Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
\
NAV flew this morning based on speculation that an investment group was going in on it. Good thing I liquidated for various other coins because I thought the price/project was stagnating without something like this.
Hope it continues to rise for you!

Connecting outside resources to the blockchain, SWIFT partnership(not confirmed but SWIFT is using their tech in SIBOs), not limited to just financial payments use cases and potential to have more big corporate partnerships due to SWIFT connection.

Sounds similar to what Ripple was trying to accomplish as well as Stellar Lumens (which jumped out of nowhere).

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
\
Sounds similar to what Ripple was trying to accomplish as well as Stellar Lumens (which jumped out of nowhere).

Yes and no. They're competitors of those two but LINK isn't strictly used for financial payments. It's for any smart contract in general.

However I'm waiting for SIBOs to be over and for any announcements to be made shortly after. If there is still silence by the end of November I may just sell, at a lost, and look to invest in something in the mean time.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yes and no. They're competitors of those two but LINK isn't strictly used for financial payments. It's for any smart contract in general.

However I'm waiting for SIBOs to be over and for any announcements to be made shortly after. If there is still silence by the end of November I may just sell, at a lost, and look to invest in something in the mean time.

Ehh... Good luck is all I would say. Ripple announced a bunch of stuff with Swift earlier in the year. Their price hasn't done anything since then. Maybe LINK will be the one that finally breaks through.

Good article on the need for DEX in Crypto

October has been an odd month so far in this space.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That mini WTC burst is exactly why I wish there weren't 18 different exchanges where I have my coins. I caught it right as it was starting off but by the time I would have had the coins transferred, it would have hit its peak.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance announces 48 new members including HP :)

https://www.coindesk.com/enterprise-ethereum-alliance-adds-48-new-members/

Hope you are all heavily invested in Ether, going to take off(again) one of these days and you don't want to be left behind ;)

Devcon 3 in 2 weeks....

These announcements don't have as much affect as previous announcements. Glad that Chainlink is part of it though.

That mini WTC burst is exactly why I wish there weren't 18 different exchanges where I have my coins. I caught it right as it was starting off but by the time I would have had the coins transferred, it would have hit its peak.

There's a rumour that the Palm Beach Group, the investment company that predicted ETH, NEO and OMG to rise really big, will announce a Chinese project that they love and compare to Antshares(NEO). Lots are speculating it's either WTC or ETP so the burst might not be over yet.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
There's a rumour that the Palm Beach Group, the investment company that predicted ETH, NEO and OMG to rise really big, will announce a Chinese project that they love and compare to Antshares(NEO). Lots are speculating it's either WTC or ETP so the burst might not be over yet.

Yeah, I've had my head buried in crypto for the better part of two hours and saw a bunch about that. I've seen several coins speculated, including NAV as I mentioned above, but nothing fits all that well (or, rather, most of them fit too well). And through all my research I still didn't make a single trade because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to get rid of. There's a lot of good stuff coming up for so many coins, I'd hate to miss out because of one bad deal. I already missed out on the NAV pump after telling myself I'd hold on to a little, just in case.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah, I've had my head buried in crypto for the better part of two hours and saw a bunch about that. I've seen several coins speculated, including NAV as I mentioned above, but nothing fits all that well (or, rather, most of them fit too well). And through all my research I still didn't make a single trade because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to get rid of. There's a lot of good stuff coming up for so many coins, I'd hate to miss out because of one bad deal. I already missed out on the NAV pump after telling myself I'd hold on to a little, just in case.

I know what you mean. Lost a bunch of WTC from over trading because there are so many interesting projects.

NAV is being mentioned because they sold some of their Monero holdings and mentioned they found a new privacy coin they like. Many think that's NAV.

So basically there will be on privacy coin and one China coin that will be pumped.

Also on Friday REQ will be released on the exchange. They are baccked by Ycombinator(started up some very successful startups like Reddit and Paypal) and ING Bank. Very interested to see if it pumps because Airswap, which is also backed by big players has tanked immediately on it's release.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
These announcements don't have as much affect as previous announcements. Glad that Chainlink is part of it though.

From what I have read (and I haven't had a ton of time lately), ETP is still far away from being where NEO and ETH are. Still. Sucks I had to sell because of Bitfinex. I really had no idea they are locking out US customers. Such bullshit.

WTC up 15% so far. Is this just another mini-run or is it finally going to hit $10?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Long term they sure do...

Oh I know. I got into crypto through because of Ethereum. It's just that previous announcements the price would shoot up but this recent one it didn't even budge.

From what I have read (and I haven't had a ton of time lately), ETP is still far away from being where NEO and ETH are. Still. Sucks I had to sell because of Bitfinex. I really had no idea they are locking out US customers. Such bull****.

WTC up 15% so far. Is this just another mini-run or is it finally going to hit $10?

WTC updated their website. They will also launch their blockchain and wallet at the end of the month.

I think ETP right now is further along than NEO was when they had their initial boost. ETP already has projects on their blockchain and have run ICOs already. NEO has only ran one ICO on their blockchain.

And ETP will be on new exchanges soon. *Update* It's going to be on HitBTC. They're also talking to Bittrex and Binance.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Oh I know. I got into crypto through because of Ethereum. It's just that previous announcements the price would shoot up but this recent one it didn't even budge.

WTC updated their website. They will also launch their blockchain and wallet at the end of the month.

I think ETP right now is further along than NEO was when they had their initial boost. ETP already has projects on their blockchain and have run ICOs already. NEO has only ran one ICO on their blockchain.

And ETP will be on new exchanges soon. *Update* It's going to be on HitBTC. They're also talking to Bittrex and Binance.

Wow. Metaverse up to $6. Really pissed I had to sell because of Bitfinex. Got in at a decent price too.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
WTC still steadily climbing. COSS has distributed a lot more tokens it looks like. Now up to 83 million in circulation. I am hoping that maybe it breaks out sometime soon.

T-Minutes 11 days (or less) until the NVO wallet is released. BTC/NVST Mini-exchange will be released either simultaneously or shortly after. Some of the big holders are speculating that will bump the price to $2 or higher. Part of the reason it isn't gaining any traction is that A. the wallet hasn't been released. That alone will do wonders. B. It is such a PITA to buy and sell on counterparty DEX. The Exchange on their website will make it much easier to trade.

Keep in mind this mini-exchange is in no way related to their DEX. They just built it for people to be able to buy and sell NVST until the DEX is ready. Pretty nice thing to do for their supporters.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
That's the real circulating supply for COSS. Coinmarketcap had it wrong before and only fixed it now. COSS will most likely start paying out the dividends today so if that works smoothly it should increase the price.

REQ has just been launched and it's trading below ICO price. AST and REQ were really hyped up so it looks like ICOs doubling up immediately on release may be a thing of the past. Kind of makes participating into ICOs useless if ICOs trade below price upon release.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That's the real circulating supply for COSS. Coinmarketcap had it wrong before and only fixed it now. COSS will most likely start paying out the dividends today so if that works smoothly it should increase the price.

REQ has just been launched and it's trading below ICO price. AST and REQ were really hyped up so it looks like ICOs doubling up immediately on release may be a thing of the past. Kind of makes participating into ICOs useless if ICOs trade below price upon release.

It happens on every ICO I have seen. In fact, I can't recall an ICO recently where it spiked in price and sustained the spike after the ICO.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
KNC, SALT and LINK pumped after ICO.

And it looks like all ALTs are being dumped so everyone can get in on the Bitcoin Gold rush.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
KNC, SALT and LINK pumped after ICO.

And it looks like all ALTs are being dumped so everyone can get in on the Bitcoin Gold rush.

Yep. I'm going to likely buy some BTC after the fork. I know that seems stupid but I think BTC is a bit over priced at the moment and when the Alts rise after the fork, can sell some of those and buy cheaper BTC. That is the hope anyway...

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
COSS will most likely start paying out the dividends today so if that works smoothly it should increase the price.

My fee split allocations haven't been deposited into my wallet yet – not sure about anyone else. I'm not too worried about it, as I don't have a ton of COSS or anything and I'm patient, but they're definitely experiencing growing pains and have had, from my perspective, some issues clearly communicating what is happening with the fee splits.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Can someone explain the BTC and Bitcoin Gold fork to me?

I've left my funds on Coinbase as I wait for a physical wallet to be delivered to me, however I was wondering how I get access to my Bitcoin Gold coins if I have them in a wallet or on Coinbase.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
My fee split allocations haven't been deposited into my wallet yet – not sure about anyone else. I'm not too worried about it, as I don't have a ton of COSS or anything and I'm patient, but they're definitely experiencing growing pains and have had, from my perspective, some issues clearly communicating what is happening with the fee splits.

I think they provide constant updates on their slack channel. But I agree they are going through growing pains which is why I also bought Kucoin since they have daily dividends.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
I think they provide constant updates on their slack channel. But I agree they are going through growing pains which is why I also bought Kucoin since they have daily dividends.

Yeah, the slack channel has historically been good for updates from COSS folks, like Rune, but lately it seems like they've been communicating a lot less frequently on there (although I haven't been checking in as regularly as I was around the first fee split, so it's possible that's not the case more recently). I think they've focused their attention on hiring new staff and solving problems, which I'm totally fine with - but you will often find people on slack complaining about it.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, the slack channel has historically been good for updates from COSS folks, like Rune, but lately it seems like they've been communicating a lot less frequently on there (although I haven't been checking in as regularly as I was around the first fee split, so it's possible that's not the case more recently). I think they've focused their attention on hiring new staff and solving problems, which I'm totally fine with - but you will often find people on slack complaining about it.

They are probably really busy. Same thing happens on the NVO slack. So today is the day we start receiving fees from COSS? Nice. Although, with their low volume, unless you have 80k or more, you will be receiving no more than a few dollars per week, if that.

Nice video below on DEX for anyone who is interested. It is at a seminar for Cryptoversity.

The video also calls NVO the Holy Grail of DEX. :D Only issue is that a small bit of his information is outdated. For instance, They are no longer in need of the SAFE network since it will be on its own blockchain.

Also talks about things like Bitshares, Shapeshift, 0x and 6 or so other DEX. The bit about NVO is at the end, around the 11 minute mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad