Czech Republic: Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Říha was a step back.
His nominations are jokes, not only he doesn't take any young players, he doesn't take any rookies at all and instead takes players who should be long gone from national team (Novotny, Nemec...)
No interest in EHT at all this year because of that and I fear what is the WHC team going to look like.
For how long is he expected to be the coach? Wish either Pesan or Varada was the head coach.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
His nominations are jokes, not only he doesn't take any young players, he doesn't take any rookies at all and instead takes players who should be long gone from national team (Novotny, Nemec...)
No interest in EHT at all this year because of that and I fear what is the WHC team going to look like.
For how long is he expected to be the coach? Wish either Pesan or Varada was the head coach.
He has contract for 2 years.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
WHC team will look like like this.
Defense will be build on guys like Nakladal, Vitasek, Němec, Kindl, Polasek, Jordan... Yeah, those players who already playes on several champions and won NOTHING, guys like Hronek, Hajek, Zboril, Galvas... pfff they are too young, they are gonna make so many mistakes, we will rather see guys who are playing in KHL for Kunlun, Slovan or Chabarovsk because those teams are TOP.
Offense - you expect Zadina, Nečas or Kaut... hahah we will rather called up Martin Erat or Tomáš Plekanec, and hey I just read that Jagr is coming back soon, we will call him and ask him...
(It's sarcasm but not so far from true)

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I was in thinking...
Our U18 team for u18WC can be really good. Look at that

Goalies:
Nick Malik
Lukáš Pařík
Jan Bednář

Defense:
Šimon Kubíček
Hugo Has
Jakub Žůrek
Jiří Suhrada
Jan Mlcak
Radek Kučeřík
Daniel Poizl
Ondřej Balaž
Jan Hampl

Offense:
Michal Teplý
Jonáš Peterek
Adam Raška
Jakub Rychlovsky
Jaromir Pytlik
Adam Najman
Marcel Barinka
Martin Lang
Erik Čermák
Ondřej Psenicka
Jan Myšák
Filip Prikryl
Radek Mužík
Tomáš Zeman
Martin Beranek
Pavel Novák
Tomáš Chlubna
Jan Cikhart
Erik Meluzin
Štěpán Macháček

Lot of really good potencial players.
What do you think?

Reactions: czechcanadian

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
WHC team will look like like this.
Defense will be build on guys like Nakladal, Vitasek, Němec, Kindl, Polasek, Jordan... Yeah, those players who already playes on several champions and won NOTHING, guys like Hronek, Hajek, Zboril, Galvas... pfff they are too young, they are gonna make so many mistakes, we will rather see guys who are playing in KHL for Kunlun, Slovan or Chabarovsk because those teams are TOP.
Offense - you expect Zadina, Nečas or Kaut... hahah we will rather called up Martin Erat or Tomáš Plekanec, and hey I just read that Jagr is coming back soon, we will call him and ask him...
(It's sarcasm but not so far from true)
Well Jagr is obviously not going to happen, but the rest very well might. It's hard to make the defense group good, because whenever someone takes the next step, they are gone to NA (Simek, Rutta, Sklenicka...) I really don't mind Nakladal or Kolar for example, but why ignore Kostalek and Kalina? When do you want to test if not at these joke tournaments? Galvas better be invited after the U20s.
It's the same with forwards. I bet the only young player on the roster, Radovan Pavlik, will be the 13th forward.

I was in thinking...
Our U18 team for u18WC can be really good. Look at that

Goalies:
Nick Malik
Lukáš Pařík
Jan Bednář

Defense:
Šimon Kubíček
Hugo Has
Jakub Žůrek
Jiří Suhrada
Jan Mlcak
Radek Kučeřík
Daniel Poizl
Ondřej Balaž
Jan Hampl

Offense:
Michal Teplý
Jonáš Peterek
Adam Raška
Jakub Rychlovsky
Jaromir Pytlik
Adam Najman
Marcel Barinka
Martin Lang
Erik Čermák
Ondřej Psenicka
Jan Myšák
Filip Prikryl
Radek Mužík
Tomáš Zeman
Martin Beranek
Pavel Novák
Tomáš Chlubna
Jan Cikhart
Erik Meluzin
Štěpán Macháček

Lot of really good potencial players.
What do you think?
To be honest, the 2001 class has been dissapointing this year. Come Spring it should still be a decent and competetive team though. Barinka is likely not there since Halifax will go deep this, other CHLers might be available though. Mysak, Bednar, Malik and Blaha are the '02s I think should on the team. Maybe Novak and/or Machacek as well, though Novak has been underwhelming this season (despite dominating the junior league) and Machacek is still an unknown for me. Looked very good at the U17 Challene but it's still just one tournament.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Who would you choose for the Channel One Cup?

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting for sure.
Can you explain more what it’s about?
Founder of the project is Bedřich Sčerban. It started in the 2015/16 season. Basically, there are several tournaments through the season, where the best players from every region are playing, one tournament has 3-4 teams and it takes usually only one or two days. Categories are: U12, U13, U14, U15

Reactions: czechcanadian

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Oh my God, Czech hockey sucks! I do not understand why we are still building our NT on players like Novotný, Němec, Kundratek, Hrubec, Vitasek, Polasek etc... They are not capable of playing on the international scene, I don't understand why we have 24 teams in our Junior league (and btw. Austrian team is dominating there), I don't understand why we have 30 teams in U16 league, I don't understand why ours extraliga teams are building they're teams on 30yrs old guys, I don't understand why we have only ONE junior player on the Extraliga roster who is playing constantly over 15 minutes, I don't understand why Lener and Král are still here, I don't understand why Říha is head coach instead of Pesan or Varada, I simply don't understand what is happening in Czech hockey.....

EDIT: My whole week sucks, so I wanted to get my felling out and that was the best way atm, so just ignore that, i didn't say nothing new...

Last edited:

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Oh my God, Czech hockey sucks! I do not understand why we are still building our NT on players like Novotný, Němec, Kundratek, Hrubec, Vitasek, Polasek etc... They are not capable of playing on the international scene, I don't understand why we have 24 teams in our Junior league (and btw. Austrian team is dominating there), I don't understand why we have 30 teams in U16 league, I don't understand why ours extraliga teams are building they're teams on 30yrs old guys, I don't understand why we have only ONE junior player on the Extraliga roster who is playing constantly over 15 minutes, I don't understand why Lener and Král are still here, I don't understand why Říha is head coach instead of Pesan or Varada, I simply don't understand what is happening in Czech hockey.....

EDIT: My whole week sucks, so I wanted to get my felling out and that was the best way atm, so just ignore that, i didn't say nothing new...
I don't understand transforming czech u20 league into u19 league, now it look like that quality of the league is much worse

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I don't understand transforming czech u20 league into u19 league, now it look like that quality of the league is much worse
It would be better if we would have only U20 league, something like CHL, just 12 or 14 teams and that's all... and we should also have some University league where the players can play after their junior age and where they can developing and possibly become proffesional player in future (just like NCAA in US) + there should be also less teams in Extraliga and Chance liga (for example 10 in Extraliga and 10 in Chance liga or something like that... 14 and 16/is too much)... that would be good start for brighter future for Czech hockey.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Rosters for upcoming tournaments:

U16:
Goalies:
  • Tomáš Suchánek (Přerov)
  • Filip Maláč (Jihlava),
  • Daniel Král (Havlíčkův Brod).

Defence:
  • David Jiříček (Plzeň)
  • Stanislav Svozil (Kometa Brno)
  • Ondřej Cubo, Tomáš Machů (both Vítkovice),
  • Jiří Ticháček (Kladno)
  • Martin Böhm, Jakub Šedivý (both Liberec).

Offense:
  • Dominik Soukup (Plzeň)
  • Lukáš Pajer (Hradec Králové),
  • Jakub Altrichter (Slavia Praha)
  • Jakub Brabenec (Kometa Brno)
  • Marek Brada (Vítkovice)
  • Martin Ryšavý (Přerov)
  • Matouš Menšík (Jihlava)
  • Michal Ramik (Třinec)
  • Jan Krupička (Sparta Praha)
  • Gabriel Szturc (Havířov)
  • Alexandr Remeš (Karlovy Vary)
  • Marek Slavík (Litvínov)
  • Šimon Frömel (Zlín).

U17:
Goalies:

• Jan Bednář (Karlovy Vary)
  • Pavel Čajan (Liberec).

Defence:
  • Marek Bláha (Sparta Praha)
  • Michal Hrádek (Pardubice)
  • Jan Hampl (Liberec)
  • Ondřej Baláž (Litvínov)
  • Jakub Naar (Hradec Králové)
  • Dominik Vacík (Havlíčkův Brod)
  • Václav Svach (České Budějovice).

Offense:
  • Erik Meluzín (Kometa Brno)
  • Jakub Konečný (Žďár nad Sázavou)
  • Štěpán Macháček, Pavel Matěj (oba Třinec)
  • Jan Cikhart (Liberec)
  • Ivan Ivan (Vítkovice)
  • Tomáš Chlubna (Jihlava)
  • Joshua James Mácha, Tobiáš Handl (oba Olomouc)
  • Michal Gut, Josef Koláček, Stanislav Vrhel (všichni Chomutov)
  • Michal Simon (Mladá Boleslav).

U18:
Goalies:

• Jan Škorpík (Sparta Praha)
  • Lukáš Pařík (Liberec).

Defence:
  • Radek Kučeřík, Jan Mlčák (oba Kometa Brno)
  • Daniel Poizl (Žďár nad Sázavou)
  • David Tureček (Karlovy Vary)
  • Jakub Žůrek (Liberec)
  • Ondřej Volráb (Kladno)
  • Jiří Suhrada (Lahti, Finsko).

Offense:
  • Ondřej Pšenička (Sparta Praha)
  • Adam Křemen (Karlovy Vary)
  • Jonáš Peterek, Adam Raška (oba Třinec)
  • Jaromír Pytlík, Jan Bernovský (oba Vítkovice)
  • Jakub Rychlovský, Adam Najman (oba Liberec)
  • Jan Myšák (Litvínov)
  • Martin Beránek, Pavel Novák (oba České Budějovice)
  • Radek Mužík (Luleå, Švédsko)
  • Theodor Pištěk (Örebro, Švédsko).

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Rosters for upcoming tournaments:

U16:
Goalies:
  • Tomáš Suchánek (Přerov)
  • Filip Maláč (Jihlava),
  • Daniel Král (Havlíčkův Brod).

Defence:
  • David Jiříček (Plzeň)
  • Stanislav Svozil (Kometa Brno)
  • Ondřej Cubo, Tomáš Machů (both Vítkovice),
  • Jiří Ticháček (Kladno)
  • Martin Böhm, Jakub Šedivý (both Liberec).

Offense:
  • Dominik Soukup (Plzeň)
  • Lukáš Pajer (Hradec Králové),
  • Jakub Altrichter (Slavia Praha)
  • Jakub Brabenec (Kometa Brno)
  • Marek Brada (Vítkovice)
  • Martin Ryšavý (Přerov)
  • Matouš Menšík (Jihlava)
  • Michal Ramik (Třinec)
  • Jan Krupička (Sparta Praha)
  • Gabriel Szturc (Havířov)
  • Alexandr Remeš (Karlovy Vary)
  • Marek Slavík (Litvínov)
  • Šimon Frömel (Zlín).

U17:
Goalies:

• Jan Bednář (Karlovy Vary)
  • Pavel Čajan (Liberec).

Defence:
  • Marek Bláha (Sparta Praha)
  • Michal Hrádek (Pardubice)
  • Jan Hampl (Liberec)
  • Ondřej Baláž (Litvínov)
  • Jakub Naar (Hradec Králové)
  • Dominik Vacík (Havlíčkův Brod)
  • Václav Svach (České Budějovice).

