Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
BNB is holding steady rather well. Perhaps cause of the coming burn? I expect it to also tank right around the 1st. Maybe the action will jolt this market some.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
BNB is holding steady rather well. Perhaps cause of the coming burn? I expect it to also tank right around the 1st. Maybe the action will jolt this market some.
Good to see something doing well right now. I've been so busy with work/home, I haven't even had time to actively trade so I moved everything into a few long term big bets and hoping it pays off - DADI/AMB/WAN/ICX/OCN/NVO. With DADI and AMB I am going to be running masternodes. Quite excited. Not going to generate a ton of additional income right now as the market is ass but hopefully in the long term it can become meaningful.

Reactions: What the Faulk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just good news followed by more good news and topped off with more good news that has been coming out. Price will be going up, anyone who didn't realize this was a long term investment didn't do their research before investing. (though everything is up greatly when you look at the prices last year so it's hard to say it's been "mostly down" when you use that as a reference).

Today in the news:

1. World’s largest asset manager BlackRock who is currently managing $6.3 Trillion might start investing in the Cryptocurrency Markets soon : BlackRock begins exploration of bitcoin
  2. Billionaire Steven Cohen is investing in Crypto: Billionaire Steven Cohen’s Invests in Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund | BTCMANAGER
  3. CIA saying Cryptocurrency Markets are becoming more trustworthy : Good Crypto, Bad Crypto: Blockchain Projects Gaining Legitimacy While Spawning An Underground
  4. One of South Africa's biggest financial firms is adding Bitcoin and Ethereum to its trading platform: SA Purple Group Confirms Adding Cryptos to Its Online Trading Platform - Bitcoin News
  5. India will most likely regulate Crypto instead of outright banning it: India’s Central Bank Spells Out Crypto Objections as Panel Readies Regulations
  6. FFS even Bloomberg is pumping Crypto today: Terms of Service Violation

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Just good news followed by more good news and topped off with more good news that has been coming out. Price will be going up, anyone who didn't realize this was a long term investment didn't do their research before investing. (though everything is up greatly when you look at the prices last year so it's hard to say it's been "mostly down" when you use that as a reference).

Today in the news:

1. World’s largest asset manager BlackRock who is currently managing $6.3 Trillion might start investing in the Cryptocurrency Markets soon : BlackRock begins exploration of bitcoin
  2. Billionaire Steven Cohen is investing in Crypto: Billionaire Steven Cohen’s Invests in Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund | BTCMANAGER
  3. CIA saying Cryptocurrency Markets are becoming more trustworthy : Good Crypto, Bad Crypto: Blockchain Projects Gaining Legitimacy While Spawning An Underground
  4. One of South Africa's biggest financial firms is adding Bitcoin and Ethereum to its trading platform: SA Purple Group Confirms Adding Cryptos to Its Online Trading Platform - Bitcoin News
  5. India will most likely regulate Crypto instead of outright banning it: India’s Central Bank Spells Out Crypto Objections as Panel Readies Regulations
  6. FFS even Bloomberg is pumping Crypto today: Terms of Service Violation

Actually it's fairly easy to say that it's been "mostly down" in 2018 because it has. A two second glance at the charts reveals that. You're correct in pointing out that it's still higher than this point last year though.

Good news is fantastic, but there's still a huge amount of uncertainty around cryptocurrencies in general and that's reflected in the rather stagnant state of things right now.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Actually it's fairly easy to say that it's been "mostly down" in 2018 because it has. A two second glance at the charts reveals that. You're correct in pointing out that it's still higher than this point last year though.

Good news is fantastic, but there's still a huge amount of uncertainty around cryptocurrencies in general and that's reflected in the rather stagnant state of things right now.
True, but it never should have spiked like it did back in Nov-Dec, that was complete hype forcing the price up which came crashing down, take those 2 months out of the equation and the price isn't looking bad.

Also, good news is better than bad news. There is a lot more certainly, governmental approval from around the world, and banks/companies coming on board than there was a year ago. Everything takes time. Those who wait till reap the rewards. ;)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
True, but it never should have spiked like it did back in Nov-Dec, that was complete hype forcing the price up which came crashing down, take those 2 months out of the equation and the price isn't looking bad.

Also, good news is better than bad news. There is a lot more certainly, governmental approval from around the world, and banks/companies coming on board than there was a year ago. Everything takes time. Those who wait till reap the rewards. ;)
Yeah. Last year was pure hype. Most of the projects were just launching and had 6-18 month time frames for their products to be ready. A lot of mainnet launches this year. One would hope that mass adoption wouldn't be too far behind.

As far as waiting goes... it gets tough. I'm still way up from when I started and despite cashing out a ton in January to pay off my car among other things, I am really itching to some out right now to pay for a trip for my wife and I lol. :dunno:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah. Last year was pure hype. Most of the projects were just launching and had 6-18 month time frames for their products to be ready. A lot of mainnet launches this year. One would hope that mass adoption wouldn't be too far behind.

As far as waiting goes... it gets tough. I'm still way up from when I started and despite cashing out a ton in January to pay off my car among other things, I am really itching to some out right now to pay for a trip for my wife and I lol. :dunno:

Oh absolutely. I was getting so crazy always looking at the price and reading every little thing. I went away on vacation in early June and erased all my price/news apps on my phone. Didn't look at a single thing the whole 7 days. Now all I do is check the price of ether when I wake up and that's it. I had a date (actually almost a week from today) where I was going to pull out a percentage but now i've decided to wait longer till the price goes back over a certain number. Only reason why I have those news articles from today is cause a friend sent me them, I dont go looking.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So for the lols pretty much i bought 120 CDN worth of bitcoin today.

First time ever buying anything crypto...yup
I did that in the middle of my first aid class last month or so lol. Randomly dropped $250 in coinbase when I got the alert for BTC price drop.

considering dropping another $1,000-$2,500 into it and investing in a variety of coins. I've been following for a while now and only dropped money in when I was comfortable with the information I knew rather than blindly throwing in and hoping to swing trade these or whatever. I currently have BTC and bought ADA at 13 cents.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I did that in the middle of my first aid class last month or so lol. Randomly dropped $250 in coinbase when I got the alert for BTC price drop.

considering dropping another $1,000-$2,500 into it and investing in a variety of coins. I've been following for a while now and only dropped money in when I was comfortable with the information I knew rather than blindly throwing in and hoping to swing trade these or whatever. I currently have BTC and bought ADA at 13 cents.

Based on you are Coke randomly buying I am now feeling bullish.

Very true. It looks bad that it dropped from $20k to near $7k but $7k was actually the target range for this year.

I'm hoping for a steady rise and not a flash pump now that it seems the stupid money is gone.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
@Gardner McKay , what are you thinking about how NVST? I caught up on the last two weeks or so in the Discord, but they're saying some concerning stuff about Ton banning criticism in Slack and on Reddit and, when combined with the delays, people are starting to lose faith. The Counterparty DEX was finally added to Blockfolio, but the CMC page is dead so nothing is changing. Even the good news doesn't come with caveats.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
@Gardner McKay , what are you thinking about how NVST? I caught up on the last two weeks or so in the Discord, but they're saying some concerning stuff about Ton banning criticism in Slack and on Reddit and, when combined with the delays, people are starting to lose faith. The Counterparty DEX was finally added to Blockfolio, but the CMC page is dead so nothing is changing. Even the good news doesn't come with caveats.

Yeah. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. People started going crazy in the slack and Ton ended up getting a bit too heavy handed. He unbanned most of the folks that he banned (except for a select few). Ton was afraid to put pressure on the dev team because he is an inexperienced manager. Now that he has, things are getting done faster. The project has not been without hiccups but the price of NVST is recovering. Ton mentioned in the slack that something like 75% of the funds are still escrowed. If the Dex is not delivered by the end of the year, he said they will look to initiate a refund. Depending on where BTC is at, unless you bought all your NVST at $3-4, you will still likely come out way ahead. Even then, depending on where BTC is, you may still come out ahead.

Even if they go the refund route, they will still finish the DEX. They did admit the ball was seriously dropped when it came to the Veserus licensing.

The CMC thing had to do with them stopping support for counterparty exchange as a whole.

Reactions: What the Faulk

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
based off the way things have gone in the past 24-48 hours, I'd guess our support for BTC is around $6800 whereas resistance is going to be at $7550 or so. Seems people will be selling off as it reaches those heights. Just barely grazed $7530 today before the sell off and it came back down to around $7300.

personally didn't buy anymore cardano today but it looks like that resistance is right at .20. I think I'll wait for now. I'll probably put a buy order in on some more BTC at around $6800 or so, but I'll have to see how the trend goes.

with my luck, watch it hit $7800 tomorrow lol

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
based off the way things have gone in the past 24-48 hours, I'd guess our support for BTC is around $6800 whereas resistance is going to be at $7550 or so. Seems people will be selling off as it reaches those heights. Just barely grazed $7530 today before the sell off and it came back down to around $7300.

personally didn't buy anymore cardano today but it looks like that resistance is right at .20. I think I'll wait for now. I'll probably put a buy order in on some more BTC at around $6800 or so, but I'll have to see how the trend goes.

with my luck, watch it hit $7800 tomorrow lol
If there is one thing I learned over the last 2 years of following Crypto is that you never know what the hell the market is going to do and usually does the complete opposite of what it should do :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->