Confirmed with Link: Crunch sign Mikhail Shalagin to a 1-year AHL contract

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Reactions: Master P

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So, didn't I call this exact thing? Saying the Syracuse would sign him for 1 year until we have a contract spots open up next season? You know what this means right? What I have been saying about Point at under $8m is true. I TOLD YOU ALL TO TRUST ME!

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Yes! This is amazing. 7th rounder that from Russia comes to NA to play right away. His ceiling could be sky high.
Definitely won't be an easy transition for him. Not only he gets to play with pros and not juniors, but he also has to adapt to NA smaller rinks.
His attitude seems spot on though, he wants to impress and stay

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Should've made it a 2 year deal to be honest but I guess this will at least keep all options open going forward

Safer for everyone. Very nice value draft pick with enormous potential but there's dozens of reasons why he could fail.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Safer for everyone. Very nice value draft pick with enormous potential but there's dozens of reasons why he could fail.

He seems to have some skill and size but you need something upstairs too now days. We will see. Hope he works out.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just remembered that he is already 19 and will be 20 before the season starts that he can't be signed to an ELC with it sliding. So this one year deal makes sense as we don't have the contract spots and it allows us to evaluate him to see if he gets an ELC next year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What would be considered a "success" for a kid in this situation? Does he just have to prove he can hang in the AHL or does he have to put up some moderate numbers?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The 15th is when the NHLPA votes on the CBA. I don't think they're going to rock any boats, but this labor uncertainty might be a mild factor.

It could, honestly. I know a lot of players are already asking to front-load their bonuses during potential lockout years, the vote will definitely add more clarity for when that year will take place.

Anyways, excited to see how Shalagin plays in a big-boy league.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't know. Contracts have gone up nicely, especially for young players. I don't think they want to mess with the current recipe.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't know. Contracts have gone up nicely, especially for young players. I don't think they want to mess with the current recipe.
I’d give it a 85 percent chance they opt out I heard toews complain the other day saying I don’t really make what my salary says because of escrow.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Should've made it a 2 year deal to be honest but I guess this will at least keep all options open going forward
He probably didn’t want a two year deal if there is a nhl lockout next year he can go to the khl and make more money next season. He doesn’t want to be in the ahl more then one season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get how we're the only team who decided to take a flyer on a kid who set an MHL record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->