Czech Camp Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I am surprised nobody had this up. It has been up for a day or two.

Goaltenders

CECH JAKUB
KOUTSKY VLADISLAV
SCHWARZ MAREK
STURALA TOMAS

Defensemen

HORAVA PETR
KINDL JAKUB
MACHACEK PETR
PULPAN LUKAS
SMACH ONDREJ
SULC JAKUB
GULASI MICHAL
BOLF LUKAS
HRABAL JOSEF
LOJEK MARTIN
POLAK ROMAN
SMID LADISLAV
TUMA MARTIN

Forwards

BOROVANSKY MICHAL
CERVENKA ROMAN
HLUCHY MILAN
KOHLER BEDRICH
KUBIS PAVEL
POLAK MICHAL
SOBOTKA VLADIMIR
FROLIK MICHAEL
BAHENSKY ZDENEK
HRDEL ZBYNEK
HROMAS KAREL
KASPAR LUKAS
KREJCI DAVID
OLESZ ROSTISLAV
PETRUZALEK JAKUB
POLAK VOJTECH
SINDEL JAKUB
STEBER JAN
VRANA PETR

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This looks really strong to me and if people think it will be a russia, canada and USA dominating then they have something comming.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Olesz
Vrana
Steber (new player this season)
Sindel
Polak
Krejci
Kaspar
Frolik

These players will give the czech team so much offense it isn't funny. Frolik is future NHL superstar. After that they can form a checking line with their bigger players. Plus there defefense is filled with older 85 born players. Tack that with Schwarz in nets.......Czechs are scary....again.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Does not impress me that much either. Good team no doubt, but not really close to the big 3 IMO. I recently saw this Czech team being outplayed at times by Russia and Sweden in an U20 tournament. With the exception of Schwarz, Olesz, Kaspar, Kindl.. I believe they had pretty much the strongest roster possible.

Watch out for 88-born Michael Frolik though, he could be a stand out already this winter and is my personal favourite to go No. 1 overall in 2006.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Any idea what line will Bahensky and Petruzalek play on?

Petruzalek is top 10 in the OHL in points per game and hes only a rookie.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Predatore said:
Does not impress me that much either. Good team no doubt, but not really close to the big 3 IMO. I recently saw this Czech team being outplayed at times by Russia and Sweden in an U20 tournament. With the exception of Schwarz, Olesz, Kaspar, Kindl.. I believe they had pretty much the strongest roster possible.

Watch out for 88-born Michael Frolik though, he could be a stand out already this winter and is my personal favourite to go No. 1 overall in 2006.
That team was missing the following:

Vrana
Steber
Krejci
Kaspar
Hromas
Schwarz
along with the majority of their defensmen

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
NYRangers said:

Petruzalek is a small center.....with Vrana, Olesz and and Sindel at center he may have to play wing. I wouldn't be surprised if Vrana got shifted to LW for the top line.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Pretty good team. Good offense, solid defense and Goal golatending. One of the best teams this year except for Canada and Russia.

What about this Frolik guy? Isn't he like 16.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
J17ster said:
Pretty good team. Good offense, solid defense and Goal golatending. One of the best teams this year except for Canada and Russia.

What about this Frolik guy? Isn't he like 16.
He was amazing at the under 20 4 nations tourney considering his age.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
Petruzalek is a small center.....with Vrana, Olesz and and Sindel at center he may have to play wing. I wouldn't be surprised if Vrana got shifted to LW for the top line.

I was thinking he would move tot he wing too. Is it possible hes on the top two lines? Hes really surprised me with his stats but I don't know much about him. Being on the top 2 lines would be a great experience.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
NYRangers said:

If Petruzalek makes the team, I think the Czech's will find a way to keep him and Kaspar on a line together. They're awfully familiar with one another. (instant chemistry)

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Boomhower said:
If Petruzalek makes the team, I think the Czech's will find a way to keep him and Kaspar on a line together. They're awfully familiar with one another. (instant chemistry)

True. I forgot about that.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
JasonMacIsaac said:
He was amazing at the under 20 4 nations tourney considering his age.

He is one yr older than Me meaning he is eligible in 2006. Concensus #1. I that was Brian Little. I know basically nothing about this Frolik kid. What are his strenghts?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
J17ster said:
He is one yr older than Me meaning he is eligible in 2006. Concensus #1. I thatb was Brian Little. I know basically nothing about this Frolik kid. What are his strenghts?

Are you saying Brian Little is the consensus #1 for 2006? That's not true at all.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Rabid Ranger said:
Are you saying Brian Little is the consensus #1 for 2006? That's not true at all.

No, i'm saying i heard people say Little was #1. What i want to know is how good Frolik is and what are his strengths. If he's playing at the WJC at 16 he has got to be a very good prospect.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
From what I have seen it will be a real battle between Little and Frolik. Both are very skilled and both are a little undersized. The size issue isn't to big as both will play in traffic.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
JasonMacIsaac said:
You guy aren't giving Kessel the credit he should have earned. That russian is amazing also.
You are right about Kessel.. But the thread was about Little and Frolik so that is who I commented on.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Frolik seems like an exciting player but it should be pointed out that he hasn't made the team yet.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Epsilon said:
He almost made it last year so I'd imagine he will. He's probably the most physically mature of all the top 2006 prospects.

Actually, Joensuu was never even considered back then. Several rosters were named last season to face second tier club teams over the course of the fall but he never played a single U20 game. It was just way, way too early for him.

It's looking good for him now, though. I do believe he'd help the team and he'd still break Lauri Tukonen's modern day Finnish record for the youngest skater in the tournament.

Back on topic, I've never seen Frolík play, but reports seem to indicate that he'll make the team for sure.

leafaholix*

Jan Steber, can anyone update me on his play lately with Halifax?

I know his stats... just looking to see if he's been using his size and been affective or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->