GDT: Cup Champs vs. Canes 7:30 ET: 'Another Enigmatic Russian' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Whelp, right now I don't have a young D I would like to see jump up, and I sure don't see anyone making a statement for the bottom 6. Matter of fact, right now I'd rather see Copley start over Holtby.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
tumblr_muk93dHzTZ1qacuhyo4_250.gif

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Or, you know, it’s preseason so they don’t give a ****. :dunno:

Your right, no effort or care needed, we can just flip the switch. All these other are wasting their time.

I don't care about the score, but I want starters to look like starters. If your just going to mess around, do warmups and let all the bears play

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Jon Cooper said the other day that training for the vets is about playing against other players (boredom) and getting hit a few times. That is all.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Your right, no effort or care needed, we can just flip the switch. All these other are wasting their time.

I don't care about the score, but I want starters to look like starters. If your just going to mess around, do warmups and let all the bears play
I just mean, they have 82+ games that matter ahead. No real reason to expend a lot of energy now.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I mean seriously.

Avalanche, those are not fun.
Predators, really?!!?
Lightning, I don't want any of that action.
Alot team names obviously have something to do with the city they play in. Some don't have any meaning though. Those 3 that you mentioned all have meaning. I especially like the meaning for the Predators. The Avalanche and Lightning names are very obvious.
I like the story behind the name of the New Jersey Devils.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Alot team names obviously have something to do with the city they play in. Some don't have any meaning though. Those 3 that you mentioned all have meaning. I especially like the meaning for the Predators. The Avalanche and Lightning names are very obvious.

maaco are you an older gentlemen because I feel like you take things to the literal extreme. Of course I know there are stories, both regional, and ownership driven, behind the team names.

That being said, out of respect for people who have been either struck by lightning, killed in an avalanche, or been the victim of a predator, I think all those names should be changed. ;)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

The Devil is a good name story

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
maaco are you an older gentlemen because I feel like you take things to the literal extreme. Of course I know there are stories, both regional, and ownership driven, behind the team names.

That being said, out of respect for people who have been either struck by lightning, killed in an avalanche, or been the victim of a predator, I think all those names should be changed. ;)
I knew where you were going with it.
I was just pointing out that I like the history of some of the team names. I dont like that teams are being pushed to change their team names. My old highschool had to change their team name.

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad