Cutting the Cord - Looking for Advice

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Hey Martin, thanks for your response.

Regarding the Blackhawks weekly appearance on NBCSN, so true!!

How is the quality of your signal with the HD antenna? This is something I think a lot of us overlook.
The quality is excellent with the antenna, I was actually very surprised.

Reactions: KINGS17

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I use the NHL package and DAZN through my PlayStation. Works great for NHL and NFL. Not sure what you would do for college football or local content.

One thing here in Canada you can watch the NHL package over a few different IP. So I split it with some buddies. Same with DAZN.

What content do you get from DAZN?

LosANZElesKings

Jan 8, 2007
Kings17,

I have had a Roku Player, and added playstaion vue with netflex and amazon prime (all apps added to the roku player).

Playstation vue - will get you the local, news, college, hockey and football. It also has a 30 day DVR. The down side to the DVR is I cant adjust the time of recording like I could when I had cable. I would always added 30 minutes to my hockey games in case they went long. SO sometimes If you don't catch a game live I could miss the end. During Hockey season I upgrade the package to get FSW then drop back down once the season is over. you can also add the movie channels with Playstation vue. Overall I would recommend Playstation vue.

We use Netflex and Amazon prime a lot so you can at least give those a free 30 day trial and see how you like them.

Good luck!

seamore

May 16, 2013
I've been using youtube tv on my xbox for the last couple years, but all I care about is the Kings. I think the only game that wasn't available to me was when they were on channel 13. I don't watch anything else on tv though, so it probably doesn't fit your football requirements.

I second YouTube TV. I dropped HULU live for KINGS games because they wanted me to pay and additional $15/month just to fastforward through commercials on recorded games. With YTTV, you can buzz through the commercials of recorded hockey games.
I only use YoutTube TV for hockey. I will pause my YTTV account once hockey is over and resume when the next season starts.

I also have Netflix and HULU ( HULU: not the live service but the on demand)

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
When I lived in Arizona, I used Direct TV and purchased the Fox Sports west channel so I could watch the Kings.Now that I live in Az I have standard cable and purchased Center Ice and watch the games.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Just want to throw out some kudos for NHL Center Ice. Stream it both on my Roku equipped TV and on my internet devices. It is the best thing for a hockey fan. $130 at the beginning of the year and you get every game in the country live and an archive of every game from the season.

I know you're looking for an all-encompassing option but I just want to mention how great NHL Center Ice is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad