Red Sox/MLB Cubs’ Theo Epstein stepping down as president of baseball operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The bad news is that it looks like the Pirates have the #1 pick and Kumar Rocker locked up. The good news is, barring a catastrophe, the Red Sox should be locked into a top 5 pick.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The bad news is that it looks like the Pirates have the #1 pick and Kumar Rocker locked up. The good news is, barring a catastrophe, the Red Sox should be locked into a top 5 pick.
We've been winning too much and are screwing ourselves out of a top 3 pick if it keeps up. Texas and Arizona are neck and neck with us, Washington is only a game up on us too.

If we lose Rocker, at least keep us low enough to get Al Leiter's kid

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Red Sox
1. 2B Eddie Collins .424 & .429
2. SS Honus Wagner .391 & .467

I think slugging has become overrated and getting on base has become underrated. Let's say the Yankees and the Red Sox have equivalent teams except for 2 hitters for each team. The Yankees have C Johnny Bench and a DH that hits the same as him: .342 OBP & .476 SLG%. The Red Sox have the 2B & SS leadoff combo which is posted above. I think the Red Sox are a better team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Red Sox
1. 2B Eddie Collins .424 & .429
2. SS Honus Wagner .391 & .467

I think slugging has become overrated and getting on base has become underrated. Let's say the Yankees and the Red Sox have equivalent teams except for 2 hitters for each team. The Yankees have C Johnny Bench and a DH that hits the same as him: .342 OBP & .476 SLG%. The Red Sox have the 2B & SS leadoff combo which is posted above. I think the Red Sox are a better team.

the game seems to be cyclical, I think we’ll see those players become the new market inefficiency in the next couple of years (DJ Lemahieu is a good example of a guy that kind of got underrated because of a perceived lack of pop when all he does is flat out hit)

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
MLB.com had this yesterday about the draft order.

Inbox: Draft order, Braves southpaws, more

Jonathan Mayo works for the website, so I'm not sure how in-the-know he is, but his expectation is that it will be some kind of combination/hybrid of 2019 and 2020. There was a report a few weeks ago that the MLB had allegedly told teams they didn't expect the order to deviate from a regular year, but we'll just have to see. It's frustrating that it's probably not going to be solidified until after the season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Verdugo hitting 330 and leading baseball in OF assists

Devers looks like a 80+ EBH guy SFSU

Reactions: CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If the MLB does this BS combined record nonsense for the draft the whole thing becomes corrupt. You played a season. You had to shorten it. Oh well! Deal with it. Why even have a WS or a season if you’re not just going to follow the usual rules for a season?

Teams A, B, and C sucked. Teams A, B, and C should pick 1, 2 and 3. Not 4, 6, 14, because they had a good 2019. I mean. Wtf are we doing here?!

Reactions: sarge88 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If the MLB does this BS combined record nonsense for the draft the whole thing becomes corrupt. You played a season. You had to shorten it. Oh well! Deal with it. Why even have a WS or a season if you’re not just going to follow the usual rules for a season?

Teams A, B, and C sucked. Teams A, B, and C should pick 1, 2 and 3. Not 4, 6, 14, because they had a good 2019. I mean. Wtf are we doing here?!

exactly. It’s either a season or it isn’t. You can’t award a World Series then turn around and say the season was insufficient at determining who was good and bad

But it’s Manfred, his ineptitude knows no limits

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Hey baseball buffs.....I'm in a keeper fantasy league where one of our keepers has to be a "prospect" and has to stay on our roster for 3 years. This is a turnover year so I need a new prospect by the end of the season. I currently have Dylan Carlson who fits the bill. But his play has been uninspiring. I can hold onto him and hope he works out for the next couple years, but there's some high end talent available as well. Mackenzie Gore is one (but it's tricky adding a prospect pitcher because you only have a set number of pitchers on your roster, your prospect holds a spot even if he pitches or not...), Jared Kelenic. Jo Adell and Julio Rodiguez is also available. Who would you grab of those 5. I'm looking for who you feel will make the biggest impact next year and the year after. Thanks..

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I am starting to get nervous about the Yankees. Hae that team, but damn can they mash.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am starting to get nervous about the Yankees. Hae that team, but damn can they mash.

I never worry about a team that strikes out as much as they do.

They'll be fine in the RS facing lots of mediocre or worse pitching.

When the playoffs roll around and the pitching is better the strike outs will hurt.

Reactions: Merrrlin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hey baseball buffs.....I'm in a keeper fantasy league where one of our keepers has to be a "prospect" and has to stay on our roster for 3 years. This is a turnover year so I need a new prospect by the end of the season. I currently have Dylan Carlson who fits the bill. But his play has been uninspiring. I can hold onto him and hope he works out for the next couple years, but there's some high end talent available as well. Mackenzie Gore is one (but it's tricky adding a prospect pitcher because you only have a set number of pitchers on your roster, your prospect holds a spot even if he pitches or not...), Jared Kelenic. Jo Adell and Julio Rodiguez is also available. Who would you grab of those 5. I'm looking for who you feel will make the biggest impact next year and the year after. Thanks..

I would probably either keep Carlson or go with Kelenic personally. That pitching rule makes things a little tricky otherwise I’d say Gore is a no-brainer

Reactions: xgallantx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad