News Article: 'Culture change' necessary in Senators dressing room

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lol how pathetic is that Boro has become the "veteran" of this team.

We've come a long way from the Alfredssons, Charas, Phillips, Hossas, Fishers, Gonchars...

I notice you omitted the closest glory days vet comparable in Neil. Pretty similar in that they were both big work ethic guys lacking in skill but willing to lay it all out.

Neil was better (relative to their positions) than Boro was, but that's the guy you should be comparing him to, not Hossa Chara or Alfredsson, come on...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I notice you omitted the closest glory days vet comparable in Neil. Pretty similar in that they were both big work ethic guys lacking in skill but willing to lay it all out.

Neil was better (relative to their positions) than Boro was, but that's the guy you should be comparing him to, not Hossa Chara or Alfredsson, come on...

Fair enough. But as you stated Neil was way better in his role and could actually play hockey at the nhl level.

The only reason Boro is on the roster is because he's a mouth piece for the coaches and management.

Prime Neil would have earned a spot on any NHL team. Can you say the same for Boro? And yea I realize Boro had a good year for his standards.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Just maybe that Karlsson is not the "perfect "guy in the dressing room. Maybe he is a great player that's a bit of a di*k. Wouldn't be the first guy like that.
Funny, it was never an issue when he was playing on an amazing value contract, winning Norris trophies and putting on one of the most epic playoff performances in history.

Timing is everything.

Is he a cocky dick?

How could he not be?

Never seemed to matter until it is time to pay him what he is worth...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Fair enough. But as you stated Neil was way better in his role and could actually play hockey at the nhl level.

The only reason Boro is on the roster is because he's a mouth piece for the coaches and management.

Prime Neil would have earned a spot on any NHL team.

Boro was actually pretty effective last year, one of the few bright spots. He keeps playing like that, I'm fine with him as our #6 D, as would be many teams imo.

Aside from that, Neil was one of the teams "vets" well past his prime. Boro currently being a locker room leader is no different than that,

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

You diminish your own arguments with this type of post. While Boro isn’t great, he’s still a 6-7 D on a lot of teams. He was tied for 10th in hits and opposition players have to keep their head up when he’s out there. He is an NHL defenceman and just because you hate him that doesn’t bend reality. Lots of other teams would take him. He is cheap and plays a simple hard game and gives everything.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
"On the 8th Day God created Erik Karlsson" Pierre Dorion

Doesnt sound like something a General Manager would say about his star player who is a huge d*ck.
Uh, ever watch the NFL? Or the NBA? Or the MLB? Well, you get the point...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You diminish your own arguments with this type of post. While Boro isn’t great, he’s still a 6-7 D on a lot of teams. He was tied for 10th in hits and opposition players have to keep their head up when he’s out there. He is an NHL defenceman and just because you hate him that doesn’t bend reality. Lots of other teams would take him. He is cheap and plays a simple hard game and gives everything.

Going for hits every chance you can isn't a good defensive play.

I'm sure that opposition players keep their heads up when Boro is on the ice. The easier to dodge his completely predictable play style and go in on an odd man break.

Listen I f***ing loved Volchenkov.

Boro isn't a 1/5th as good of a player as the A-Train.

Boro brings negative value with his zeal of being the NHL hits leader. (Looks good during contract negotiations though).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Going for hits every chance you can isn't a good defensive play.

I'm sure that opposition players keep their heads up when Boro is on the ice. The easier to dodge his completely predictable play style and go in on an odd man break.

Listen I ****ing loved Volchenkov.

Boro isn't a 1/5th as good of a player as the A-Train.

Boro brings negative value with his zeal of being the NHL hits leader. (Looks good during contract negotiations though).

If we were talking about Boro in 2015, I'd be with you. I thought h really improved his game last year. Picked his spots more, make smart pinches in the OZ, and rushed the puck a bit too. He was a pleasant surprise imo.

Sure, he wasn't as good as Vochenkov, who was part of one of the best shutdown tandems in the league in his prime, but he absolutely was a 6/7 dman on many teams.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If we were talking about Boro in 2015, I'd be with you. I thought h really improved his game last year. Picked his spots more, make smart pinches in the OZ, and rushed the puck a bit too. He was a pleasant surprise imo.

Sure, he wasn't as good as Vochenkov, who was part of one of the best shutdown tandems in the league in his prime, but he absolutely was a 6/7 dman on many teams.

True, but it was only half a season of this new Boro vs the last 3-4 seasons of being a liabilty on the ice.

If he keeps it up this season I'll gladly change my tune.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Let them take him. Tired of seeing him run out of position to make a dumb hit. Not to mention the penalties he takes and his piss poor defense.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Changes are needed no doubt. Team is a tire fire right now, time to get new ownership and some new players in to right the ship.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Boro was better last season but that isn't saying much.

His play in previous seasons should have prevented him from the opportunity to finally play like a 6/7 last year.

As the most replaceable type of player in the NHL, he should never be a team spokesman.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah....Boro is not the guy I want talking for the team.

Yes, he played better last season. But he was still a 6/7 borderline NHLer at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad