Current version of my Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
1/ Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin (LW)
2/ Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeny Malkin (C)
3/ Chicago Blackhawks- Cam Barker (D)
4/ Columbus Blue Jackets - Lauri Tukonen (RW)
5/ Phoenix Coyotes- Al Montoya (G)
6/ New York Rangers- Andrew Ladd (LW)
7/ Florida Panthers- Rostislav Olesz (C)
8/ Carolina Hurricanes- A.J. Thelen (D)
9/ Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Marek Schwarz (G)
10/ Atlanta Thrashers- Robbie Schremp (C)
11/ Los Angeles Kings- Alexander Radulov (LW)
12/ Minnesota Wild - Drew Stafford (C)
13/ Buffalo Sabres - Ladislav Smid (D)
14/ Edmonton Oilers- Wojtek Wolski (LW)
15/ Nashville Predators - Kyle Chipchura (LW)
16/ New York Islanders- Andrej Meszaros (D)
17/ St. Louis Blues- Lauri Korpikorski (LW)
18/ Montreal Canadians - Boris Valabik (D)
19/ Calgary Flames- Alexandre Picard (LW)
20/ Dallas Stars- Mike Green (D)
21/ Colorado Avalanche- Wes O'Neill (D)
22/ New Jersey Devils- Adam Pineault (C)
23/ Ottawa Senators- Petteri Nokelainen (C)
24/ New York Rangers - Oscar Hedman (D)
25/ Edmonton Oilers- Lukas Kaspar (RW)
26/ Vancouver Canucks- David Bolland (C)
27/ Washington Capitals - Devan Dubnyk (G)
28/ San Jose Sharks- Travis Zajac (C)
29/ Washington Capitals - Johan Fransson (D)
30/ Tampa Bay Lightning - Corey Schneider (G)

Yes, i know PHO fans don't want to draft Montoya. I did this one without trades, because no one knows who will deal (but i see montoya or schwarz going in top 5 to someone (ANH - STL?))
Anyone too high or too low??

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
I don't think the Hawks will draft Barker.
Right now it's a toss up between Olesz and Ladd.
Anaheim is stocked with goalies and LA will definately draft one.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
you're not the first person to write that on the boards, but according the anaheim page here they have 2 goalies (bryzgalov and ferhi) I wouldnt call that stacked.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
frisland said:
14/ Edmonton Oilers- Wojtek Wolski (LW)
15/ Nashville Predators - Kyle Chipchura (LW)
19/ Calgary Flames- Alexandre Picard (LW)
If Picard and Chipchura are available at #14, the Oilers will draft one of them. Picard will not fall to #19. If the Oilers don't draft Picard, the Canadiens will.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Well as I agree with the Blues picking Korpikoski (as you can see in my mock) I don't think it would be over Picard.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
frisland said:
22/ New Jersey Devils- Adam Pineault (C)

I REALLY like what I hear about Pineault, however I don't think he'll be taken until the 27-33 range. Although I wouldn't be too suprised to see him go as early as 20.

Also I'm pretty sure he's a RW

penkil2

Dec 5, 2003
MI
Visit site
CuSa_1 said:
I REALLY like what I hear about Pineault, however I don't think he'll be taken until the 27-33 range. Although I wouldn't be too suprised to see him go as early as 20.

Also I'm pretty sure he's a RW

Pineault will be the sleeper of the 1st round and will be a great pick for any team.
He play's RC/RW. He excels as Center, but I also hear he can score unbelievable goals as RW. He is a Power Forward who has alot of upside. Would have been top 10, had he gone major jr. Boston College was the wrong place for this top prospect.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
The Ducks don't need a franchise goalie....they already have 2. They need depth in goal, that's why there are multiple rounds in an NHL draft. They probably take Stafford in this scenario.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Two "Franchise Goalies"?

10.16.1974 said:
The Ducks don't need a franchise goalie....they already have 2. They need depth in goal, that's why there are multiple rounds in an NHL draft. They probably take Stafford in this scenario.

How do you figure the Ducks have two "franchise goalies"? You can't be speaking of Gerber, can you? First, while he's solid, he's hardly worthy of the label
"franchise goalie". Second, he's as good as gone. He doesn't want to be a career backup and the Ducks will honor his wishes.

Since Bryzgalov has only played parts of two games (or so) in the NHL, you can't be talking of him, either. The guy has had a couple of "meltdowns". I don't think he's progressed a lot over the past two years. At any rate, until he puts together four or five excellent seasons, you can't even consider uttering the term "franchise goalie" and "Bryzgalov" in the same breath.

By a process of elimination then, it turns out that the Ducks' second "franchise goalie" is none other than the renowned Eddie Ferhi.

I would have absolutely no problem if the Ducks took Marek Schwarz with the 9th pick. Many consider him to be "top five" talent. Don't forget, he has been compared to Hasek. While every guy who is drafted will have to prove his worth in the NHL before any of the comparisons are truly meaningful, the Ducks could do a lot worse than drafting Marek Schwarz.

For the record, I'd be happy with Drew Stafford, Alexandre Picard or Schwarz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->