CSS Midterm Rankings will get release soon !

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Like you know, the Midterm ranking release is soon... So whats your prediction ? Here is mine.

North American:
1.Sean Couturier
2.Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3.Gabriel Landeskog
4.Ryan Murphy
5.Brandon Saad
6.David Musil
7.Ryan Strome
8.Alexander Khokhalchev
9.Matt Puempel
10.Sven Bartschi
11.Vladislav Namesnitkov
12.Jonathan Huberdeau

HM:Ambroz, Siemens, Lessio, Mccolgan, Jenner, Hamilton, St-croix, Rattie, Rieder, Beaulieu, Danault, Jurco, Grimaldi, Biggs

European:

1.Adam Larsson
2.Joel Armia
3.Maxim Shalunov
4.Dmitri Jaskin
5.Viktor Rask
6.Zakar Arzamastsev
7.Jonas Brodin
8.Miika Salomaki
9.Sergei Shmelev
10.Nikita Nesterov
11.Mika Zibanejad
12.Markus Granlund

I don't have any idea for the goalie ....

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Murphy might be in the high 20s, low 30s. This is CSS we're talking about. Way too much emphisis on size, the logic that had Jeff Skinner out of the top 40 last year at midterm despite leading the league in goals for a few weeks then, and unlike Toffolli this year the next best player on his line was also a sniper. And its logic that sometimes is forgotten, example Jordan Schroeder in 2009.

Expecting Musil to be top 5. No Russians in the top 30 either.

For Euro the only definite is Larsson 1 , Armia 2.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Doesn't matter. The css rankings aren't realistic.

yes and no

Is the order correct....debatable, but then again there is no such thing as correct.
It is really a list of draft eligbles worth watching....and that is all the NHL clubs want from Central Scouting so it serves the purpose.

The good thing about Central Scouting is that they actually see every player they rank/list which cannot be said about most of the other "scouting" services.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
yes and no

Is the order correct....debatable, but then again there is no such thing as correct.
It is really a list of draft eligbles worth watching....and that is all the NHL clubs want from Central Scouting so it serves the purpose.

The good thing about Central Scouting is that they actually see every player they rank/list which cannot be said about most of the other "scouting" services.

It does that main purpose fine, listing players, but the rankings are awful every single year regardless if they aren't the focus, the NHL passes them off as the end all be all rankings and fans that don't go to boards like this wouldn't know that and would be like 'Gee, why'd my team draft that kid, the NHL ranked him in the 30s and my team took him top 10?", not knowing its not the NHL and not knowing that they are mainly listing players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad