Value of: Curious what offers are for Cogliano on the Ducks

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Not really wishing to trade. Just curious what the offers would be for em. Guy has been lights out amazing for Anaheim, the seasons he’s been with the ducks have been fantastic.

But with the youth coming up, and have been being amazing so far. He may be expendable regarding price.

Curious what would be offered on the trade block. Nothing forced of course. Just solid value from the league perspective. And thanks for the evaluation.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’d be ok with trading him once healthy and the kids find their permanent homes

Agree Merlin. Willing to listen to offers. He’s my favorite duck. But the kids are showing they can play in this league. And I would like an evaluation of em from the market on HF boards.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
He's the kind of guy that posesses little to no trade value, but is important to your team once you have him. It's really difficult to project his value in a trade. He's more like a chip in a bigger trade, that can make the difference between a good and a great deal. But I'd give a mid-second round pick for him. I think it's pretty fair. #45OA for Gogliano, how does that sound?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk offensively not very good, but solid defensively, great on pk and i think he is a good locker room guy.

Maybe at deadline hed be more appealing to a contender trying to sure up their pk

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Agree Merlin. Willing to listen to offers. He’s my favorite duck. But the kids are showing they can play in this league. And I would like an evaluation of em from the market on HF boards.

Are they though? We've gotten dominated in three of four games so far.

Reactions: Dmang714

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah, I didn't get that enthusiasm either. We might be the worst 3-0-1 team in history.

I wouldn’t go that far. Comtois has 3 pts in 4 games. And steel has been looking good also. These kids can play in this league. I’ve also been impressed with sherwood as well.

Not sure what hockey team you been watching but wins are wins however you get em.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Anaheim have been living on borrowed time since the 2016 collapse.
If I were them, I'd have rather blown it up 1-year too early than 1-year too late.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Anaheim have been living on borrowed time since the 2016 collapse.
If I were them, I'd have rather blown it up 1-year too early than 1-year too late.

You don’t have to put it like that. This team is blossoming with youth that can hang in this league. Most of the ducks fans are hating on Steel and others. But wait till they get in the groove, wait till we fight against San Jose for the pacific crown. This team is doing well for my liking under Carlyle as HC.

We winning games while our captain is out. That means a lot about the connectivity our team has gone through during the summer.

Wait till Getzlaf is back. This team may contend with Nashville for western conference champions.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He's the kind of guy that posesses little to no trade value, but is important to your team once you have him. It's really difficult to project his value in a trade. He's more like a chip in a bigger trade, that can make the difference between a good and a great deal. But I'd give a mid-second round pick for him. I think it's pretty fair. #45OA for Gogliano, how does that sound?

Think I would do that trade. No adds or retention or any of that crap? Just straight up? Also is this a deadline deal?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Meanwhile they have 1 of best goalies, and top 4 d units... with a lot of solid young assets. Ducks are fine going forward
Yeah, even with all of our injuries at forward this year, what we're all fretting about on our board is what to do with Steel, Lundestrom, Terry, and Comtois.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I wouldn’t go that far. Comtois has 3 pts in 4 games. And steel has been looking good also. These kids can play in this league. I’ve also been impressed with sherwood as well.

Not sure what hockey team you been watching but wins are wins however you get em.

I've been watching the Anaheim Ducks of the NHL. I've seen individuals like Comtois and Steel Lundestrom get their share of nice plays, sure. I've also seen a team getting consistently out possessed and outshot through four games. Wins are wins, great. I never argued that. Losses are also losses and if this team doesn't improve their play, you are in for a rude awakening.

P.S. Feel free to pick an embarrassing avatar for me if Comtois is a 60 pt player this year.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
You don’t have to put it like that. This team is blossoming with youth that can hang in this league. Most of the ducks fans are hating on Steel and others. But wait till they get in the groove, wait till we fight against San Jose for the pacific crown. This team is doing well for my liking under Carlyle as HC.

We winning games while our captain is out. That means a lot about the connectivity our team has gone through during the summer.

Wait till Getzlaf is back. This team may contend with Nashville for western conference champions.

No one is hating on them... Someone says some of the kids are better off in the AHL right now and that somehow translates to "people hating"? Is this what political correctness is doing now? **** my life. Most Ducks fans (or more like all of them, on HFboards at least) seem positive about the future for these kids.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Comtois looks good in a complementary role, and Sherwood is a 23 year old energy winger with likely limited upside, and so his development isn't hurt if he sticks around on the 4th line where his game works well. I'm all for those two particular guys staying. But I think we have a different defenition of what "these kids can play in this league" means. Can they play a regular shift in the NHL without embarrasing themselves? They sure can. But the same could be said for the Arizona Coyotes a season ago. I'd like to think we are aiming higher than that. If we were in full rebuild mode it would be different.

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
No one is hating on them... Someone says some of the kids are better off in the AHL right now and that somehow translates to "people hating"? Is this what political correctness is doing now? **** my life.

No, it's people exaggerating like they literally always have, it has nothing to do with "political correctness". Jesus, Elvs.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Think I would do that trade. No adds or retention or any of that crap? Just straight up? Also is this a deadline deal?

Yeah, deadline deal to a contender. Let's say Killorn gets injured or something, I could see this trade happening. Gogliano for TBL 2019 2nd.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I've been watching the Anaheim Ducks of the NHL. I've seen individuals like Comtois and Steel Lundestrom get their share of nice plays, sure. I've also seen a team getting consistently out possessed and outshot through four games. Wins are wins, great. I never argued that. Losses are also losses and if this team doesn't improve their play, you are in for a rude awakening.

P.S. Feel free to pick an embarrassing avatar for me if Comtois is a 60 pt player this year.

What’s going to be funny is if this kid does post 60. Comtois can play man. Kid is pretty damn good. And we got a scorer besides Rakell now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad