Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Anybody think in 2018 this thing could go mainstream? Starting to see more countries and companies use cryptocurrency. If you think about it the monetary system is already used somewhat by digital currency(bank accounts). Eventually within the next 5-10 years this thing could be the everyday use of money.

Of course. I think crypto can do to banks what Amazon has done to retail.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Of course. I think crypto can do to banks what Amazon has done to retail.

Agree. Right now only people investing in cryptocurrencies really know the value and the growth in it but the general mainstream masses of people are still in the dark. That's why i jumped into this thing before eventually the euphoria stage is over in the market.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Vertcoin hasn't been added to Binance yet. They're part of the community coin vote where people vote for the next coin to be listed. They're currently number 1 I think.

I think Vertcoin is going to explode post fork. Their mining reward is going to be cut in half in December.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Capture.JPG
Wondering what happens with OMG and WTC after the fork.

Also, had a call with the dev team of NVO this morning. For anyone who is interested... Snapshot of the wallet. Bittrex agreed to list the coin but its not on their site yet.

View attachment 82571

Last edited:
Reactions: What the Faulk

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Parity multi-sig wallets just screwed up big time.

Millions of dollars worth of ETH frozen due to a bug that allowed a user to unknowingly alter their code. Not malicious, just a mistake.

Polkadot ICO just had all their funds frozen. Yikes.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Figured Ether would take a hit after that news, but it thankfully didn't do that much damage to the price (yet). Only dropped about $8.

Plus only a very small % actually use the parity multi Sig anyway, the casual person is using normal parity.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Not sure about the technical but I'm wondering if those locked ETH can be used to stake in the future.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bitcoins mess is everyone elses gain. Wouldnt be suprised to see sub 6,000 by the end of the week with them. Neo and Eth are loving this.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Bitcoins mess is everyone elses gain. Wouldnt be suprised to see sub 6,000 by the end of the week with them. Neo and Eth are loving this.

What mess? This is what the vast majority wanted, S2x support wasn't there among the community. Bitcoin holders are rightfully celebrating this, a potentially contentious hard fork has been avoided.

Two weeks ago you were saying it was a mess because they were forking. Now it's a mess because they're not.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What mess? This is what the vast majority wanted, S2x support wasn't there among the community. Bitcoin holders are rightfully celebrating this, a potentially contentious hard fork has been avoided.

Two weeks ago you were saying it was a mess because they were forking. Now it's a mess because they're not.

It's a mess because they have no idea what the hell they are doing. And it was only delayed. It wasn't cancelled. It's a mess because everyone went to dump money into bitcoin thinking they would get free money.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's a mess because they have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Who's "they?"

And it was only delayed. It wasn't cancelled.

This fork came about after the New York Agreement. That agreement is dead. If a different agreement is reached sometime in the future with consensus from the community, a different fork might happen.

It's a mess because everyone went to dump money into bitcoin thinking they would get free money.

Speak for yourself. I find most people that have bitcoin have been holding for awhile. It's not Bitcoin's fault if traders make miscalculations.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Who's "they?"

This fork came about after the New York Agreement. That agreement is dead. If a different agreement is reached sometime in the future with consensus from the community, a different fork might happen.

Speak for yourself. I find most people that have bitcoin have been holding for awhile. It's not Bitcoin's fault if traders make miscalculations.

Although I think you are correct that a lot of people have been holding BTC for a while, I think it is also fair to say that some of the drastic increase in value as of late is due to the forks.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The rise of the alts continues. OMG back in the $8.30 range. NEO still up 20%ish.

Also something to note, trade volume has been insane for an extended period of time and right now is over $10 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad