Cutting One Piece Composite

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
I have a one piece Synergy stick, but the blade is cracked and honestly the stick is too short for me. I've heard of cutting one piece sticks at the bottom where the shaft gets narrower, and putting a new blade in the former top of the stick. Has anyone had luck with this, and is there any way I can put a new butt in that would be longer where the blade used to be, or is there any way to make the stick overall longer [I'm 6'3"]. Thanks in advance.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Go do a search at modsquadhockey and you'll pull up a buncha results.

Cutting depends on what stick...sometimes there's a fuse point and if you can find the correct spot, you can buy a tapered blade and stick it in and you will pretty much have a new Synergy. Some sticks require some...guess work to find the right spot to cut. Sticking it in the butt (yeah sounds funny :sarcasm: ) supposedly changes the kick point in the stick, but if you do that you can use standard blades-- much more variety of those and they are usually cheaper. And it would be less of a pain in finding the fuse point and less work in chipping out what's left of the blade hosel. I honestly nvr did it, but supposedly if you arn't a real hot shot you probably wouldn't notice the different kick point. And if you want tp extend your stick you can get a wooden butt end to stick in it...they got them up to 6" I believe...but that changes the flex since wood is stiffer and there's less stick to bend. But if you cut it correctly and use a tapered blade you should be ok with the length, shouldn't be much of a change if any. But again, go to the site and run a search.

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
Thanks alot for the help sc37, you've been a real help since I've come to this site. I appreciate it, good info! :clap:

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I did this to my Synergy. I have the first model, so unless you have the same model, you might not be cutting it in the same spot, the graphics have changed. If you do have the same model, though; I cut mine between the 'I' and the 'N' on the "Pat. Pending" text towards the bottom of the stick, put a Syntheis blade in there, and it works fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad