Cutting down Crosby and Malkin ice time?

Deczola73

Dec 23, 2017
With Brassard on board and the Pens looking very likely for a 3rd Cup in a row, Pens can do something that they haven't done ever.

Cutting Malkin and Crosby ice time.

I know I'll get slammed for this, but the way Jake - Riley - Phil have played together, there is no way I break up this line. They are on fire. That drops Brassard to 4th line center!!!

With Brassard on the 4th line, I would drop Crosby and Malkin down to 16 minutes each and give Riley and Brassard 14 minutes each a game. I don't care who we play the rest of the season, we are taking 7 or more points out if every 10 available pints and that will win us the division. On games that are close, Sid and Malkin get ice time increase, but every game my goal would be to reduced both their ice time ready for Cup #3 in row that is coming.

A well rested Sid and Malkin should be the goal.

Simon - Crosby - Reese
Hags - Malkin - Horny/Rust
Jake - Riley - Phil
Rust/Horny - Brassard - Sheary

I fully expect epic postseason beatdowns on the way to Cup #3

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I like those lines with Hornqvist on the second line. Hornqvist doesn’t play LW

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
With Brassard on board and the Pens looking very likely for a 3rd Cup in a row, Pens can do something that they haven't done ever.

Cutting Malkin and Crosby ice time.

I know I'll get slammed for this, but the way Jake - Riley - Phil have played together, there is no way I break up this line. They are on fire. That drops Brassard to 4th line center!!!

With Brassard on the 4th line, I would drop Crosby and Malkin down to 16 minutes each and give Riley and Brassard 14 minutes each a game. I don't care who we play the rest of the season, we are taking 7 or more points out if every 10 available pints and that will win us the division. On games that are close, Sid and Malkin get ice time increase, but every game my goal would be to reduced both their ice time ready for Cup #3 in row that is coming.

A well rested Sid and Malkin should be the goal.

Simon - Crosby - Reese
Hags - Malkin - Horny/Rust
Jake - Riley - Phil
Rust/Horny - Brassard - Sheary

I fully expect epic postseason beatdowns on the way to Cup #3
ZAR is nothing but LW, they shuffle all the line when they brought him up to accomodate this
Horny and Rust should never see a light on the left side,

So if they leave Guentz and Kessel, Hags and Horny

our wingers distribution for 1st and 4th line looks like:
LW: ZAR, Simon, Sheary, Kuhn
RW: Simon Sheary Rust, rowney

Rust should get off of the Sid's line, so he falls on the line with Sheahan/Brassard

They can roll Sid with either:
ZAR -Sid Sheary

or Simon -Sid Sheary

which leaves fourth line

Simon - Sheahan/Brassard - Rust

or Kuhn - S/B - Rust

or ZAR - S/B - Rust

or Rowney - S/B - Rust

However I feel Sully will go with:

Sheary - Sid - Rust
HGH
GBK
ZAR - Sheahan -Rowney (ZAR and Sheary interchangabkle)

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The minutes will not go that low but we won’t have to have games where Sid goes above 21 minutes. Malkin is around where he was last year in minutes (under 19). Sid last year was under 20 but he’s an extra minute this season so that can start coming down.

Just a note our centres minutes will be more than 60 due to the PP and situational stuff.

Sid 19 mins
Malkin 18 mins
Brassard 15 mins
Sheahan 12 mins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad