East
QuaterFinal
Yugra (9) - Avtomobilist (12)
Metallurg Nk (10) - Amur (11)

Last edited:

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Cup of Hope 2013 (parallel to the Gagarin Cup)
Failure to qualify for the Gagarin Cup play-offs will no longer mean the end of the season for teams in the KHL. For the 2012/2013 campaign the League is introducing a new tournament, the Cup of Hope (Nadezhda Cup), which will run to the end of March, keeping interest alive for the supporters and ensuring the players, many of whom will be fighting for places in their national teams, in peak physical condition. Six teams from the Western Conference and four from the Eastern Conference will take part.

khl_kubok_nadezhdy_20j3ur7.png

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1329911

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
russianhockeyDOTde

btw, your table is not correct. In West no.11 meest with no.14 not no.12. As you wrote in post 1. Not a big deal btw :)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
The first round is two games. There could be a draws, but in case of 1-1 the winner is decided by overtime/so. The next round is bo4, with a max of 4 games. The first 3 games could go into unlimited overtimes, but again, in case of 2-2 the winner is decided in overtime/so. So all in all that's some pretty complicated stuff. The finals will be around March 7/8.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Main intrigue - will the winning team have the balls to celebrate this success? :laugh:
Why not, everything you've given your best effort, work and sweat to win can and should be celebrated. It's easy to call it the ''loser's cup'', most important thing is whether players and coaches think it is so. If they do then of course it's a loser's cup, if they fight for it like in real play-offs and fans can see it on the ice then nobody will call it a loser's cup (including you) :laugh:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Why not, everything you've given your best effort, work and sweat to win can and should be celebrated. It's easy to call it the ''loser's cup'', most important thing is whether players and coaches think it is so. If they do then of course it's a loser's cup, if they fight for it like in real play-offs and fans can see it on the ice then nobody will call it a loser's cup (including you) :laugh:

Organizations already showed what they think of this cup when they traded away Giroux's, Varnakov's, Zherdev's and many, many others on the trade deadline.

It's impossible to take this make-shift competition seriously. I'm all for giving a couple of games to HK Riga kids.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
So this is like European Trophy style? You give kids a chance to show themselves in pro hockey without being able to harm anyone? :help:

I think it's not that bad idea actually. Sure there is a lack of motivation but still better than doing nothing before the WC.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Organizations already showed what they think of this cup when they traded away Giroux's, Varnakov's, Zherdev's and many, many others on the trade deadline.

But teams like Donbass got Robitaille and Kagarlitsky and Holt to win this prestigious tournament :sarcasm:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

It's impossible to take this make-shift competition seriously. I'm all for giving a couple of games to HK Riga kids.

What's wrong with a make-shift competition? It gives teams whose season would otherwise be ended early a chance to keep on playing and keep on competing. And afterall, these are the teams that need the extra work the most. If you just look at it from a standpoint of ice time, I think its benefits are obvious. I like the idea.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Dinamo Rīga will fight for it seriously, today at home 4-1 vs Torpedo... good basis to hope for positive outcome in Nizhny Saturday and then we might meet pan Supler again. But Riga, at the end of the season, seems to have regained some shape. At least we are active and Tellquist was solid today too. General feeling towards this cup in our country is ''meh'' but it will surely all change if we start winning...

2380 people in Arena though say something about this cup's ''prestige'' in Latvia at the moment, but come victories I believe it will all change. Still the people who were there managed to make a lot of noise.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
2380 people in Arena though say something about this cup's ''prestige'' in Latvia at the moment, but come victories I believe it will all change. Still the people who were there managed to make a lot of noise.

Already more people than you see in most of the European Trophy games despite the competition trying to be a real eurocup. :nod:

You have to see it like a placement round for the 17th spot, not like a losers cup.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Well, Dinamo Rīga advances futher, beating Torpedo 3:4 in the overtime :laugh: Well the system is a bit complicated at this point (and will become even more so in the next stage). Basically Dinamo won at home 4:1 and lost to Torpedo 2:4 in the away game today, so series 1-1, overtime was played, Dinamo scored and now pan Supler is going back to Riga with the fine Donbass organization :):)

In the other qulification pair, the first game was tied, Spartak won Vityaz in away game today 1:0 and they are moving on to face Minsk.

In the next round it's fight till 3 victories but it's not ''best of 5''. Only 4 games will be played in the series. That means if some team after game 3 is up 2-1 in the series and in the fourth game the series are tied 2-2, there's also OT and shootout (I believe :laugh:) We will see how it goes...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well, Dinamo Rīga advances futher, beating Torpedo 3:4 in the overtime :laugh: Well the system is a bit complicated at this point (and will become even more so in the next stage). Basically Dinamo won at home 4:1 and lost to Torpedo 2:4 in the away game today, so series 1-1, overtime was played, Dinamo scored and now pan Supler is going back to Riga with the fine Donbass organization :):)

In the other qulification pair, the first game was tied, Spartak won Vityaz in away game today 1:0 and they are moving on to face Minsk.

In the next round it's fight till 3 victories but it's not ''best of 5''. Only 4 games will be played in the series. That means if some team after game 3 is up 2-1 in the series and in the fourth game the series are tied 2-2, there's also OT and shootout (I believe :laugh:) We will see how it goes...

Well atleast we got our revenge against Torpedo about last years PO :laugh:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne

Is it also with draws? I guess not?

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Is it also with draws? I guess not?

No, without draws... The only ''draw'' is if after game 4 iif the winning team ties the series 2-2 and like yesterday teams have to continue game to OT and the SO, if needed. But there should be no draws, in the first three games of the series there should be the same rules as per regular KHL play-off game I believe... if there's a tie, then only overtime can decide winner.

Then again what happens if say Dinamo Riga is losing 1-2 in the series and in the 4th game there is 3-3 game result at the end? Do they play overtime until some one or the other team scores, to see if Donbass wins series 3-1 or they are tied 2-2? And if Riga scores in overtime then overtime and shoot out again?? :D:D

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
No, without draws... The only ''draw'' is if after game 4 iif the winning team ties the series 2-2 and like yesterday teams have to continue game to OT and the SO, if needed. But there should be no draws, in the first three games of the series there should be the same rules as per regular KHL play-off game I believe... if there's a tie, then only overtime can decide winner.

Then again what happens if say Dinamo Riga is losing 1-2 in the series and in the 4th game there is 3-3 game result at the end? Do they play overtime until some one or the other team scores, to see if Donbass wins series 3-1 or they are tied 2-2? And if Riga scores in overtime then overtime and shoot out again?? :D:D

Interesting question! :handclap:

Why didn't they have normal best of three, best of five series? Would have had the same number of games and lot less trouble to understand this. This way they dont make this tourney popular lol.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'd say today is the day when it's official - this tournament failed. Even in hockey mad Khabarovsk it generated almost no interest with 2720 people in attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad