Custom Stick Hockey Table

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Hey guys, I wanted to show you a custom hockey table I recently finished. For the Stiga table, the players, ice, and boards have all been customized. I made the foldable stand to give me a cheaper alternative to the expensive bubble hockey tables. Plus someone sells domes for the stiga tables, which might be a christmas gift to myself. I'm considering selling the foldable stands at some point, if there is enough interest.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Thanks guys. All together it probably cost me about 80 bucks. Believe it or not, just getting the ice laminated at Staples was the most costly.

And for the mixed generations, I made the mistake of painting a Kovalchuk. At the time of painting them, Parise had already left, so at least I didn't screw up twice, lol.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Wow that's awesome, came out great. Would like to hear more about how you did it

Thanks and sure.

The Players:
The Devils were the only players I painted from scratch with testors enamel paint. The Decals for both teams were first created in photoshop, and then printed on water-slide decal paper and sealed with a fixative. There are some extra steps for painting the solid/home colored teams if you're interested.

The Boards:
Other than measuring the board's height/perimeter and line locations, most of my time was spent searching for the right advertisements and sizing them in photoshop. I ended up using all the advertisements that were on the boards in the Pru Center in 2012. I then organized the boards decals in strips to be printed on clear sticker paper. Also, forgot to mention what a pain it was to get off the previous NHL logos sticker with soap and water.

The Ice:
All the lines/circles were created from scratch in Photoshop using the original ice for measurements. I then had Staples print and laminate it. Afterwards I cut the ice slots with an x-acto blade using the previous ice as a guiding edge.

The Stand:
Let's just say it involved a lot of power tools. I used pine wood for the legs and the little stabilization clamp I made at the base. Hinges are used at the base for each leg to swing. The top is made of plywood with 2 pins for holding the game in place.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This is so awesome! I'd definitely purchase one. I'd pay 200 if you made another one :)

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
I appreciate the comments. I'll keep you updated if I do start selling the stands. I was thinking that I would give those who purchased one a digital copy of the custom ice and boards decals along with a little diy tutorial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad