Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
gpgoodshot.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Juat found out a friend of mine was very heavily invested in Quadriga... He is very worried and his girl is not impressed...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
All the money is gone. They can say it still exists and is just inaccessible but we don't know that for real. It's effectively gone.
But the circumstances involving it dont really classify as anything like a ponzi scheme, unless i’m missing something?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But the circumstances involving it dont really classify as anything like a ponzi scheme, unless i’m missing something?

- The guy (white Canadian dude from Nova Scotia) died suddenly and unexpectedly, in India. Alone. Opening an orphanage. Right after he signed a new will.
- His widow says there are no business records involving Quadriga anywhere in their home. She has no idea where any of it may be.
- No trace of the company, no employees, no office, no accounts, nothing.
- Everything is apparently on a laptop but not recoverable.
- The majority of the funds were allegedly locked away in cold storage and nobody knows where this is or where it may be. Or if it even exists.
- Leading up to this, the company was suffering from huge liquidity problems, was in court battles, and claimed to be unable to do business because banks were giving them a hard time.

It really, really looks like the guy stole the money and ran. Or possibly he lost all the money and ran.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
- The guy (white Canadian dude from Nova Scotia) died suddenly and unexpectedly, in India. Alone. Opening an orphanage. Right after he signed a new will.
- His widow says there are no business records involving Quadriga anywhere in their home. She has no idea where any of it may be.
- No trace of the company, no employees, no office, no accounts, nothing.
- Everything is apparently on a laptop but not recoverable.
- The majority of the funds were allegedly locked away in cold storage and nobody knows where this is or where it may be. Or if it even exists.
- Leading up to this, the company was suffering from huge liquidity problems, was in court battles, and claimed to be unable to do business because banks were giving them a hard time.

It really, really looks like the guy stole the money and ran. Or possibly he lost all the money and ran.

I think the point is that not every scam is a ponzi/pyramid scheme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->