CSB Rankings Released This Afternoon: Landeskog #1?

GM17*

More interested in the guy who had Rask at 3 (or was it 4) ?
The swedes here were laughing about it and thought that Rask would maybe be the 3rd ranked swede, not the 3rd overall.
Yes, lets wait for his ranking..... :shakehead

Scouting report on Huberdeau anyone?

Big body, soft hands, decent speed. He's good. I don't know if he's a game changer though. Phillips seems to be slicker.

Nice to see Saint John dominating the rankings like that ;D Hockey in that city deflated when the AHL team was dismantled.

AE

May 10, 2010
Big body, soft hands, decent speed. He's good. I don't know if he's a game changer though. Phillips seems to be slicker.

Nice to see Saint John dominating the rankings like that ;D Hockey in that city deflated when the AHL team was dismantled.

Who would you compare him to? Joe Thornton?

4Isles4*

If the Isles really want Landeskog to play with Tavares, is a draft day deal (assuming the Devils get 1st overall) of our 1st for their 1st and 3rd work?

the devils are taking Larsson #1 they need a franchise dman....unless they decide they dont want to pay ZP and they try and replace him...

4Isles4*

More interested in the guy who had Rask at 3 (or was it 4) ?
The swedes here were laughing about it and thought that Rask would maybe be the 3rd ranked swede, not the 3rd overall.
Yes, lets wait for his ranking..... :shakehead

Scouting report on Huberdeau anyone?

I like Huberdeau....he is gonna be goood....I think he might move up in the draft when scouts consider potential...

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Seeing the compilation of his OHL play it seems like the announcers really butcher the pronunciation of his last name, which shouldn't even be hard to pronounce in English (unlike for example the Swedish pronunciation of Forsberg which is impossible in English).

It's 'Landesk-OOGH' not 'Landesk-AHG'.

That's such a trivial diffrence, and more because the annoucer is saying his name fast.

Not like some names.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Woah, that's pretty great for Landeskog. Obviously, these rankings change fast but still. I mentioned in another thread that this could be the year where we get a 1-2 punch of Swedish players drafted #1 and #2. That'd be great if it happened, well for Swedes anyway :)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Educated Hunches:

HUBERDEAU > COUTURIER
PRINCE > RNH
HAMILTON> LARSSON
MCNEILL best DUB forward prospect--ie. > RNH

CONFUSION: SIEMENS---ISS seems to love him --Central scouting not so much...Which is it? Have not seen him play so I cannot say...

TOP PROSPECTS GAME: Fact SHANE PRINCE was snubbed is LUNACY!

It would seem PRINCE gets downgraded because he benefits from playing with Martindale+Toffoli (both ranked too low by scouts last draft,but now they change their minds? LOL!) but I have seen them play lots (i live in Ottawa) and M+T benefit as much if not more some nighs from Prince than vice versa---BUT RNH gets credit for not having such talented "support"-HOWEVER if you give credence to that THEN you must give MARK MCNEILL the same logic and put him about equal to or better (given his size) as a pro projection than RNH because MCNEILL has a worse team in Prince Albert to support him than does RNH in Red Deer.

There simply is something wrong in the gaps of these 2 prospects in relation to RNH's production...Funny that when RNH was on a line with Toffoli at the Ivan Hlinka and they dominated,RNH was give the most credit,Toffoli was merely benefitting from the rNH 'brilliance"--but now TOFFOLI gets all the credit and PRINCE gets no credit for his briliance this season..For some reason RNH is the cat's meow --but looking at his stats; i) he is no Crosby and ii) Prince way exceeds him and iii) MCNEILL is very close to him anbd a much better goal scorer and a BIG body ...in summary I don't understand why RNH is rated that highly or McNeill and Prince ranked way too low..PRINCE and RNH are 2 smaller fast skilled guys who can make plays -the ONLY
factor is RNH getting the high treatment is that he plays centre whereas PRINCE is a LW...BUT as to centre v. centre, MCNEILL cannot be gapped 19 spots down from RNH -if there is a gap between the 2 best Dub eligible centres it should be at least very close given the production comparisons and possibly in reverse order due to MCnEill's size and better finishing.

I'll stand by my hunches that HUBERDEAU > COUTURIER and HAMILTON > LARSSON...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Friberg and Salomäki over Rask, Nermark and Klefbom? Hmm, interesting...

Yeah, strange placement, though I liked both Salomaki and Friberg, they seem to be typical junior stars(i.e. small guys with strong build).

The biggest shocker for me is Shane McColgan at #102. I couldnt believe that when I saw it. There is no way in hell this kid drops past the second round. He is putting up over a point per game in the WHL, has become a more complete offensive threat this season, yet drops that much due to concerns over his size and play away from the puck? I can see a drop to the late 30's to early 40's, but 102???? That is terrible.

McColgan's over a point per game by a little bit, but that isn't really impressive enough to merit a top 60 pick considering he's only 5'8". Both Jordan Weal and Brendan Gallagher have similar frames but had superior numbers and better overall games and went in the 3rd and 5th rounds respectively last year.

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
Educated Hunches:

HUBERDEAU > COUTURIER
PRINCE > RNH
HAMILTON> LARSSON

CONFUSION: SIEMENS---ISS seems to love him --Central scouting not so much...Which is it? Have not seen him play so I cannot say...

TOP PROSPECTS GAME: Fact SHANE PRINCE was snubbed is LUNACY!

It would seem PRINCE gets downgraded because he benefits from playing with Martindale+Toffoli (both ranked too low by scouts last draft,but now they change their minds? LOL!) but I have seen them play lots (i live in Ottawa) and M+T benefit as much if not more some nighs from Prince than vice versa---BUT RNH gets credit for not having such talented "support"-HOWEVER if you give credence to that THEN you must give MARK MCNEILL the same logic and put him about equal to or better (given his size) as a pro projection than RNH because MCNEILL has a worse team in Prince Albert to support him than does RNH in Red Deer.

There simply is something wrong in the gaps of these 2 prospects in relation to RNH's production...Funny that when RNH was on a line with Toffoli at the Ivan Hlinka and they dominated,RNH was give the most credit,Toffoli was merely benefitting from the rNH 'brilliance"--but now TOFFOLI gets all the credit and PRINCE gets no credit for his briliance this season..For some reason RNH is the cat's meow --but looking at his stats; i) he is no Crosby and ii) Prince way exceeds him and iii) MCNEILL is very close to him anbd a much better goal scorer and a BIG body ...in summary I don't understand why RNH is rated that highly or McNeill and Prince ranked way too low..PRINCE and RNH are 2 smaller fast skilled guys who can make plays -the ONLY
factor is RNH getting the high treatment is that he plays centre whereas PRINCE is a LW...BUT as to centre v. centre, MCNEILL cannot be gapped 19 spots down from RNH -if there is a gap between the 2 best Dub eligible centres it should be at least very close given the production comparisons and possibly in reverse order due to MCnEill's size and better finishing.

YEAH.... we heard ya the first time. Do you even know who RNH is? He clearly didn't play with toffoli at the Hlinka since they aren't the same age.... You might be thinking about Sequin??

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Educated Hunches:

HUBERDEAU > COUTURIER
PRINCE > RNH
HAMILTON> LARSSON

TOP PROSPECTS GAME: Fact SHANE PRINCE was snubbed is LUNACY!It would seem PRINCE gets downgraded because he benefits from playing with Martindale+Toffoli (both ranked too low by scouts last draft,but now they change their minds? LOL!) but I have seen them play lots (i live in Ottawa) and M+T benefit as much if not more some nighs from Prince than vice versa---BUT RNH gets credit for not having such talented "support"-HOWEVER if you give credence to that THEN you must give MARK MCNEILL the same logic and put him about equal to or better (given his size) as a pro projection than RNH because MCNEILL has a worse team in Prince Albert to support him than does RNH in Red Deer.

How was he snubbed?
Do you even know what the Top Prospects game is?

It is a game made up of players that the 30 NHL teams have asked to view.
Not being selected can mean various things:
- they already have enough viewings of a player to make decisions on his worth
ie- they have already decided where he should be ranked, like him, dislike him etc.

It is not a game featuring all the top players......A) it is open only to CHL players B) it is only players that the individual clubs have requested to see C) who the player has as an agent plays a huge role in this D) it is one circus like exhibition game....if a player is good he will be drafted where he should be regardless of this one sideshow

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Yeah, strange placement, though I liked both Salomaki and Friberg, they seem to be typical junior stars(i.e. small guys with strong build).

I like Salomaki but his offensive upside at higher level is significantly limited.

james30

Jan 13, 2010
According to the ohl website, Shane Prince will get his shot in the Prospects Game. He is a replacement for Landeskog.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have a heavy heart. I have the feeling that we aren't going to get Landeskog even though we 100% need him more than any team out there.

I just feel like I'm going to be let down. :(

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
My apology--of course RNH was too young for the 2009 iVAN HLINKA when TOFFOLI was there---I had a bran fart--the issue was whether TOFFOLI made Seguin or vice versa..HOWVER the issue here is whether TOFFOLI and MARTINDALE are making PRINCE (hence PRINCE only gets credit for #35 on Central Scoutings NA skater list at mid-term)WHEREAS OTHER smaller forwards who happen to be in the DUB do not get down -graded for their size issues (RNH,RATTIE,BARTSCHI) and seem to get more credit for "doing it on their own talents)..ONE could pose that RATTIE and BARTSCHI play on the same line alot so they should not get solo credit and that IF you are going to give RNH a solo credit while denying Prince as much solo contribution despite his much higher point totals than RNH,then something is amiss in all this--WHY should the little guys of the DUB get so much more ranking than PRINCE does from the OHL -one must ASSUME the scouts are giving T+M most of the credit for inflating PRINCE's numbers... NOR is is that all the others ARE great defenseively and Prince has defensive flaws--- that is bogus-I've seen Prince back-check lots of times-he's not a lazy Patrick Kane 1-way type ... HOWEVER if you are going to give solo credits only to DUB guys,then you must be fair --- RNH has a much better team in Red Deer than does MARK MCNEILL in Prince albert...SO if you are giving out solo credits you gotta bump McNeill up to near or better than RNH ..so 2 guys nearly at the same point totals and you are gapping the lots SMALLER one
19 spots ahead of the bIg centre? ITs crazy. EITHER RNH is that greater a player-in which case he has FAILED to put up enough points to justify that gap expetation based on the supposed talent gap -OR THERE SHOULD BE NO GAP and if anything put the bigger centre ahead!

THE ballyhoo about RNH -well the guy should have 75 pts by now not just 50 ...#3 overall for a smallish forward who might put up 95-100 ptsthis year but not any Kane-like 145 pts (you gotta go the extra mile when your small) is a LOL item.

OR can one say that small DUB wingers BARTSCHI and RATTIE are gapped that much more than PRINCE? Come on there is too much LOL going on with Central Scouting's gapping in their rankings -even a kindergartner can see their flaws and nobody cn understand their logic.

We have loopy logic running rampant Central Scouting...If you are successful in the DUB as a little forward you get lots of credit--not as much if you are a successful little guy in the OHL... IF you are a big guy on a poor DUB team and lead it in scoring ,you don't get any credit-I guess you have tyo be a big guy on a Dub team that leads the league before they gap you properly?

I guess if you excell as a smaller guy in Ottawa you get no credit-only if your a small guy in London or Windsor..

OilerOlli*

THE ballyhoo about RNH -well the guy should have 75 pts by now not just 50 ...#3 overall for a smallish forward who might put up 95-100 ptsthis year but not any Kane-like 145 pts (you gotta go the extra mile when your small) is a LOL item.

I wanna see the prospect that puts up 145 points with the Red Deer team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad