Current Russian Dream Team (New Elections)

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
sure, here they are...
sochi-team-2014t8uaq.png

sochi-team-2014-2pkugh.png

once again: thanks to all (76) participants :handclap:

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
Interesting. Going by this voting, there is a well-acknowledged elite that are pretty much locks (top-6 forwards, a couple of d-men, and top-2 goalies), with large uncertainty over the rest. I hope the likes of Mozyakin, Perezhogin, Popov won't fill the bottom-6 forwards. This is not the WC where you have 7 group games to test out various players. As shown by the last few Olympic champions, unless you have Hasek single-handedly carrying you to gold, you need game-breaking talent on all units. I think young, rising players like Voynov, Yakupov, Tarasenko, Tikhonov, Bobrovsky, etc. will be the key to success.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
IMO, success or failure at Sochi will have nothing to do with guys like Tarasenko, Yakupov, Kuznetsov and Kulikov. These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.

How come that "proven at the senior level of hockey players" like Morozov, Zinoviev and Zaripov did childish errors in red and own blue line which caused 3 goals ?

Your proven old school players can not compete with speed to younger players.

For addition how worthy were Radulov the psychopath, Fedorov, Kozlov ?

Again

Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk and Ovechkin were eliminated by 2 sometimes 3 players and they can not even breathe there nor play.

And at all scoring only 3 goals with team like that is very miserable.

And one more thing about that "proven at the senior level of hockey" thing watch 0:53:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE
Semin-Ovechkin-Malkin= 6:1 Fail...

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
How come that "proven at the senior level of hockey players" like Morozov, Zinoviev and Zaripov did childish errors in red and own blue line which caused 3 goals ?

Your proven old school players can not compete with speed to younger players.

For addition how worthy were Radulov the psychopath, Fedorov, Kozlov ?

Again

Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Datsyuk and Ovechkin were eliminated by 2 sometimes 3 players and they can not even breathe there nor play.

And at all scoring only 3 goals with team like that is very miserable.

And one more thing about that "proven at the senior level of hockey" thing watch 0:53:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE
Semin-Ovechkin-Malkin= 6:1 Fail...

Radulov the psychopath? Really? No one is talking about bringing Fedorov, Kozlov or Morozov back. My point was that defense should be the first priority, to prevent some of the bad goals you made reference to. I don't want to be insulting, so I'll leave it at that.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
I like this, but I'd put Mozyakin in there ahead of Yakupov. Although, I admit, I am not a fan of Yakupov at all.

Sure he will be even more time on ice like IIHF 2013...
About Varlamov and his 3 goals...

The most fail players ever in Russian NT are Tyutin, Varlamov, Zinoviev especially on Olympics, sometimes Semin, Radulov ( useless on Olympic level )...

The only players who play good on NT as in their clubs are Malkin, Datsuyk, Bryzgalov, Kovalchuk, Kuznetsov, Soin, Perezhogin, Popov and Medvedev...

Others are below average.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
IMO, success or failure at Sochi will have nothing to do with guys like Tarasenko, Yakupov, Kuznetsov and Kulikov. These are all talented guys who are unproven at the senior level of hockey. What is critical is high level performance in goal and on the defensive side of the defense corps. In the debacle against Canada in 2010, it was the meltdown by Nabokov that resulted in 6 pucks in the net by early in the second period, just as in the QF of the WC this year, it was 5 pucks in the net early in the second period that caused Russian spirits to fizzle out and an embarrassing 8-3 loss to result. Defense and goaltending are critical for Sochi, and at this point, it doesn't look all that promising.

After what I saw at the WC, I would say that you shouldn't write off Kulikov that early, as I believe not much of our defenders are better than him.

And about 2010, Nabokov was pretty good before the 4-th goal actually, but after it Bykov should've changed him for Bryz. I believe that this was the second most important mistake by Bykov after not breaking 'Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin VS Nash-Toews-Richards' matchup.

For the Sochi, I have faith for Varlamov in goal with Bobrovsky as his backup. Actually, I don't quite understand why Varly has been so heavily criticized after USA game, because if we look at the 4 goals he let in, I can blame him only for the last one (and even in this case we should remember that at this moment the defence completely stopped), but he was able to 'compensate' it by making the save when USA should've scored the 9-th.

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
After what I saw at the WC, I would say that you shouldn't write off Kulikov that early, as I believe not much of our defenders are better than him.

And about 2010, Nabokov was pretty good before the 4-th goal actually, but after it Bykov should've changed him for Bryz. I believe that this was the second most important mistake by Bykov after not breaking 'Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin VS Nash-Toews-Richards' matchup.

For the Sochi, I have faith for Varlamov in goal with Bobrovsky as his backup. Actually, I don't quite understand why Varly has been so heavily criticized after USA game, because if we look at the 4 goals he let in, I can blame him only for the last one (and even in this case we should remember that at this moment the defence completely stopped), but he was able to 'compensate' it by making the save when USA should've scored the 9-th.

I would reconsider my comment about Kulikov. He has played 3 or 4 years as a regular defenseman in the NHL, and has played well. I expect that he will be on the Sochi team, because there aren't a lot of other options.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
thanks for the improvement proposals, i now added nabokov & Kulyomin.

when the election is done, i will transfer kuznetsov to RW (i promise)

BTW: at the moment we have 14 participants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->