Curtain coming down on D'Agostino's career at Cornell

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

It wasn’t all too long ago that Cornell senior captain Nick D’Agostino was passed up in his OHL draft year, but that motivation has helped the Big Red defenseman develop into the player he is today.

“It was a little difficult to get passed over because a lot of my friends got drafted,†D’Agostino said.* “I always knew I was going to the collegiate route because of my parents’ influence, but it would have been nice to have that recognition. Either way it motivated my play, and I was drafted by Pittsburgh two years later.â€

Drafted in 2008 by the Pittsburgh Penguins, D’Agostino has been able to take his time to develop his game in the ECAC.… read more

More...

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Once the college season ends he'll probably jump on to the baby pens practice squad for playoffs depth (I'm assuming they'll make it) and pro experience, sort of like what Uher and McNiell I think did last year.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
My wife's alma mater! Would be nice to see him do well.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
But we need to sign him, dont we? i wouldnt be suprised if he wanna try to get a deal elsewhere seeing how our pipeline is crowded with defensemen.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'd imagine he'll still sign here. Usually guys are pretty loyal to the team that spent a pick on them. I also wouldn't underestimate the ego of a pro athlete. All those guys think their the ****. I'm sure he thinks he'll just beat out a lot of guys in the system. I don't think that's realistic but the competitor and ego of most players will probably convince them they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad