Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think it would be a good thing if the biggest coin in crypto was controlled by a few billionaires. I see crypto as freedom, the ability to own an asset outside the reach of governments, banks or anyone. When the power is in the hands of a few, they can change the asset and make critical decisions on their own. I don't think a centralized coin can ever be the "digital gold" that some people view Bitcoin as because they're not immutable in the same way.

Other people don't care or share that philosophy about crypto. Some people just want a way to quickly send currency online, a better PayPal. I'm only speaking for myself here.
Quickly and bitcoin do not go together haha.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Holy crash.

Whether it's just another flash crash or something more significant remains to be seen but money is pouring out of BTC right now.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Boom, BTC under 6,000. Called that as well. Now it i could ever predict Ether i'd be able to retire :laugh:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And now it's 1450. Things go up and down. Still not sure you understand what a pump and dump is.
:laugh: It went down 50% in 1 day from 2450 after going up 500% in a week?. I think it is YOU who doesn't quite understand what a pump a dump is. The whole crypto community is basically calling this the biggest pump and dump of the year. You might need to do a bit of research.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Money is flowing back into ALTS. It might be crazy tomorrow when deposits are processed.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
:laugh: It went down 50% in 1 day from 2450 after going up 500% in a week?. I think it is YOU who doesn't quite understand what a pump a dump is. The whole crypto community is basically calling this the biggest pump and dump of the year. You might need to do a bit of research.

That's called a retrace or a correction, which is something every coin does when it flies that fast. There are still very real reasons for BCH's rise, as I told you yesterday. At least know the right thing you want to whine about.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That's called a retrace or a correction, which is something every coin does when it flies that fast. There are still very real reasons for BCH's rise, as I told you yesterday. At least know the right thing you want to whine about.
There is no real reasons at all. You can call it anything you want. Unless your real reason is bitcoin shitting the bed with their failed fork. Bitcoin and cash are a mess right now with them fighting with each other. Only a matter of time till ether is on top.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If you guys want to see a big transaction on the blockchain, here was Roger Ver moving 45,000 bitcoins a couple days ago. 25,000 to Bitfinex, 20,000 elsewhere (Bithumb or another exchange I suppose)

Bitcoin Transaction 6ba0e3732c71b04a66a739a20f6a4bdbaa8588c6d34d0be0e1bdb2de0c46c376

On twitter he claims he sold them. I guess the market ate them up. If he did sell them, he's down tens of millions based on the current price.

Of course that only represents a portion of his BTC. One of his wallets had 250,000 Bitcoins in it and that may not be all his holdings.

Blockchair / Bitcoin / Address / 16cou7Ht6WjTzuFyDBnht9hmvXytg6XdVT

This is the kind of money the Bitcoin Cash group has at their disposal to manipulate the market.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If you guys want to see a big transaction on the blockchain, here was Roger Ver moving 45,000 bitcoins a couple days ago. 25,000 to Bitfinex, 20,000 elsewhere (Bithumb or another exchange I suppose)

Bitcoin Transaction 6ba0e3732c71b04a66a739a20f6a4bdbaa8588c6d34d0be0e1bdb2de0c46c376

On twitter he claims he sold them. I guess the market ate them up. If he did sell them, he's down tens of millions based on the current price.

Of course that only represents a portion of his BTC. One of his wallets had 250,000 Bitcoins in it and that may not be all his holdings.

Blockchair / Bitcoin / Address / 16cou7Ht6WjTzuFyDBnht9hmvXytg6XdVT

This is the kind of money the Bitcoin Cash group has at their disposal to manipulate the market.
Yup, and i'll also just leave this here: The Liar, The Criminal and Jihan: A Tale of Bitcoin Cash

But no, not a pump and dump, since I don't know what that is..

Reactions: Satan

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nobody knows what a pump and dump is aside from faulk. Everyone is wrong aside from faulk. Remember that folks.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
ETH, NEO, NAV, ARK, LSK, WTC etc. are also pump and dumps because they rose sharply then fell, which is basically the extent of your reasoning. You can even call this an attack on BTC by supporters of BCH, but again, there are still very real reasons for this rise, and from what I gather, they are trying to unseat BTC, not just make a quick buck, which is what a pump and dump is. I get that this entire argument is basically semantics, but, again, you are trying to apply rationality to an irrational market. I'm not touching BCH because it's far too risky. I'm just saying, you should be aware of what's going on.

Either way, I think we can agree that this isn't good for the cryptosphere in general.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Well I wouldn't characterize it as a pump and dump because I don't think the people most responsible for the pump are dumping their Bcash.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Etherdelta has listed an NVO token. Be careful as it's probably a fake from the real NVO token.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Etherdelta has listed an NVO token. Be careful as it's probably a fake from the real NVO token.

This is correct. It is a 100% scam. NVO is not an ERC-20 token.

Also, BTC fees are outrageous right now. Its $47 to get the optimal fee on Xchain. Part of the reason why NVO dropped a bit. No one is buying or selling there. Can't wait until we get off counterparty.

Anyone else who has binance get 500 Tron for no reason?

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
4 days I used Blockchains exchange to switch over some BTC into ETH and it still hasn't been confirmed. Anyone know whats the deal with that? Got about .3 ETH/.013 BTC just frozen right now.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
4 days I used Blockchains exchange to switch over some BTC into ETH and it still hasn't been confirmed. Anyone know whats the deal with that? Got about .3 ETH/.013 BTC just frozen right now.

Never used that before.

When I used to switch currencies it was instant. Are you trying to maybe buy Eth cheaper than it's worth?

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Never used that before.

When I used to switch currencies it was instant. Are you trying to maybe buy Eth cheaper than it's worth?
Me neither tbh.. Kinda new to cryptoworld, and the BCH scare made me wanna switch up some assets into Ether. Ill give it a couple days before I contact support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad