Recalled/Assigned: Curtis Lazar recalled to Buffalo

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I hope he plays a game on the west coast trip. He can't be any worse than any of the other 4th liners.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Does Lazar play center or wing? Trying to figure out who's going to get the seat.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I wonder if he's up as an extra guy in case of injury, or if someone is going to sit. I lean toward he's just the extra guy, unless the Mittelstadt line still stinks and contributes to a loss or two.

Side note - I also wonder how long the confusion will last with posters referring to 3rd and 4th lines as the Mittelstadt line or Larsson line. I say until March.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Why bring up Thompson who is killing it already this year. Yeah, let's bring up worst players.

Thompson is not a good option to replace Mittelstadt, in case the coaching staff sees him as the current weak link. Also, the front office might be thinking strictly long-term, a la Olofsson, and believe Thompson and/or Asplund are best served getting as much TOI as possible in Rochester, setting them up to be the best additions possible after the TDL. I think the Vesey trade was all about getting NHL depth to allow more development time for those guys in Rochester.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Lazar was the last cut from training camp. Perhaps they want to see his speed in the lineup for a few games. Let the Giraffe keep breathing fire in the A for a few more weeks.
I think they want someone that can match the physical style they're going to see from their next 4 opponents, Stars, Ducks, Kings & Ducks. Krueger mentioned he'd call up players based on the opponent.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I imagine he is an extra body for the west coast trip since we don't have an extra forward. I'd be surprised if he gets a game.

Id rather have Tage playing important minutes than sitting in a press box.

I'd like Thompson getting minutes in Buffalo. Still need more scoring from some lines.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I wonder if he's up as an extra guy in case of injury, or if someone is going to sit. I lean toward he's just the extra guy, unless the Mittelstadt line still stinks and contributes to a loss or two.

Side note - I also wonder how long the confusion will last with posters referring to 3rd and 4th lines as the Mittelstadt line or Larsson line. I say until March.
Everybody around here knows the real 4th line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->