cutting down stick???

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
hello everyone,

Well i recently picked up a set of composite sticks for the first time. An RBK 6k and an easton synergy. While on my skates it comes to the bridge of my nose. I think i want it to be a lil shorter like around my chin. My question is does anyone have a how-to on cutting the new composite sticks? do you have to plug the end of the stick? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys..

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
hello everyone,

Well i recently picked up a set of composite sticks for the first time. An RBK 6k and an easton synergy. While on my skates it comes to the bridge of my nose. I think i want it to be a lil shorter like around my chin. My question is does anyone have a how-to on cutting the new composite sticks? do you have to plug the end of the stick? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys..

A hacksaw will do fine in cutting the shaft down. Most sticks should come with a plug at the top of the shaft, so take that out and plug it in.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Suggestion with the hacksaw, maybe make a line where you want to cut, and go around all sides with the saw before really getting into it...essentially make a groove around it. It'll help you cut it straighter.

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
You don't have to replug it if you plan to tape it such as adding a nob etc. Make sure you file down the edges though so it isn't sharp.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
On sticks I used to cut (I care more about flex than size now) I was always sure to sand it down even. Granted they were wood sticks but you'll still want to do this so that a plug fits even and so there is no sharp edges of course, incase you just tape it.

I agree with sc37 on marking it up and making sure you cut it even. You're going to be mad if its uneven :P. Especially if you're like me and those kinds of things bother you in just every situation haha.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
I have a chop saw with a good mitre blade that I use to cut my sticks to length. I then take a wood rasp and round the edges slightly to take off the sharp edge and eliminate the possibility of the cut splintering. Plug and tape.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I have a chop saw with a good mitre blade that I use to cut my sticks to length. I then take a wood rasp and round the edges slightly to take off the sharp edge and eliminate the possibility of the cut splintering. Plug and tape.

Exactly.

Either use a chop saw or a radial saw.

Once you cut the stick you can press it against the middle of the cutting blade as it is still spinning and it will knock off any burs.

Then hit it with a medium sized rasp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->