražil (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)

Substitutes:
G Daniel DolejÅ¡ (HC Rebel Havlíčkův Brod)
G Patrik Polívka (HC Plzeň 1929)
D Michal Jonáš (HC Oceláři Třinec)
D Ronald Knot (HC Slavia Praha)
D Marek Kubis (HC Vítkovice Steel)
D Jakub Pavlas (HC Rebel Havlíčkův Brod)
F Martin Blahuta (HC Vítkovice Steel)
F Jiří Fronk (KLH Chomutov)
F Lukáš Nedvídek (HC VCES Hradec Králové)
F Richard Nejezchleb (HC Slavia Praha)
F Martin Procházka (HC Sparta Praha)

Hello everybody, i am very interested in U17 Hockey Challenge. May I ask you if you have some idea how to watch games on this tournament? I mean video, text broadcast or whatever:o). Thank You very much!!! Have a nice x-mas time.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hello everybody, i am very interested in U17 Hockey Challenge. May I ask you if you have some idea how to watch games on this tournament? I mean video, text broadcast or whatever:o). Thank You very much!!! Have a nice x-mas time.

Hi. I don't know if and who is airing and broadcasting that. But you could possibly get some info here: http://hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/74637/la_id/1.htm (but I didn't search there). Or you can try to ask in prospects section, that's probably the best way to find somebody who knows more info.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002

It looks like all the games will be available at fasthockey.com. It's a pay site ($6.99 per game) and the quality of the broadcast isn't always great but it's better than nothing and likely the only way you'll be able to see most of the games from the tournament.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
May seem stupid but do most Czech kids start off that small? When I look at the u-16, u-17 and u-18 roster I usually see plenty of small forwards. But when you look at u-20 and mens they feature a very big team and you can see the same kid has grown significantly. Jaskin is almost 6'3 and was 6'0 not long ago. I compare this to Canadian kids who are huge and alot more physically developed at the same age but do not grow much more height wise. Jared Cowen was 6'5 210 at 14-15! Perhaps it is genetics with the late growth spurts in Czech kids or Canada simply has more athletes to chose from?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
May seem stupid but do most Czech kids start off that small? When I look at the u-16, u-17 and u-18 roster I usually see plenty of small forwards. But when you look at u-20 and mens they feature a very big team and you can see the same kid has grown significantly. Jaskin is almost 6'3 and was 6'0 not long ago. I compare this to Canadian kids who are huge and alot more physically developed at the same age but do not grow much more height wise. Jared Cowen was 6'5 210 at 14-15! Perhaps it is genetics with the late growth spurts in Czech kids or Canada simply has more athletes to chose from?

First part of this is that I really think Czech kids grow a little bit slower... I always wonder how big Canadians are at such young age. The second part is that hight and weight of these young Czech players can often be old and not that accurate in various resources. It's probably both these things together.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
First part of this is that I really think Czech kids grow a little bit slower... I always wonder how big Canadians are at such young age. The second part is that hight and weight of these young Czech players can often be old and not that accurate in various resources. It's probably both these things together.

Makes sense, similar to the Finns and Germans in that sense, also quite a bit of Swedes grow after their draft years (Rodin, Karlsson, Almqvist). It seems Euros in general physically develop slower than their North American peers, there are examples all over from Russia to Slovakia as well and they tend to add mass later since they are still growing in height. As for why the Canadian kids are so big at a young age I can't tell you why. I just know that there are alot of southern Europeans in Canada (French, Italians) and numerous amounts of people are mixed with and contain Southern European blood. These people in Southern Europe typically develop earlier than other europeans from my understanding.

This analogy is not so good now that I think about it but I don't really know. :laugh:
Likely something to do with the growth patterns amongst different ethnic groups, average age of puberty and whatnot.

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U18

All results of U18 in Zuchwil:

SVK-CZE 0:6 (Faksa, Hyka 3x, Sedlák, Starý)
CZE-SUI 2:3 (Beran, Sedlák)
FIN-CZE 5:2 (Rousek 2x)
CZE-GER 3:0 (Hyka, Sedlák, Švihálek)

It's not a blowout, but I expected them to do a little bit better.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't know, just some guy playing on the Czech team. Why?

Wondering if he was worth mention as a top forward of this age group and a Czech players to look out for in the 2012 draft. Apparently he was one of the best players in their game against Ontario and was the only real offensive threat creating chances, his stickhandling was refered to as Jagr-esque. Anyways the result has to be conidered dissapointing but a much better effort against a strong Pacific team yesterday. Who are the top players on this team?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->