Czech Extraliga 2020-2021 (Trinec wins championship)

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
1st place Liberec will return with 2 new goalkeepers which seems odd for a 1st place team.

Hrachovina to Tappara and Schwarz to Boleslav while Kvaca and Pavelka come in.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1st place Liberec will return with 2 new goalkeepers which seems odd for a 1st place team.

Hrachovina to Tappara and Schwarz to Boleslav while Kvaca and Pavelka come in.
You always hear these names of goalies that will get drafted into NHL and the Czech goalie factory but a lot of them seem to struggle cracking the NHL and even the AHL.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Extraliga has some great goaltenders, lot of good young tenders too - Frodl, Svoboda, Vejmelka, Bednář. All these guys have a very nice potential imo. It's hard for tendies to crack an NHL roster, it's just two spots and the competition is insane. AHL isn't a good league for goalies in general, the teams usually don't have a good defensive game in terms of system, it's all hustle and rush, very little team effort.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
AHL isn't a good league for goalies in general
I get your point but of the 60 plus goalies in the NHL (starter and backup).. I'm hard pressed to think of one that didn't play in the AHL first? Koskinen technically did a decade ago but he might be the only exception? Maybe a Euro goalie like Lundqvist who came to the NHL over a decade ago? I definitely can't think of one in the last 5 years. Not to say there aren't but of 60 plus NHL goalies I'll say at least 58.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Extraliga is getting some great players... Korenar, Zadina, Lauko, Reichel, Hronek. I'm positive I missed a few.. I imagine Kaut will be joining as well. Mysak is playing. Not sure where Dominik Masin is..

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Extraliga is getting some great players... Korenar, Zadina, Lauko, Reichel, Hronek. I'm positive I missed a few.. I imagine Kaut will be joining as well. Mysak is playing. Not sure where Dominik Masin is..
Dominik Masin has signed with Amur Khabarovsk in the KHL.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Loans:

Josef Korenar from San Jose to Oceláři Třinec
Krystof Hrabik from San Jose to Bílí Tygři Liberec

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Boy would it be great if Kase and Zboril could somehow land full time employment in the NHL.

Anyone know where Michal Spacek, Ostap Safin or Martin Kaut are right now?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I had to look it up. He signed a two-year contract with their AHL affiliate last October, but didn't play for them yet.
I saw that .. did the same, googled him. The numbers on him are great... big centre.. maybe a bottom 6 C one day. Long road ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad