Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Japanese Banking Giant SBI Plans Summer Launch for Crypto Exchange

Looks like Ripple is going to get a nice surge in the summer. People will be able to buy Ripple directly and use that to by Alts.

Still wish I sold my Ripple during the winter surge, but this might bring it back up.
Ripple is still one of the safest bets in the space IMO. They're in a really strong position and I'm surprised that the price was/is being suppressed as is. A lot of good news was coming out for a while and it didn't move very much.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ripple is still one of the safest bets in the space IMO. They're in a really strong position and I'm surprised that the price was/is being suppressed as is. A lot of good news was coming out for a while and it didn't move very much.
Yeah they are in a good position. A bunch of coins are right now. Do we see a nice BTC bull run back to 12-13k? ETH to $900? I keep underestimating ETH. They released a partial PoC for ETH sharding. We're following the same pattern as last year (in terms of the overall market). ETH won't have the same % gains but could it hit $2,000 this year? Does it get above $1,000 again? I honestly don't know but if I was forced to take a guess, I would say probably.

Where will we be in 3 months? I'm genuinely curious. I keep hearing about how some of the big firms are in the process of setting up crypto currency trading desks. Money is flowing back in. France (of all places) slashed their crypto tax rates. US should do the same. We still have a ways to go. If you can buy furniture and housewares with crypto (overstock), when will you be able to buy a car or house? I'm in the process of buying a condo in Florida and I was going over the assets with my lender. Part of the assets I declared were crypto holdings. Last year I would have been laughed at. This year? They took it seriously.

A lot of people got burned when the market spiked in December + January because they forgot to take profits along the way. They figured it was just a short pull back and they would ride it out. The short pull back turned into a massive pull back. As it continued a lot of people thought it was the end for the sector and sold what they had for major losses, "I might as well at least recoup something". Here we are now likely entering a bull run. How things have changed from 2 months ago.

I don't give advice. I used to get 5-10 messages a week just on HF with people asking me what to buy, what is a good coin, etc. Again, I don't give advice. Just don't forget to take some profit along the way and never invest more than you're comfortable with losing.

All signs seem to be pointed up. And I am sure as soon as I click Post Reply the market will take a massive shit. ;)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You're exactly right about forgetting to take profits. Unfortunately crypto was my first foray into investing, and I went in pretty blind. I did some research and found projects that I thought made sense, and seemed to have strong backing but I didn't know enough about the market itself. Still, by January I was up 5x on my initial investment and I really should have taken some out. Now I'm breaking even again which is great considering I doubled my money invested when the market was at its peak (I blame coinbase's throttling for that one). I had a lot to learn and I wish I had known before, I'm glad that it happened this way because I feel like it really was a 'trial by fire' of sorts; I learned a lot in a very short period and I think it's been beneficial as a learning experience. Of course I'm not one of those people that invested more than I could afford to lose so it was a lot easier to ride out the market crash.

I think to end the year we'll see the same 3 at the top. Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple are just the three strongest in their relative fields. There's so much up in the air now though with other different coins. So much can change between now and 2019. I strongly feel with the foundation that IOTA is laying they're going to be up in the top 5 at some point. I can't see BCH and EOS staying there. If I had to guess a top 5 it'd be Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, IOTA, OMG.

I still think Bitcoin should go away but it just has too much backing ATM. I don't see how it has a truly viable long term future with the better tech and as more and more money/development goes into the crypto space but eh...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm one of those who didn't take profits, but I got into the game so early that my profits were still through the roof so it didn't hurt me...but looking back if I had known the pullback would be so steep I would have obviously taken out a large portion for profits....then threw it back in during the lows ;)

But that is the reason why I have a date in my head when i'm pulling out 10%.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ether and Golem with the huge pumps for the day :nod:

So much good news and hype coming out from Etheruem over the next few weeks, expect it to keep raising.

Golem getting listed on more major exchanges pumping the price up.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just realized ONT was airdropped at some point over the last month into my NEO wallet....You recieve .2 ONT for every 1 NEO you hold. Almost $1,000 worth and another $1000 worth sometime later in the quarter. God I love Crypto.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, I mean Ripple didn't move much even after it was announced that SBI Holdings' crypto exchange will open with exclusively an XRP to fiat as their gateway pairing.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oceans Capital Cryptocurrency Investing Report

"Oceans Capital provides a weekly cryptocurrency report featuring market analysis from the top investors, entrepreneurs and influencers in the industry."

Pretty neat, they brought in 4 "experts" this week and they rated a bunch of the top coins and gave other opinions on potential, what are overvalued, what their investing styles are, how they started, etc.

Based on their scores here were the top coins: (of the ones listed)
1) Ethereum ( Score of 32)
2) Bitcoin (30)
3) NEO (28)
4) EOS (25)
5) Cardano (23)
6) Litecoin (21)
7) IOTA ( 16)
8) Ripple (12)
9) Bitcoin Cash (10)

Again, it's just opinions.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
For anyone paying attention AMB released their masternode details and so far they seem to be some of the best and most thought out in all of crypto. Obviously it's early and there's still things we don't know but some of the calculations for potential passive income are ridiculous. Like $2-3k per month on an $8k investment ridiculous.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For anyone paying attention AMB released their masternode details and so far they seem to be some of the best and most thought out in all of crypto. Obviously it's early and there's still things we don't know but some of the calculations for potential passive income are ridiculous. Like $2-3k per month on an $8k investment ridiculous.
I took a peak but couldn't find it. Do you know approximately how many tokens it requires for a masternode?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Also FWIW - Buy and Sell Bitcoin Using 30 Different Currencies

This is the Veserus front end - the rest of the links are disabled. The verbiage on this was done by people who are not native English speakers (exchanger, lol), it will be fixed. It is done but they can't roll out the full thing until the paperwork is signed off on (its been submitted). All the stuff they have planned - the link between NVO and Veserus, trading through the NVO wallet, Visa cards that are linked to NVO and Veserus, etc.

Reactions: What the Faulk

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Huge day tomorrow..SEC will rule on whether Ethereum is classified as a Security or a Commodity

Ethereum (ETH) Faces SEC & CFTC Security Token Classification Ruling Soon

If it's ruled as a Security expect the price to crash drastically. Could see a nice boost if it's a commodity.

The likelihood of it being classified as a security is pretty slim though IMO.

So it looks like this was completely fake news by the Wall Street Journal designed to spread more FUD. There is no meeting today to discuss this by the SEC.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Kind of an interesting read. Spot on, even.

A lot of people agree that they will face problems down the line and fees build and confirmations get longer and longer. He pretty much nailed it when he said bitcoin will be the myspace...eventually people will move on from it to something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad