Crow, it's what's for dinner

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I didn't want to re-sign Stamkos and I'm happy to eat crow on that. Some non-Bolts fans might say that winning without him playing proves he wasn't needed but I think most of us here know that his leadership was one of the keys behind the scenes that led them to this moment. That goal he scored will never be forgotten. I don't know what his future will be but I'm so glad he's a Tampa Bay Lightning player tonight.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
I'll admit I had some very serious doubts Coop could get it done after last season. I also questioned Brisebois after his deadline moves. Both guys proved why they make the big bucks.

Brisebois especially deserves a ton of credit. He targeted Pavelski this offseason, who clearly ended up having a huge postseason. When Pavelski fell through he got Shattenkirk and Maroon. The Schenn and Bogosian signings worked brilliantly. And of course the heavy price for Coleman and Goodrow. Every move had people scratching their heads and every single move worked out brilliantly.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
vasilevskiy proved me wrong. after 2019 i thought wed never win one with him in net

with that said, i was 100% right about the coleman and goodrow trades.

Reactions: Hoek and T REX

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Thank you Jon Cooper.

Mea culpa. I suck. I dont know hockey.

Thank you for everything. You are an amazing coach and I'm a moron.

Go bolts...I'm still crying

This is awesome. Of all the gameday-thread negative nancys I've muted, you were the hardest because outside your absolute Coop hate you tended to make interesting posts.

Seriously folks, I haven't lived in Tampa since '95, but I've been a fan since Kontos's hat trick at the Expo Hall, and I still enjoy hearing about my Bolts (and adding a comment from time to time) -- and this site has the richest conversation.

But so many of you f***ers seem to just be here to shit on the team when things go wrong, like you've gotten so invested in being a better hockey mind than the coach and the players that you'd rather see them fail and prove you right than see them succeed. At that point, why even follow the team -- the whole enjoyment of the game thing has totally gotten away from you.

Maybe it's because I was raised on the Testaverde Bucs and then did college at the smallest and worst D1 football school in the nation, but sports are just games, y'all. Root for your team, enjoy the successes, shake off the disappointments, and if it's not fun anymore then there are tons of other hobbies out there.

I'm sure I'm being a dick, but a couple bourbon sodas in the afterglow will do that to me. So, an olive branch:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I really thought we would never win a Cup once we got rid of true talent in Brian Lee, Anders Lindback, Brett Connolly and Andrej Sustr. Glad this group of bums proved me wrong.

Reactions: Zwui21 and Hoek

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Thank you Jon Cooper.

Mea culpa. I suck. I dont know hockey.

Thank you for everything. You are an amazing coach and I'm a moron.

Go bolts...I'm still crying
I went from 10/10 hating the guy as a coach to 5/10 maybe now 3.5/10

He had me at 0/10 until he flinged a zinger at fans who don't care for his gum chewing and don't particularly think he can coach. HE should've kept that to himself and let his class rise above it ...

I like what he did this year - he didn't stick to the same game plan and fail with it; he changed things up; he learned, he grew, we all did.

STANLEY CUP freaking CHAMPIONS BAYBEEEE!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad