Customized jerseys from NHL Shop

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Before anyone espouses the benefits of actual Authentic jerseys or Exclusive Pro, has anyone ever actually bought a customized Fanatics replica from the NHL shop online? I’m curious to know what the quality of them is like since they are considerably cheaper than the Blue Line.

The BluLine is $160+$75 for customization and the NHL shop is 169 if you pick a player on the site or 200 if you do your own.

Is one more worth it than the other? The NHL shop always seems to run out of the size I want but I don’t want to pay the BlueLine prices unless it is absolutely worth it.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have one Fanatics CBJ sweater from the NHL shop and the quality (to me) is noticeably different/worse. Personally, I wouldn't ever get another. I am admittedly sensitive to that, so take it for what it is worth. Material seems lighter, less "authentic." It wears like a fashion piece if that makes sense. (Not Zoolander fashion, lol) I believe it is cut differently, too. Feels a bit more "fitted."

Disclosure, though: I have developed into a bit of a jersey snob over the years, in no small part due to the influence of one of our own CBJ HFers.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Before anyone espouses the benefits of actual Authentic jerseys or Exclusive Pro, has anyone ever actually bought a customized Fanatics replica from the NHL shop online? I’m curious to know what the quality of them is like since they are considerably cheaper than the Blue Line.

The BluLine is $160+$75 for customization and the NHL shop is 169 if you pick a player on the site or 200 if you do your own.

Is one more worth it than the other? The NHL shop always seems to run out of the size I want but I don’t want to pay the BlueLine prices unless it is absolutely worth it.
Will Blue Line customize a blank jersey bought several years ago or only for newly bought jerseys at time of purchase?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I have one Fanatics CBJ sweater from the NHL shop and the quality (to me) is noticeably different/worse. Personally, I wouldn't ever get another. I am admittedly sensitive to that, so take it for what it is worth. Material seems lighter, less "authentic." It wears like a fashion piece if that makes sense. (Not Zoolander fashion, lol) I believe it is cut differently, too. Feels a bit more "fitted."

Disclosure, though: I have developed into a bit of a jersey snob over the years, in no small part due to the influence of one of our own CBJ HFers.
I'm honestly ok with the material on the Fanatics jerseys. They are comfortable. I'm frankly more offended by what Adidas labels as an "Authentic jersey" because it is nowhere near the quality of what they wear on the ice.

I bought a customized Fanatics jersey on sale on NHL.com and my only real beef with them is the numbers they use don't look close enough to the real numbers or even the numbers used on the Adidas replicas. It looks ok from a distance but up close you can see the difference. My next customized jersey might be a Fanatics done by the Blueline because they at least use the Adidas "authentic" numbers. It will just cost 50 bucks more than what I paid from NHL.COM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->