Offense:
  • Erik Meluzín (Kometa Brno)
  • Jakub Konečný (Žďár nad Sázavou)
  • Štěpán Macháček, Pavel Matěj (oba Třinec)
  • Jan Cikhart (Liberec)
  • Ivan Ivan (Vítkovice)
  • Tomáš Chlubna (Jihlava)
  • Joshua James Mácha, Tobiáš Handl (oba Olomouc)
  • Michal Gut, Josef Koláček, Stanislav Vrhel (všichni Chomutov)
  • Michal Simon (Mladá Boleslav).

U18:
Goalies:

• Jan Škorpík (Sparta Praha)
  • Lukáš Pařík (Liberec).

Defence:
  • Radek Kučeřík, Jan Mlčák (oba Kometa Brno)
  • Daniel Poizl (Žďár nad Sázavou)
  • David Tureček (Karlovy Vary)
  • Jakub Žůrek (Liberec)
  • Ondřej Volráb (Kladno)
  • Jiří Suhrada (Lahti, Finsko).

Offense:
  • Ondřej Pšenička (Sparta Praha)
  • Adam Křemen (Karlovy Vary)
  • Jonáš Peterek, Adam Raška (oba Třinec)
  • Jaromír Pytlík, Jan Bernovský (oba Vítkovice)
  • Jakub Rychlovský, Adam Najman (oba Liberec)
  • Jan Myšák (Litvínov)
  • Martin Beránek, Pavel Novák (oba České Budějovice)
  • Radek Mužík (Luleå, Švédsko)
  • Theodor Pištěk (Örebro, Švédsko).
Not very bold opinion, but I expect the U16 to get smoked in all 3 games, U17 to win one and keep the rest relatively close, U18 to battle in an even game with Finland for the 1st place.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
This year's U16 is looking pretty bad, but it should be mentioned Czechs outshot Russia in both games. (34 to 25 and 56 to 35)
I don't know what to make of it as I haven't seen either game, but I have expected Russia to have a huge advantage in shots.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Since the WJC starts tomorrow, I would like to start to talk about U18 WJC team. For this year I think we can say that we're medal contenders. Team looks great, almost everybody is a draft prospect and there are already 3 guys with Extraliga experience, most of the guys are already playing in a men's league, CHL or in Finland and Sweden, only few players are from Czech junior league. That's how I would see the team looks like.

Malik
Bednar
Parik

Has Kubicek
Zurek Kucerik
Suhrada Mlcak

Mysak Pytlik Teply
Raska Najman Muzik
Lang Peterek Beranek
Psenicka Barinka Cikhart

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Since the WJC starts tomorrow, I would like to start to talk about U18 WJC team. For this year I think we can say that we're medal contenders. Team looks great, almost everybody is a draft prospect and there are already 3 guys with Extraliga experience, most of the guys are already playing in a men's league, CHL or in Finland and Sweden, only few players are from Czech junior league. That's how I would see the team looks like.

Malik
Bednar
Parik

Has Kubicek
Zurek Kucerik
Suhrada Mlcak

Mysak Pytlik Teply
Raska Najman Muzik
Lang Peterek Beranek
Psenicka Barinka Cikhart
Yeah, it should be a competetive team. I think the biggest question mark is Prikryl, who was a key player for this team for years and he should be available, since his team is not going anywhere, but you can't ignore his very weak season. I very much doubt Barinka is available since Halifax is going far this year. And also I wonder if Novak gets back on track is good enough to compete for a spot as an underager. He is having a weak season.

As of today I see like this:
Raska - Pytlik - Muzik
Mysak - Najman - Teply
Lang - Prikryl - Psenicka
Beranek - Peterek - Toman
Cermak(?), Novak

Zurek - Has
Mlcak - Kubicek
Poizl - Blaha
Kucerik, Suhrada

Malik
Parik
Bednar/Skorpik

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Does anybody know what happened with Chlapik and D. Kase?Are they injured? I didn't see them on the lineups for some time .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->