Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
A bottom usually occurs from a very large capitulation. This may have occurred when it dropped to $3100-$3200 but the sentiment doesn't seem to match it. Usually when the capitulation happens most people would be terrified to buy even at the low price.

I think it did. I mean, you had most tokens at a 90% discount from their ATH's. I could be wrong but I think we are getting closer, if not in the disbelief stage.

All signs being what? The weekly horoscopes?

As much as I hope it happens, you have no evidence for it.

I don't know that there is evidence of anything in crypto. I know that is an odd statement to make but traditional TA doesn't work as well as it does in the stock market. I think if you look at market history the only thing that stands out is that we are repeating a cycle from previous years.

TA and previous cycles.

But like i said nothing with crypto is even a close to a guarantee but that's all we have to work with.
That cycle was short lived though. Only time will tell if this is merely another cycle in line with previous years or if it is the beginning of a long term upward trend.

Up and up we continue to go. All signs for the big breakout in a couple weeks are still on.

I think you will see a nice jump next week during the Paris Blockchain conference and then a pretty decently sized retrace.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Looking back at the last few pages re: Quadriga.

Remember if you keep crypto on an exchange, it's not yours. Be your own custodian and keep your own keys.

Years ago I sent Quadriga five figures to buy BTC. Moved everything to my own hardware wallets right away. Believe in Bitcoin, do not believe in any exchange.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looking back at the last few pages re: Quadriga.

Remember if you keep crypto on an exchange, it's not yours. Be your own custodian and keep your own keys.

Years ago I sent Quadriga five figures to buy BTC. Moved everything to my own hardware wallets right away. Believe in Bitcoin, do not believe in any exchange.

This x1,000.

All my stuff are stored on cold wallets.

Definitely recommend Ledgers.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
bitcoinbulls-700x400.jpg

Reactions: Gardner McKay

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ether $160 to $267 in 9 days.

wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F07%252FJeremy-Renner.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

Only a few weeks off from that big blast off ;) Hopefully at least one or 2 people here took that advice and bought in a couple months ago when it was around $120. All signs were showing the bear market was over and the bulls were roaring back. I'm expecting a correction soon, but man this will be a fun year, which we deserved after last year!

Reactions: Gardner McKay

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So what cards or rigs are people using today for mining? GPUs seem to have stabilized at around $100 more than they are worth....

[edit...about $100 more than I think they are worth given the price to performance over last gen products....and this is from a gamer's perspective.]

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Quick question - what is the easiest way to cash out from NiceHash for a Canadian? If I could get it to my PayPal, that would be the optimum - I have a small portion of Bitcoin that I chose not to touch when it plunged in value.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Quick question - what is the easiest way to cash out from NiceHash for a Canadian? If I could get it to my PayPal, that would be the optimum - I have a small portion of Bitcoin that I chose not to touch when it plunged in value.
I don't know anything about that exchange, but couldn't you just sell/deposit it right into your bank account?

edit - oh that's a mining exchange? That might be a different ball game.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I cashed out from NiceHash a year or so ago by withdrawing straight to my Coinbase account. IIRC, Coinbase supports Paypal withdrawals, so you could sell that BTC from Nicehash for CAD on Coinbase, and then move it to Paypal.

(I'm not entirely sure that Coinbase supports Paypal CAD withdrawals though, so you'll want to double-check if you decide to go down this path.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->