Speculation: Custance: DET willing to move down

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Red Wings open to moving down from No. 6 slot, plus draft...

Red Wings want to move down, but not too far according to the article. Rangers want to move up from 9 to 6 and would be happy to accommodate this.

What would the Rangers need to add to 9 to get up to 6, within reason?

The article goes to say that it would most likely be the Vegas first and the two 2nds that Detroit has after the 6th overall, not the 6th pick itself.

If ever NYR wanted to trade they 9th OA + a bluechip D prospect, that is further along than one of the D prospect available at 6, for the 6th OA, I think they would listen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The article goes to say that it would most likely be the Vegas first and the two 2nds that Detroit has after the 6th overall, not the 6th pick itself.

If ever NYR wanted to trade they 9th OA + a bluechip D prospect, that is further along than one of the D prospect available at 6, for the 6th OA, I think they would listen.
When was the last time that a "blue chip D prospect" was dealt to move up three spots? Rangers would gladly offer a pick package, and DET can use the Vegas pick and their extra ammo to move into the late teens if they want to. I have no problem giving a 1st and a 2nd to move up three spots but anything involving a prospect is unrealistic.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Red Wings open to moving down from No. 6 slot, plus draft...

Red Wings want to move down, but not too far according to the article. Rangers want to move up from 9 to 6 and would be happy to accommodate this.

What would the Rangers need to add to 9 to get up to 6, within reason?
You're wrong Holland is on record saying that he's willing to move the Vegas pick and the 2 2nds to move down, Not the #6 pick that he still plans on keeping.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Biggest thing I learned before the paywall is that Mantha's probably getting a bridge deal. Yuck.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe you Mis-Quoted Custance It goes on to say that it's probably the Vegas 1st and 2 2nds being mentioned not necessarily the 6th picks it'sself.
Headline: "Red Wings open to moving down from No. 6 slot, (plus draft combine tidbits)"

By, Craig Custance

How is that a misquote?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Thank god. I didn't get to read the whole article so the context was wrong but I though he was willing to give up the 6th in order for something later.
There's actually 2 separate parts, Yes maybe Holland would deal the #6 pick for the right deal but it would definitely need to heavily favor Detroit. And at the same time the Vegas 1st and 2 2nds could be in play as well. I think Holland is leaning more towards the latter picks though.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So basically this is click bait? If the 6OA isn't actively in play, then...I mean...who gives a shit about a team moving down from the 2nd Round?

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
There's actually 2 separate parts, Yes maybe Holland would deal the #6 pick for the right deal but it would definitely need to heavily favor Detroit. And at the same time the Vegas 1st and 2 2nds could be in play as well. I think Holland is leaning more towards the latter picks though.

Yeah dealing 6OA would have to be a game changer or Holland really is that clueless.

I wouldn't mind using our Vegas 1st depending on where it'd put us

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
He basically says they're open for anything if a team makes a good offer, but says they're also comfortable doing nothing and picking at 6. He then goes on to say they would also consider packaging a couple of their picks in the 30-36 range to move up into the late teens/early twenties if someone they liked slipped. Strange headline from Custance, dunno why he wouldn't just say something like Wings open to making draft deals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad