Cycling

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I am selling my road bike (All-City Mr. Pink) and a bunch of my gear (men's medium). It's all in great shape. Please PM me if interested!

intan

Jun 2, 2021
I know, not quite the right forum, but I would like to hear your opinion. I need a new bicycle helmet and the selection in various bike stores has me rather confused.
Apart from colors, shape and prices, no one could really tell me what the higher quality helmet for $200 do better or how they differ exactly.
Here are my requirements:
The helmet must be able to be worn for 6-8 hours, even in high heat (35c).
Insect protection at the openings in front.
The helmet should have a sun flap, which is suitable for the different seat situation (angle) in the up and trike or can be adjusted.
It should be a high quality helmet.

Mrgnwllm

Apr 11, 2021
Peloton Code

Hello!
Use this code to get a discount when purchasing a Peloton product. You will receive $125 off of your Peloton purchase.
338A5J

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Bought my bike today. :yo:

photo6.jpg

Man this reminds me of a different time. I’ve had 7 Cannondale bikes over the years. Everything from the Caad 8 up for to the full carbon slice. Had a F3 mountain and F7 beater bike too. Sold my last 3 two years ago when I got really sick. You still rocking this Cannondale 7 odd years later?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Man this reminds me of a different time. I’ve had 7 Cannondale bikes over the years. Everything from the Caad 8 up for to the full carbon slice. Had a F3 mountain and F7 beater bike too. Sold my last 3 two years ago when I got really sick. You still rocking this Cannondale 7 odd years later?

Nope. That frame cracked after a year or so maybe. Then the replacement frame cracked as well after just a few months. Never again.

I now have a Giant Propel for road, Obed Boundary for gravel, and a Giant Trance for MTB although looking to replace this once the bike part shortage calms down a bit.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Nope. That frame cracked after a year or so maybe. Then the replacement frame cracked as well after just a few months. Never again.

I now have a Giant Propel for road, Obed Boundary for gravel, and a Giant Trance for MTB although looking to replace this once the bike part shortage calms down a bit.

I used to be a big Cannondale fan but I had heard the quality was getting more questionable and my local independent dealer stopped carrying them about a year and a half ago. I never had any issues with mine but maybe I just got lucky. I don’t have a road bike yet but I bought a Marin mountain bike back in May.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I used to be a big Cannondale fan but I had heard the quality was getting more questionable and my local independent dealer stopped carrying them about a year and a half ago. I never had any issues with mine but maybe I just got lucky. I don’t have a road bike yet but I bought a Marin mountain bike back in May.

ohhhhh nice was considering a Marin myself because I can get a discount on their stuff through work. You like yours?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
ohhhhh nice was considering a Marin myself because I can get a discount on their stuff through work. You like yours?

Definitely like it. I’m very happy I got it. They only had them in stock for 1 week at my local shop when they became a dealer. Zero regrets grabbing it

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Nice. Forgot name of model I was looking at but looking to upgrade my FS to one of their carbon frames.

Its the 29er model. I really like it. Smoother ride than either my old F3 or F7.

I would definitely consider them when I go looking to purchase another bike

JoshQuick

Aug 25, 2021
Seattle
I used to get my cardio fix from running outside or on the treadmill but recently I've taken up cycling.

I usually leave it on the highest gear and go as hard as I can for 20-30 minutes.

Is cycling a good form of cardio/conditioning? My heart doesn't give er as hard as when I'm running but my knee joints don't kill after and It's quit enjoyable.

Also my quads burn like crazy after each ride.

Anyone else enjoy cycling? Can it be considered a cardio workout? A good form of cardio?

Definitely cycling is a great cardio exercise. In this case, I recommend that you look at your bike. According to the rules of bike use, I recommend comparing your bike with this table.

Frame size (inches)Your height (centimetres)Frame size (centimetres)Frame size (c.u.)
13"​
130 - 145​
33​
XS (XSmall)​
14"​
135 - 155​
35,6​
XS (XSmall)​
15"​
145 - 160​
38,1​
S (Small)​
16"​
150 - 165​
40,6​
S (Small)​
17"​
156 - 170​
43,2​
M (Meduim)​
18"​
167 - 178​
45,7​
M (Meduim)​
19"​
172 - 180​
48,3​
L (Large)​
20"​
178 - 185​
50,8​
L (Large)​
21"​
180 - 190​
53,3​
XL (XLarge)​
22"​
185 - 195​
55,9​
XL (XLarge)​
23"​
190 - 200​
58,4​
XXL (XLarge)​
24"​
195 - 210​
61​
XXL (XLarge)​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If your bike is not suitable for your height, then you may get joint problems later on. Also remember that cycling is no longer good for you and is more harmful to your joints if you are older than 35-40 years.

Reactions: jorbjorb

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
What's your current daily driver? Ive got a red All City Pony Express with a basket and lemme tell you shes cute

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad