Trade: [CWS/TEX] Lance Lynn for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Damn. If they can get eaters in the 4 and 5 spot, the top-3 of that rotation of Giolito, Lynn and Keuchel is very good.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Damn. If they can get eaters in the 4 and 5 spot, the top-3 of that rotation of Giolito, Lynn and Keuchel is very good.

Might be a guy like Quintana for the 4 spot
Cease will be in rotation
And Kopech is back throwing but admittedly he shouldn’t be given anything at this point

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like Lance Lynn

I am not thrilled giving up Dunning in deal though as I liked what he showed last year

I worry about Lynn's age but he seems like guy who should still be effective into his late 30's with way he pitches

Its nice to see Sox making move to break the silence

As for rotation I would bring back Quintana for #4 spot and let Cease/Kopech/etc battle it out for #5

Giolito
Kuehcel
Lynn
Quintana
Cease/Kopech/etc

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Gray would have been a great get for CWS but Lynn probably cost less and this gives them a really good 1-3. They are gonna go toe to toe with Minny for the Central title this year but after that I think Chicago is gonna be on top for a while.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Early returns on this show it to be a win-win

Lynn has been everything expected and is now 4-1 with 1.30 ERA for 1st place White Sox while Dunning is emerging as a building block component for Rangers starting rotation for years to come (2-2 with 3.78 ERA right now)

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sox turned Adam Eaton into Giolito and Lynn. And then got Adam Eaton back anyways.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sox turned Adam Eaton into Giolito and Lynn. And then got Adam Eaton back anyways.
Making up for giving up Bas....nvm not gonna rile up bwc lol

I really wanted the A’ s to get Lynn at the deadline, but the Rangers would ask for more from the A’s than Sox.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Making up for giving up Bas....nvm not gonna rile up bwc lol

I really wanted the A’ s to get Lynn at the deadline, but the Rangers would ask for more from the A’s than Sox.

The Sox more than made up for that if not with the Eaton trade then definitely by turning Sale and Quintana into Eloy, Cease, Moncada, and Kopech.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Sox more than made up for that if not with the Eaton trade then definitely by turning Sale and Quintana into Eloy, Cease, Moncada, and Kopech.
Every team makes good moves and ones that don’t work out. It’s just more fun to talk about the wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad