Confirmed with Link: Curtis Lazar to Buffalo. 1 year, $700k

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Acquire low type of move, if it happens. Likely waived then goes to Rochester and provides help there. Character player. Maybe he redefines his game as a 4th liner and makes his living forechecking, hitting, and playing defense? Sometimes a 1st rounder will see what they thought they were going to be isn't going to happen, and they adjust. Brett Connolly is an example. Dan Paille as well.

Who knows....? I think this signing is low risk but could work out decent, even if that probability is low.

Reactions: sabresEH

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
He adds nothing to the big club and just takes away development time for the Amerks. He has proven he is not an NHL player so please no nhl contract.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Lmao, no he doesn’t do any of those things actually
He had 130 hits in 65 games his last full season in the league.

And you know he’s not a character guy? Care to share how you know that?

Edit: the potential signing is what it is. Calgary fans were saying the flames were interested in bringing him back on a two way. So why not give him a one way so he signs with us. If he doesn’t stick he probably makes it through waivers and if not you’re off the hook for his salary. Win/win.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
He had 130 hits in 65 games his last full season in the league.

And you know he’s not a character guy? Care to share how you know that?

Edit: the potential signing is what it is. Calgary fans were saying the flames were interested in bringing him back on a two way. So why not give him a one way so he signs with us. If he doesn’t stick he probably makes it through waivers and if not you’re off the hook for his salary. Win/win.

Care to share how you guys know he IS in fact a character guy? Try not to mention some letter on his jersey in the WJCs years ago. K go

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Care to share how you guys know he IS in fact a character guy? Try not to mention some letter on his jersey in the WJCs years ago. K go
I’ve interacted with him since he was 15. He went to the “prep” program in the area, and I work at one of the hockey shops in the area. He’s around the area still to this day.

He’s a great guy in my interactions with him, and from what the other players in town say about him, I would guess he’s a good character and locker room guy.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Curtis Lazar puts trademark positive spin on being cut loose...
Lazar is known as a character guy. Nothing gets him down.
Known for his upbeat nature, his beaming countenance, Lazar appears to have taken this jolt in remarkably good spirits. Even if he is keenly aware of perception.
“People will say, ‘He’s a first-round pick and he goes to not being qualified,'” the 24-year-old said. “Well, it just means I have a chance to find a new home in a place that’s really going to covet me.”

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
My guess... a trade is forthcoming that involves a forward in Rochester, so this signing gives us a quality (AHL at least) forward to replace that player.

Reactions: k8prisoner

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Wow. This seems like a good move for an organization who needs to restock the AHL Amerks. It’s not like this is the marquee off season acquisition. Who the F cares what he’s paid .

Seems like a character guy who should be great for Rochester and has NHL experience should it be needed

What’s the big deal?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
My guess... a trade is forthcoming that involves a forward in Rochester, so this signing gives us a quality (AHL at least) forward to replace that player.
That's a pretty weird conclusion to draw from this. With O'Regan, Criscuolo and Cornel as UFAs, Simpson and depth guys Randell, Dalton Smith and Veilleux as AHL free agents, and some combination of C.J. Smith, Nylander, Thompson and Olofsson up with Buffalo, the Amerks need forwards. They don't need to create an opening to accommodate Lazar.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Depth add to bolster the Amerks. It’s a smart move to make. Does anyone know how much his caphit will be? (I apologize if it’s already been stated in this thread)

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Depth add to bolster the Amerks. It’s a smart move to make. Does anyone know how much his caphit will be? (I apologize if it’s already been stated in this thread)
We don't know what his contract value will be if he is signed, but it's safe to assume that it'll be low enough so that his cap hit is 0 in Rochester.

Reactions: darcyRegier

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Reactions: Zman5778

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
You can't help but root for Lazar. I would love to see things click for him and carve out a role on the big club. If not, he should do fine in the A.

Reactions: sabresEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad