Crusader Kings 2 question

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I have a laptop collecting dust on my shelf at the moment. I used to play a lot of Civ games and other strategy based games. I was wondering if anyone knows or any users of this game know I am able to play this game offline on steam? I had a steam account for Railroad Tycoon 2 but I believe I started having issues of steam not letting me play it offline.

I wanted to pick up Crusader Kings 2 for rainy days when we head to our cabin for vacation. I have read a bunch of old information of some people being able to play it offline on steam and other not being able to. Just wondering if anyone has any current information or experiences.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
awesome! thanks for the reply. I'm hyped to give this game a shot.

It's an excellent game, and I'm sure you'll find a way to sink loads of hours into it.

If you're a Game of Thrones fan at all, check out the mod made for that, it's outrageously in-depth and very well supported by the creators. Some people I know play CK2 exclusively for the GoT mod.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It's an excellent game, and I'm sure you'll find a way to sink loads of hours into it.

If you're a Game of Thrones fan at all, check out the mod made for that, it's outrageously in-depth and very well supported by the creators. Some people I know play CK2 exclusively for the GoT mod.

Ya that is the first thing I wanted to explore :laugh: . Have no clue how modds work being a console guy for so long. Are they free? or do you donate to their endeavour to download the mod?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Ya that is the first thing I wanted to explore :laugh: . Have no clue how modds work being a console guy for so long. Are they free? or do you donate to their endeavour to download the mod?

For the most part, most mods for games are completely free. The big hurdle to overcome is figuring out how to install a mod for any given game, as they all have different processes and some games are super easy to mod and some are a massive headache.

For most CK2 mods, you can just subscribe on Steam, however GoT mod isn't on the steam workshop, I assume for copyright reasons, so you would have to manually install.

You can find it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/crusader-kings-2-a-game-of-thrones-ck2agot

The actual process for installing I recall being fairly straight forward, you generally just download the files then place them in the specified folder, then check to activate the mod in the launcher. Here is a guide I found googling. https://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic556.html It is old but I think the process is pretty much the same.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

100% free. The GoT mod is by far the best mod for CK2.

Most modders will gladly accept donations.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I have never tried the got mod.
I can't remember which expansion I stopped dropping money on ck2 though... I had some fun with it, but usually had to rely on mercenaries to protect myself and it seemed like they never replenished and eventually only crusades troupes were available at which point my small little country would get stomped and lose their independence.

Once had an independent Iceland who owned the orkneys and northern Scotland... Then tried to get northern Ireland and pissed off a few others

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I bought the game the other day just for the mod, it's a lot of fun, with some interesting scenarios playing out past where the books have reached.

I'm still figuring out the game so I haven't tried being any of the great houses yet, just starting out small. I've tried playing as Bronn to get him some heirs and carry on his line in Stokeworth, as well as playing as the Daynes because let's be honest Darkstar is cool as hell.

I haven't tried doing any with past start dates and doing alternate history yet, my OCD kicks in when characters have the wrong kids and stuff :laugh: I may do this in the future when I get a better grip of the game and rewrite history like defeating Robert's Rebellion

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I have never tried the got mod.
I can't remember which expansion I stopped dropping money on ck2 though... I had some fun with it, but usually had to rely on mercenaries to protect myself and it seemed like they never replenished and eventually only crusades troupes were available at which point my small little country would get stomped and lose their independence.

Once had an independent Iceland who owned the orkneys and northern Scotland... Then tried to get northern Ireland and pissed off a few others

Which was pretty normal for the time period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad