CSB Rankings Released This Afternoon: Landeskog #1?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Its not like any of this is actually unexpected. CSS has awful ratings every year.

2010...Tarasenko 4th overall for a majority of the year...drafted 16th overall due to the contract...remember, anything can happen in the draft!

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Yeah in a draft where they are saying several can go 1st overall I doubt the Islanders, Devils or Oilers go with anything but C/D.

Landeskog will be joining Karlsson, Rundblad, Silfverberg, Petersson, Lehner, Sorensen at development camp come July.

I can see the Isle's and Garth Snow taking Landeskog. He fits there MO.....he's NHL ready (which Snow prefers) and he has intangibles which the team also ranks highly (which was a big reason for the Bailey selection in 2008).

Unless the Sens completely tank (or win the lottery and move up 4 spots in the draft), I don't see them being able to draft Landeskog.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Is this guys name really Joe Smith and he just make up Landeskog? I've never heard a young guy sound more non swedish. :laugh:

CODER33

Nov 28, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Is this guys name really Joe Smith and he just make up Landeskog? I've never heard a young guy sound more non swedish. :laugh:

I know the name 'Landeskog' is not a traditional Swedish name, but apparently it means 'country forest' in Swedish. Gotta love them Swedes and the language that always makes me giggle for no reason at all...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This seems to be a very vanilla draft and after the top four seems pretty wide open...

Who is Jonathan Miller?

Never heard of him before, could someone please enlighten me?

he is J.T Miller of the USNDP. Played for the Pittsburg Hornets 2 seasons ago. He is from Pittsburg. Solid kid, plays the game big and with skills. I have always had him around a late first to early second round pick, but obviously CSS sees even more in him. I am glad to see there are people noticing his all around skills.

Tyler Biggs is the other power forward on the USNDP team, and he is the real deal. I have been touting him for some time now, and it looks like CSS has man crushed him. Biggs plays nasty, I mean nastyville kinda nasty. He is a Keith Tkachuk clone in the making, though his ranking is a shock to me, I think he has been a top 15 pick this entire year. But like many on here that dont get to see the USHL, they underrate many of the USNDP and USHL kids until these services start putting their names out there.

The biggest shocker for me is Shane McColgan at #102. I couldnt believe that when I saw it. There is no way in hell this kid drops past the second round. He is putting up over a point per game in the WHL, has become a more complete offensive threat this season, yet drops that much due to concerns over his size and play away from the puck? I can see a drop to the late 30's to early 40's, but 102???? That is terrible.

Also nice to see Scott Mayfield getting some recognition for his play. He plays the game like Erik Gudbranson, and before it is all said and done I feel he will rise even more by June.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Tyler Biggs is the other power forward on the USNDP team, and he is the real deal. I have been touting him for some time now, and it looks like CSS has man crushed him. Biggs plays nasty, I mean nastyville kinda nasty. He is a Keith Tkachuk clone in the making, though his ranking is a shock to me, I think he has been a top 15 pick this entire year. But like many on here that dont get to see the USHL, they underrate many of the USNDP and USHL kids until these services start putting their names out there.

Also nice to see Scott Mayfield getting some recognition for his play. He plays the game like Erik Gudbranson, and before it is all said and done I feel he will rise even more by June.

For these guys, we knew what they can do, but the problem is their numbers. You can win gold for national team, scores big goals at the big moment, play minor tournament and be MVP and a lot things like that, but if you're unable to get points at your draft year, you will have problems to enter the top 20-30. I know, I know, scouting is more about potential, upside, skills, grit and I also know players like Myers, Neal and Richards but in the case of Biggs and Mayfield, I cant put them that high because they dont give us what they suppose to give.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
landeskog sounds like hes born and raised in north america lol. speaks better english with less of an accent than 90% of american/canadians

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I don't get euro rankings.

Saveliev, Misyul, Nekolenko are rather unipressive russian defensemen, espescially Nekolenko who has played jus 11 games and had 1 assist this season. When did he managed to impress anybody?

On the other hand, they have Berglind who is a PPG player in National team and in SEL J20 lower than this guys. Weird.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I don't get euro rankings.

Saveliev, Misyul, Nekolenko are rather unipressive russian defensemen, espescially Nekolenko who has played jus 11 games and had 1 assist this season. When did he managed to impress anybody?

On the other hand, they have Berglind who is a PPG player in National team and in SEL J20 lower than this guys. Weird.

Friberg and Salomäki over Rask, Nermark and Klefbom? Hmm, interesting...

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Friberg and Salomäki over Rask, Nermark and Klefbom? Hmm, interesting...

Indeed. Friberg and Salomäki played fairly well at the WJC's, but you have to wonder if they truly are better NHL prospects than some of the players farther down the list.

pouskin74*

its not like i care but Khochlachev is wayyyy to low. just dont get it. but whatever as we know place at draft list dosnt mean much in the end if you arent good enough. however i prefere ISS rankings. less politics i guess.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I know the name 'Landeskog' is not a traditional Swedish name, but apparently it means 'country forest' in Swedish. Gotta love them Swedes and the language that always makes me giggle for no reason at all...

Actually the correct translation would be something like "the land/terrain/ground inside a forrest. Hard to tell with the name being bent in some accent. Dont know about 'traditional' since pretty much every swedish name translates into an object or two ;p

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Landeskog won't go #1. With NJ to get that pick (most likely) Larsson will go #1, and Couturier/Hopkins will go before Lando. He'll be there for Ottawa; I'm not too worried about it.

What really surprises me is how low Strome is, and if teams actually buy into these rankings I would love for Ottawa to pick up another first rounder so that they can get both Lando and Strome.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
landeskog sounds like hes born and raised in north america lol. speaks better english with less of an accent than 90% of american/canadians

Seeing the compilation of his OHL play it seems like the announcers really butcher the pronunciation of his last name, which shouldn't even be hard to pronounce in English (unlike for example the Swedish pronunciation of Forsberg which is impossible in English).

It's 'Landesk-OOGH' not 'Landesk-AHG'.

AE

May 10, 2010
more interested in bob mckenzies rankings, when are they released?

More interested in the guy who had Rask at 3 (or was it 4) ?
The swedes here were laughing about it and thought that Rask would maybe be the 3rd ranked swede, not the 3rd overall.
Yes, lets wait for his ranking..... :shakehead

Scouting report on Huberdeau anyone?

AE

May 10, 2010
Seeing the compilation of his OHL play it seems like the announcers really butcher the pronunciation of his last name, which shouldn't even be hard to pronounce in English (unlike for example the Swedish pronunciation of Forsberg which is impossible in English).

It's 'Landesk-OOGH' not 'Landesk-AHG'.

Yes, sounds awful...
the "o", it's almost the same as "ou" in Couturier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad