Customized Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
I am curious to know what kind of a premium some of you would pay to have either a) your name printed on your stick or b) your team's logo printed on your stick.

The sticks would have to be purchased in bulk probably in bundles of 10 sticks. How much per stick would you be willing to pay.

If it was possible would you have your team's logo printed on your helmet? Stitched on your gloves/pants? What would you pay?

RJ8812*

i buy the stick and just put my number on it, and maybe doctor the curve to my liking if its not how i like it at first

BCCHL inactive

mymkovski said:
I am curious to know what kind of a premium some of you would pay to have either a) your name printed on your stick or b) your team's logo printed on your stick.

The sticks would have to be purchased in bulk probably in bundles of 10 sticks. How much per stick would you be willing to pay.

If it was possible would you have your team's logo printed on your helmet? Stitched on your gloves/pants? What would you pay?

I wouldn't personalize any equipment unless I was at the very least a Major Junior or college player. Any player at any lesser level of hockey who has their stuff personalized is too cocky to be playing the game, whether they know it or not.

The only thing I ever did was take a sharpie and write my number on the white taped knob on my sticks.

A team logo on the helmet is ok, but the logos aren't printed on the helmets, they're simply stickers.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Alright, fair enough.

What if the entire team had it done? They had their sticks ordered in with team logos/player name and number on the stick and even other equipment.

I would think this might be of interest to any age level at the AAA level, and even at the AA level. As well any travelling summer team.

What do you think?

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm confused about team logos on sticks? I'm pretty sure no pro team even does that. Seems like overkill if you ask me.

For my d1 club hockey team we have numbers on the back of the helmets, team logo stickers on the sides of the helmet along with pant covers with our logo on that.

Besides team gloves I dont think anything else is necessary.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
SkateLikeTheWind said:
I'm confused about team logos on sticks? I'm pretty sure no pro team even does that. Seems like overkill if you ask me.

For my d1 club hockey team we have numbers on the back of the helmets, team logo stickers on the sides of the helmet along with pant covers with our logo on that.

Besides team gloves I dont think anything else is necessary.

Just curious to know what people would be interested in if anything at all. I know that team logos are not on sticks, however sticks can be colour coded to a team. I have a Bourque game used stick that is Black and gold, with his name and number with the NHL logo near the blade.

I'm also curious to know the premium that would be paid if this was available.

BCCHL inactive

mymkovski said:
Alright, fair enough.

What if the entire team had it done? They had their sticks ordered in with team logos/player name and number on the stick and even other equipment.

I would think this might be of interest to any age level at the AAA level, and even at the AA level. As well any travelling summer team.

What do you think?

I still think it's wrong below the Junior/College level.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Van said:
I still think it's wrong below the Junior/College level.

Why does it have to imply cockiness, etc?

I think it would be pretty intimidating if a team came in with all customized stuff. It'd be a unifying thing, and it would make you feel good. I could see at as a successful venture for upper end teams from as early as peewee.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I think it's stupid.

Helmets, gloves(in some cases anyways) and pants(covers for pants) fine.

sticks? no. Logo's on sticks? no. Names on sticks? why?

I don't find it intimidating in the least....that's my opinion anyways.

BCCHL inactive

mymkovski said:
Why does it have to imply cockiness, etc?

I think it would be pretty intimidating if a team came in with all customized stuff. It'd be a unifying thing, and it would make you feel good. I could see at as a successful venture for upper end teams from as early as peewee.

Intimidating? That wouldn't intimidate me, it would probably fire me up. I'd be wanting to drag that team's high heads back down to earth.

It's cocky because having your name printed on your equipment when playing for a team below junior/college takes away from the accomplishment of players at those elite levels who have it done for them.

Team logos on helmets and pant covers, and player numbers (no names) on gloves are ok. That is unifying. Having your name printed on your gloves and sticks is not unifying.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Van said:
It's cocky because having your name printed on your equipment when playing for a team below junior/college takes away from the accomplishment of players at those elite levels who have it done for them.

Good point.

Van said:
Team logos on helmets and pant covers, and player numbers (no names) on gloves are ok. That is unifying. Having your name printed on your gloves and sticks is not unifying.

Would you be willing to pay for something like this? And if so how much? What about if your entire team had it done?

(lone)Yashinfan#79

i have blades customized now through Christian (did it previously through Branches when they offered the same option).
there is an option to include name on the hosel (or shaft if you're buying a stick) but i just chose my number.

i like that i can start with, say, a Modano pattern, have the toe square instead of rounded and/or give it a toe curve instead of the 3/8" mid-heel curve, that sort of thing.
not sure what the legalities are if i was going to copy a player's pro pattern outright, just say an Easton Lidstrom, but with a different brand name [Christian], not too sure if they'd let you do that.

i don't use their shafts, but the minimum blade order was six, and that runs around $140-150 usd.
sounds like they could do what you need...

www.hockeystick.com

Last edited by a moderator:

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
We used to play a high school team from Ohio that had customized stuff. Gloves, pants, helmets. Our team didn't care in the least bit, if their stuff was like that. They would always give us a good game. I think in the two years I was there to play them we went 3-2 against them.

In all honesty I don't care about personalization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad