Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
From April 1st to June 3rd (yesterday) the market cap rose 86%.

this is an indication of literally nothing in a space this volatile. Like 9-months ago the market cap was hovering around $800bn. It's somewhere around $170bn now, even with the significant rise since the first of the year.

(assuming you're talking holistically here)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
this is an indication of literally nothing in a space this volatile. Like 9-months ago the market cap was hovering around $800bn. It's somewhere around $170bn now, even with the significant rise since the first of the year.

Well that's not true.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
hey friend. i made some moeny, i'm not against it. personally i'm just scared of anything but short ins-and-outs on this ****. it's so crazy.
A quick bump in either direction i agree means not much. But it’s been steadily going up for months now, that does mean something.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I guess you missed when bitcoin went from 4K to 9K in 2 months?

Everything is having a great year...well except Unibright, but not sure who who buy into that ****coin :dunno:

Believe it or not I'm one of the few people that's actually still up on UBT. Could get rid of it now and I'd still be up a whopping 7%, which I'm considering as I have my eye on another coin. I did sell DAPS at 3x what I bought for, but that was purely speculative. Put the profits into DAG.

Regardless I'm still seeing no sign of this mysterious impending blastoff when we'll all become millionaires and buy lambos. Just seeing the same volatility as there's ever been. And the same unsubstantiated nonsense from your end.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Believe it or not I'm one of the few people that's actually still up on UBT. Could get rid of it now and I'd still be up a whopping 7%, which I'm considering as I have my eye on another coin. I did sell DAPS at 3x what I bought for, but that was purely speculative. Put the profits into DAG.

Regardless I'm still seeing no sign of this mysterious impending blastoff when we'll all become millionaires and buy lambos. Just seeing the same volatility as there's ever been. And the same unsubstantiated nonsense from your end.

Well I guess that's your issue if you think that was blastoff means. And I dont think you need to worry much about lambos with your coin..

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Well I guess that's your issue if you think that was blastoff means. And I dont think you need to worry much about lambos with your coin..

I don't think you do either.

Half the forum is willing you to lose money. Imagine that. You're so obnoxious that people would actually find it amusing.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
A quick bump in either direction i agree means not much. But it’s been steadily going up for months now, that does mean something.

yeah, but it also crashed in a matter of weeks, too.

i'm honestly too ignorant to really do anything serious with it. it feels too much like gambling which i don't like.

I entered with a little over 5k at the middle of march. i sold off on the thousand dollar dip on 5.17.19 and netted a couple grand on a $7200 exit. i don't know if i have the balls to sit on it longer.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think you do either.

Half the forum is willing you to lose money. Imagine that. You're so obnoxious that people would actually find it amusing.
Oh noes, random strangers in the lounge don't want me to succeed. How will i ever sleep tonight!?

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
I cashed out from NiceHash a year or so ago by withdrawing straight to my Coinbase account. IIRC, Coinbase supports Paypal withdrawals, so you could sell that BTC from Nicehash for CAD on Coinbase, and then move it to Paypal.

(I'm not entirely sure that Coinbase supports Paypal CAD withdrawals though, so you'll want to double-check if you decide to go down this path.)
Unfortunately, they don't support payouts to a Canadian Paypal account. I'm tempted to try setting up another Paypal account and not identify it as Canadian, then transfer from that account to my regular account.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

While you are right about the space being ridiculously volatile, shortly after his statement the market proceeded to rise 83%. Whether you like it or not, he wasn't wrong.

The market cap (last I checked) was around $250 billion.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
yeah, but it also crashed in a matter of weeks, too.

i'm honestly too ignorant to really do anything serious with it. it feels too much like gambling which i don't like.

I entered with a little over 5k at the middle of march. i sold off on the thousand dollar dip on 5.17.19 and netted a couple grand on a $7200 exit. i don't know if i have the balls to sit on it longer.

Nothing wrong with that. During the crypto bubble in December 2017/January 2018, I would constantly remind people to take profit. A lot didn't and they got burned. At least you can recognize what you feel comfortable with.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Nothing wrong with that. During the crypto bubble in December 2017/January 2018, I would constantly remind people to take profit. A lot didn't and they got burned. At least you can recognize what you feel comfortable with.

true, but it was a total gamble. I bought in to btc on a prayer that it wouldn't go from 4k to 2k, and was super conservative with what I entered with. If I was strategic and knowledgeable I should have put 20-30k into it back in march. I was just 0% confident it would recover at all, and any cursory research that i dove into was contradictory. I sold off in a complete panic when it dropped from $8500ish on 5.15 to $7200ish on 5.17. I thought it was going back down to the bottom. In reality I should have held on for a day or two and made an extra grand.

I think this space mostly interests me from a day-trading perspective at the moment. I haven't provisioned off enough to skirt the PDT rules, but I've been dabbling in simulators contemplating moving into the space. I think it's super fun, and I can really OCD out, but it's also mostly just gambling at this point. I'm nowhere near ready.

Anyway, enough ramble ramble. What do you use to track/follow crypto news?

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
true, but it was a total gamble. I bought in to btc on a prayer that it wouldn't go from 4k to 2k, and was super conservative with what I entered with. If I was strategic and knowledgeable I should have put 20-30k into it back in march. I was just 0% confident it would recover at all, and any cursory research that i dove into was contradictory. I sold off in a complete panic when it dropped from $8500ish on 5.15 to $7200ish on 5.17. I thought it was going back down to the bottom. In reality I should have held on for a day or two and made an extra grand.

I think this space mostly interests me from a day-trading perspective at the moment. I haven't provisioned off enough to skirt the PDT rules, but I've been dabbling in simulators contemplating moving into the space. I think it's super fun, and I can really OCD out, but it's also mostly just gambling at this point. I'm nowhere near ready.

Anyway, enough ramble ramble. What do you use to track/follow crypto news?
I follow a lot of coins on Blockfolio and I get news updates as related to those coins sent straight to my phone. For general news, I am in enough crypto discussion groups that I usually find out bigger news there.

Reactions: StanGetz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->