Cups Annual Draft Guide...Released May 22nd.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
No offense, but a future suggestion might be to qualify the players descriptions by providing where you saw them in games. For instance I highly doubt you've seen Lars Eller play very much, but yet you rate him very highly. The same can be said for many other prospects.

I guess it's hard for me to read amateur scouting reports without knowing how much salt I should be taking along with them.

Eller is rated high at #26??? From what I've read (but not seen) that may be a bit low, if anything.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
No offense, but a future suggestion might be to qualify the players descriptions by providing where you saw them in games. For instance I highly doubt you've seen Lars Eller play very much, but yet you rate him very highly. The same can be said for many other prospects.

I guess it's hard for me to read amateur scouting reports without knowing how much salt I should be taking along with them.

edit: I mean none of them are egregiously wrong as far as I've read, but it helps to know which game you scouted/observed when reading descriptions for some of the more obscure players. To show I'm a nice guy I'm in the process of adding links to your PDF so it's easier to browse.

No problem Thomas, I will take that into consideration for next years guide.

One more note that I wanted to make is that I do not create my ranking based on where others think a prospect should be ranked, they are my opinions only and I do this for my own benefit as a draft/hockey fanatic more so than for the majority who will read it. There is no better way to get the info you want on a draft's prospect than to watch the prospect yourself.

Bryzga lol*

I'm just half way through...it's great Cup!

One simple suggestion for next year... would it be possible to add where they're from? It's no big deal, but sometimes I wonder what country, province or state they're from.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Very good job Cup, much appreciated, must have taken some time.

And one of your pics of Esposito was of him fighting?!? When did this happen and how good of a fight did he put up?

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Very good job Cup, much appreciated, must have taken some time.

And one of your pics of Esposito was of him fighting?!? When did this happen and how good of a fight did he put up?

Espo has had a few physical encounters, mostly after a whistle around the net, and has faired well in the facewashing and wrestling matches. I have not seen a game where he has dropped the gloves and exchanges blows one on one. I do remember he and Akim were after each other alot in the TPG.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Just wanted to say again how much I like this draft guide. Great job Cup.

Whynks

Dec 8, 2005
Do you still have the files of your guides from years past? They would be interesting to read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->