Current Roster with 2013 4th Line & Goat

Current Roster With 2013 4th Line or Current?

• Total voters

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hypothetically, How would the Leafs do with the Current Roster + Orr and McLaren? I think they would make the team a heck of a lot more entertaining, and competitive. With the amount of skill we have int he top nine i don't see the need for a skilled 4th line.

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Micheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
McLaren - Gauthier - Orr​

Would you rather this or the current lineup?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
No. If we’re going to pluck anyone from that era I’d choose (prime) MacArthur and Lupul. Also since we’re playing pretend I’d like Kadri as well even though we traded him for Barrie. They’d be a third line with skill, grit, and peskiness. Those guys aren’t heavyweights but they did drop the gloves when needed.

Reactions: Its not your fault

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The slowest 4th line in the league by a mile.
NHL is all about speed these days, they would have to take a penalty a shift just to avoid getting scored on.
Now if you instead choose a Mike Brown - Tie Domi combo I would say sure

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I want toughness in the worst way but no to goons.

Need players who can play. Think guys like Marcus Foligno, Reaves, etc...

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I want toughness in the worst way but no to goons.

Need players who can play. Think guys like Marcus Foligno, Reaves, etc...
No. If we’re going to pluck anyone from that era I’d choose (prime) MacArthur and Lupul. Also since we’re playing pretend I’d like Kadri as well even though we traded him for Barrie. They’d be a third line with skill, grit, and peskiness. Those guys aren’t heavyweights but they did drop the gloves when needed.
Kulimen and prime Komarov would be good too.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'd put McLaren with Matthews and give Orr occasional shifts on JT-Marner line in case JT-Marner were getting harassed by the opposition and refs ain't doing their jobs

that said, I'd rather have sand paper that can skate and play not just face punchers

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It would be separating the skill from the sandpaper, so I don't know how useful the adds would end up being. A more ideal situation would have some players that combine the elements of skill and sandpaper, or at least being able to play the differing types on a line together.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This team needs some grit and hustle Big Time but neither of those two could skate to the level required in the 2019 NHL. I remember watching both unable to take a simple breakout pass at any high pace. They required serious sheltering.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
This team needs some grit and hustle Big Time but neither of those two could skate to the level required in the 2019 NHL. I remember watching both unable to take a simple breakout pass at any high pace. They required serious sheltering.
Hard to find a a flaw in this one

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Peskiness and irritable player’s are great but nothing is a deterrent like a full fledged heavyweight scary player like Reeves
Nothing at all is like that
All our players would play with a different kind of confidence that would translate into individual stat success and team success
Believe me when I say this
If you were to ask any of our players if they would like a player like Reeves
It would be 100% hell yes

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hypothetically, How would the Leafs do with the Current Roster + Orr and McLaren? I think they would make the team a heck of a lot more entertaining, and competitive. With the amount of skill we have int he top nine i don't see the need for a skilled 4th line.

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Micheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
McLaren - Gauthier - Orr​

Would you rather this or the current lineup?
Are the guys at the top still only playing 1 way with limited forecheck/defense/2nd effort/aggressive?
Cause it won’t matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad