Red Sox/MLB Cubs’ Theo Epstein stepping down as president of baseball operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So Brasier is filthy again. I think he can give up a HR here to Giancarlo. I want him back next year if he’s going to throw high gas.

Who here has seen Moneyball? If you haven’t. Watch. Excellent. For those who have. Is it just me or does Chavis look like Jeremy Giambi from the movie?

Reactions: sarge88

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Now that Martinez is hitting under .200, think we could get him out of the cleanup spot?

Sox are now 5th in the major in batting average, 14th in runs scored.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
This f***er did it again. Kick him off the tour, Doug!
In all seriousness, Arroyo is playing really well down the stretch. He should be in the mix for the 2B job to start next season.

And he's also a perfect example of what Chaim Bloom should be doing with this team - throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if something sticks. It's been an awful year, but there are bright spots and guys he's picked up that I want back for 2021... Arroyo, Plawecki, Perez, Valdez, etc.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Eight saves, four blown saves.
Barnes is not our answer for a closer, needs to be traded.
We need to take a hard look at the pitching and re tool next year.
I think we have some light at the end of the tunnel with Houck, Darwinzon, ERod ( assuming he comes back) and Mata should be ready at some point next year. Groome is probably another year away as is Seabold, who I am hearing has been pitching lights out at the minor league camp.
The only other pitchers I would keep going into 2021 are:
Brasier
Sale
Perez
Taylor
Eovaldi
Valdez

I think Pivetta is the wildcard here, if we can change his mechanics, he could be a nice 5th guy in the rotation.
I also think Eovaldi would make an awesome closer.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
In all seriousness, Arroyo is playing really well down the stretch. He should be in the mix for the 2B job to start next season.

And he's also a perfect example of what Chaim Bloom should be doing with this team - throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if something sticks. It's been an awful year, but there are bright spots and guys he's picked up that I want back for 2021... Arroyo, Plawecki, Perez, Valdez, etc.
I like what I see with Arroyo, he should get the 2B job next year. Chavis has been a major disaapointment this year, not sure he fits in with the long term now that Dalbec is up with the team. Plawecki /Perez and Valdez are all keepers, great pickups by Chaim.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cesar Puello had 2 assists in his Sox debut. I was checking his minor league numbers and he gets hit by a hilarious amount of pitches

Dalbec going through one of his streaks where he makes as little contact as possible. He’s one of the more hot and cold guys you’ll ever come across

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I love baseball - my user name should be an indicator of that

Red Sox ownership decided to :surrenderthis season and MAYBE that was the right call.

BUT the interest in the Olde Towne Team is the lowest since 1966 which is staggering after having the best team in franchise history only 2 years ago.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Now that Martinez is hitting under .200, think we could get him out of the cleanup spot?

Sox are now 5th in the major in batting average, 14th in runs scored.
If he was at a 1000 OPS we would be closer to middle of the pack

he’s doing what we need as well as getting humbled

JD will not opt out and have to figure it out

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love baseball - my user name should be an indicator of that

Red Sox ownership decided to :surrenderthis season and MAYBE that was the right call.

BUT the interest in the Olde Towne Team is the lowest since 1966 which is staggering after having the best team in franchise history only 2 years ago.

They will rebound the game will rebound

we live in a crazy time - never seen anything close to it

the world is literally on fire

Nothing feels right and sports is right there

This is the biggest Sox reset I’ve seen since 1967 and I think that actually got the right guy fixing this

if I was writing the script it’s going very well from the lack of tarnish to the 2018 WS over sign stealing to a likely top 5 pick

I’d drop good money in Vegas the Sox are a 90+ win team before a thousand days pass

If the pandemic ended today i would be at Fenway this week just to sit outside on a Fall day sitting with friends watching players that interest me

Kevin you 100% know what this is. It’s the Trent McCleary, Jeff Odgers, Troy Mallette, Jean Yves Roy, Bruins WITHOUT the direction, payroll, FA option, and good prospects in place

these Red Sox on so many levels are ahead of that 1996-97 dumpster fire that was the Boston Bruins

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They will rebound the game will rebound

we live in a crazy time - never seen anything close to it

the world is literally on fire

Nothing feels right and sports is right there

This is the biggest Sox reset I’ve seen since 1967 and I think that actually got the right guy fixing this

if I was writing the script it’s going very well from the lack of tarnish to the 2018 WS over sign stealing to a likely top 5 pick

I’d drop good money in Vegas the Sox are a 90+ win team before a thousand days pass

If the pandemic ended today i would be at Fenway this week just to sit outside on a Fall day sitting with friends watching players that interest me

Kevin you 100% know what this is. It’s the Trent McCleary, Jeff Odgers, Troy Mallette, Jean Yves Roy, Bruins WITHOUT the direction, payroll, FA option, and good prospects in place

these Red Sox on so many levels are ahead of that 1996-97 dumpster fire that was the Boston Bruins

Though that Bruins squad was wonderfully handled in order to draft Joe Thornton.

A last place 61 point season between two 91 point playoff seasons.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently JD has been one of the more unlucky hitters in the league. His expected homers to actual homers gap is quite large. Doesnt help that he looks a little lost without being able to evaluate his swing on video

I feel like he will be fine next year. I’m basically giving ppl who struggle this year a mulligan, weird f***ing season. He could just be getting old though

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Though that Bruins squad was wonderfully handled in order to draft Joe Thornton.

A last place 61 point season between two 91 point playoff seasons.
Actually true - I was so disgusted I forgot

My friend’s company had front row on the aisle to left of home plate where you come out of tunnel ~ not lower seats but next level section 88. Phenomenal seats. He’d take 15 and i would go with him to a dozen.

Peter Gammons has season tickets down in lower section behind home plate about 15 rows up and the wives had seats in Last couple of rows.

Gammons would often get to his seat early after BP and I would go visit. Not being shy and blessed with plus charisma and knowledge we would have some great conversations.

One time we were having a very long and animated conversation. A few people had come down to talk to him and I was aware time to leave but Peter was finishing his point.

When I went back to my seat my buddy asked me ‘what the hell were you guys talking about?’

A. The Bruins. How they have run a once iconic franchise into a Trent McCleary, Sheldon Kennedy, Troy Mallete, Jeff Odgers train wreck. Some good Jacobs talk. Gammons was more disgusted than me

Last edited:
Reactions: GabeTravels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->