Red Sox/MLB Cubs’ Theo Epstein stepping down as president of baseball operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hopefully since the other two cheaters got their jobs back, Beltran can get a job in baseball again. Funny how he turned out to be the fall guy it seems.

he should be able to get a gig, what the Astros organization did to him and Cora is downright despicable. And maybe it’s fair or maybe it’s not but I consider Astros leadership racist for trying and pin it entirely on the two Puerto Rican guys no longer with them. Definitely isn’t a great look regardless.

Luhnow still maintaining his innocence is disgraceful. Yeah Jeff you did nothing at all, it was the Puerto Rican’s! Cool story

I do not think Luhnow will get a gig ever again

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
he should be able to get a gig, what the Astros organization did to him and Cora is downright despicable. And maybe it’s fair or maybe it’s not but I consider Astros leadership racist for trying and pin it entirely on the two Puerto Rican guys no longer with them. Definitely isn’t a great look regardless.

Luhnow still maintaining his innocence is disgraceful. Yeah Jeff you did nothing at all, it was the Puerto Rican’s! Cool story

I do not think Luhnow will get a gig ever again

Van Wagenen exits as Mets shake up front office

Friday's moves make Rojas' future uncertain. Fired Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, who completed a season-long suspension last week, could be a candidate for the analytics-oriented Cohen.

Would be perfect Mets....new regime and same crap

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Good for the Sox. The Astros organization and players hanging all the blame on Cora and Beltran was total f***ing bullshit from the jump. And if Hinch can get rehired, what's the issue with Cora getting a job since he wasn't the manager of the Astros when it happened?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Lmao at people who always trash Boston saying “I lost so much respect for the organization” today :laugh:

I lost respect for the Red Sox a long time ago when they swept under the rug the news of child molestation by a member of the Sox organization that went on from the 70s to the 2000s and still refuse to compensate the victims.

Bringing back this cheating POS is just further proof that Henry and his ownership group are tone deaf and don't get it. They are just as bad as the Yawkeys at this point.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Good for the Sox. The Astros organization and players hanging all the blame on Cora and Beltran was total f***ing bullshit from the jump. And if Hinch can get rehired, what's the issue with Cora getting a job since he wasn't the manager of the Astros when it happened?

The fact that all of the players wanted him back should have made it an easy decision, whether fans liked it or not.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Red Sox name Alex Cora manager

“I am grateful for the opportunity to manage once again and return to the game I have loved my entire life,” said Cora. “This past year, I have had time to reflect and evaluate many things, and I recognize how fortunate I am to lead this team once again. Not being a part of the game of baseball, and the pain of bringing negative attention to my family and this organization was extremely difficult. I am sorry for the harm my past actions have caused and will work hard to make this organization and its fans proud. I owe John Henry, Tom Werner, Mike Gordon, Sam Kennedy, Chaim Bloom and Brian O’Halloran my gratitude for giving me another chance. I am eager to get back to work with our front office, coaches, and especially our players. Boston is where I have always wanted to be and I could not be more excited to help the Red Sox achieve our ultimate goal of winning in October.”

“Alex Cora is an outstanding manager, and the right person to lead our club into 2021 and beyond,” said Bloom. “The way he leads, inspires, and connects with everyone around him is almost unmatched, and he has incredible baseball acumen and feel for the game. We considered a very impressive slate of candidates – the brightest managerial prospects in the game today. Because of all that had happened, I knew that I wanted to speak with Alex once his suspension ended, but I didn’t yet know if it made sense to consider him for the job as well. Our conversations were lengthy, intense, and emotional. Alex knows that what he did was wrong, and he regrets it. My belief is that every candidate should be considered in full: strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments and failures. That is what I did with Alex in making this choice. He loves the Red Sox and the game of baseball, and because of that we believe he will make good on this second chance. I join our whole organization in welcoming Alex back to Boston and Fenway Park.”

“We are excited to have Alex’s leadership and energy back in the Red Sox dugout,” said Red Sox President & CEO Sam Kennedy. “Our ownership group and leadership team appreciate the thorough search conducted by Chaim and the entire Baseball Operations department that led to this decision. Alex brings to this position a record of success at the highest level, an embrace of the intensity of the Boston market, a connection with our core group of players, and an appreciation for the culture and individuals within our organization. During his Red Sox career as a player and manager, Alex continually made us better. He owns, and has learned from, his past mistakes, and with his incredible talent, he will build on the deep bonds he’s fostered over time to make us better in the years to come.”

Reactions: CDJ

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Maybe I’ll watch a game next year. Like Cora. It depends on their offseason signings. If they start to go stupid for PR purposes, I’m out again.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I think it’s safe to assume a announcement from the Red Sox is coming soon.Trenton is a former affiliate of Boston.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Hopefully Turner is charged with attempted murder. There’s no possible way it could have spread when he was playing for 8 innings and the days prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad