Proposal: Crouse to the Canucks

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If Gaudette was putting up 60 point seasons already, he wouldn't be available or at least not for Crouse.
If our team wasn't full of Charmin soft one-dimensional players already, and if Crouse wasn't our rare guy with size and some sandpaper, this would be a very plausible trade.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If Gaudette was putting up 60 point seasons already, he wouldn't be available or at least not for Crouse.
If our team wasn't full of Charmin soft one-dimensional players already, and if Crouse wasn't our rare guy with size and some sandpaper, this would be a very plausible trade.
Of course that deal would no longer work, it would give us a young 1c/2c which we need though. That wasn't my point, my point was he's not productive enough (yet) to warrant us making a deal for him and giving up Crouse is counter productive because we are like room temperature butter physically. The only way the deal works is if we have another trade lined up which address the loss of Crouse. At that point we might as well keep Crouse because we'd just be moving chairs for the sake of it unless someone believes Gaudette is the second coming of McJesus (exaggerating).

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
my point was he's not productive enough (yet) to warrant us making a deal for him
If you wait for young players to reach the 60 pt threshold before you feel warranted to pick one up, you'll never get one, because they aren't available.
Gaudette is sort of warty, but if his warts weren't the exact same as half of the roster, I'd be happy to take a swing. In fact, I'd still roll the dice, I just don't see the right pieces. Both teams are essentially after the same things.

Reactions: Fuhrious

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If you wait for young players to reach the 60 pt threshold before you feel warranted to pick one up, you'll never get one, because they aren't available.
Gaudette is sort of warty, but if his warts weren't the exact same as half of the roster, I'd be happy to take a swing. In fact, I'd still roll the dice, I just don't see the right pieces. Both teams are essentially after the same things.
60 point players move every season. Getting one at 23 is more rare but still happens. This is a really dumb debate we're having because I think we agree on everything but are debating it because I left out depth on my posts.. The only thing I disagree with is 60 point player availability year to year but maybe I'm misinterperating what you mean?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad