Red Sox/MLB Cubs’ Theo Epstein stepping down as president of baseball operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I’ll take .220 with pop and great defense in CF

that’s an interesting kid to bring into the fold. He was always pretty age advanced for his level and he was part of the deepest system in the game so he kind of gets lost in the 40 man shuffle. Tons of K’s tho
Joey Gallo v 2.0......as a ceiling.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Joey Gallo v 2.0......as a ceiling.

I will even settle for a little less at the plate with plus defense at a premium position. Gimme 20-25 pops at .220 with a good glove out there. A Mike Cameron ceiling

I doubt he gets that good but he’s certainly an interesting piece to throw at the wall. You don’t find a lot of minor league free agents at his age with his success in the upper levels + premium defensive tools in CF

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Shit, I had no idea he had been that effective at Fenway

Sure, why not? Beats the hell out of Kyle Hart! I’ll take “competent”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What do we even have left to trade after what Dombrowski did to our system?

he’s coming off a down year and I believe is hitting free agency next year, probably not a ton

system is building back up too, thank god. I think you’ll see us ranked more in the low teens as opposed to dead last. But it’s getting there.

Something like Benintendi/Groome/3rd piece is what i would offer. We swap change of scenery guys. Hoyer has Sox connections and probably would like to gamble on a few years of Benintendi. Kinda close to home for Benintendi too. Groome represents the highest quality Lottery ticket possible. 3rd piece can be a solid prospect in the minors like Chris Murphy (although I’d prefer it to be somebody else)

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Did Dombrowski give up any other mlb level guys than Shaw and Moncada? Don’t know much about anyone else he dealt. Maybe Kopech?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Did Dombrowski give up any other mlb level guys than Shaw and Moncada? Don’t know much about anyone else he dealt. Maybe Kopech?

He did a pretty good job at identifying talent and picking the right ones to give up.

Mauricio Dubon is gonna be a solid player for a bit, he looked pretty good this year. I believe he was the Thornburg deal. The SS in the kimbrel Trade is a pitcher throwing Mid to high 90’s now (Javy Guerra). He got rocked this year. Margot had a good playoff with Tampa. Kopech may not come back to bite us, there is something going on with that guy. Espinoza hasn’t thrown a pitch since 2016 due to injuries. Moncada had a down year. Shaun Anderson may end up an ok reliever, he was in the SF pen. Ty Buttrey is relieving for the Angels. Bautista/Nogosek/Callahan haven’t really worked out from the Addison Reed deal. Both Basabe’s didn’t really hack it. Josh Pennington retired. Yeison Coca had a bad A ball debut. Logan Allen is in the show for the Indians. Remains to be seen how good he will be, early returns are very meh

He mostly just gave up relievers. Shaw was good for a little but got figured out by the league. Moncada/Margot/Dubon I believe are really the only impactful position players.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I personally love Richards as a pitcher and wish he would stay healthy. He may have finally found his health last season...i would like to throw him at the wall. He kind of reminds me of Morton.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With the way they use him I think it’s smart. He doesn’t really log major innings and he’s going to be out of their price range soon. They’re going to get a Sale-like package

the contract is also backloaded so they probably always intended on doing this

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He did a pretty good job at identifying talent and picking the right ones to give up.

Mauricio Dubon is gonna be a solid player for a bit, he looked pretty good this year. I believe he was the Thornburg deal. The SS in the kimbrel Trade is a pitcher throwing Mid to high 90’s now (Javy Guerra). He got rocked this year. Margot had a good playoff with Tampa. Kopech may not come back to bite us, there is something going on with that guy. Espinoza hasn’t thrown a pitch since 2016 due to injuries. Moncada had a down year. Shaun Anderson may end up an ok reliever, he was in the SF pen. Ty Buttrey is relieving for the Angels. Bautista/Nogosek/Callahan haven’t really worked out from the Addison Reed deal. Both Basabe’s didn’t really hack it. Josh Pennington retired. Yeison Coca had a bad A ball debut. Logan Allen is in the show for the Indians. Remains to be seen how good he will be, early returns are very meh

He mostly just gave up relievers. Shaw was good for a little but got figured out by the league. Moncada/Margot/Dubon I believe are really the only impactful position players.
Dombrowski actually did a very good job at this

That 1o8 regular season win epic

his trades were not bad overall

history deserves to treat him better

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Dombrowski actually did a very good job at this

That 1o8 regular season win epic

his trades were not bad overall

history deserves to treat him better

Dombrowski was brought in to do a specific job. He did it extremely well. No one should complain about that.

Even his downfall (the Sale extension) really is on Henry's shoulders for approving it.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
he’s coming off a down year and I believe is hitting free agency next year, probably not a ton

system is building back up too, thank god. I think you’ll see us ranked more in the low teens as opposed to dead last. But it’s getting there.

Something like Benintendi/Groome/3rd piece is what i would offer. We swap change of scenery guys. Hoyer has Sox connections and probably would like to gamble on a few years of Benintendi. Kinda close to home for Benintendi too. Groome represents the highest quality Lottery ticket possible. 3rd piece can be a solid prospect in the minors like Chris Murphy (although I’d prefer it to be somebody else)
I want to hang onto Groome and any other decent pitching prospect we have.
I have no issues trading Benny and would add Chavis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad