Cut resistant gear - wrist and ankle

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Obviously hot topic of the week in the hockey world. My focus is specifically kids gear, but maybe people want to talk about it in general? Is there a brand you use/like? Is it worth it?

Thoughts on socks or base layers for ankles and quads?

Same question I guess upper body. I assume these would be in the form of purpose made upper base layers? Quick google look seems to suggest that's the case.

Have never considered them until tis week, but if the price isn't silly then I'd like to explore it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wear Kevlar sleeves over my Achilles, not the socks, as I go barefoot in my skates.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
I wear pro-stock hockey socks and they are pretty much tucked inside the tendon guard down into my skate. They have kevlar on the backside of them. I have yet to procure wrist protection, feel like I should though since I've gone to 13" gloves and they seem smaller overall than my 14" gloves.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I've used T.J Oshie's brand gear before. You can check out his site at warroad.com
He's been preaching the cut-resistance stuff for a while.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
At the risk of looking like a shill, check out duzter for youth hockey cut protection

Base360, shock doctor, and bauer also make base layer clothing with cut resistant material built into the neck, sleeves, and ankles too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad