Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
No doubt that Sidney Crosby will be a superstar in the NHL, but for the sake of his overall development, he needs to get out of the QMJHL. Crosby is putting up crazy numbers as a 17 year old. But I would like to see him battle for position against the WHL, where guys like Phaneuf, Seabrook or Coburn play. That will be a true test for him, not a league where they try to shoot the lights out, for him, thats a cake walk.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Chris2004 said:
No doubt that Sidney Crosby will be a superstar in the NHL, but for the sake of his overall development, he needs to get out of the QMJHL. Crosby is putting up crazy numbers as a 17 year old. But I would like to see him battle for position against the WHL, where guys like Phaneuf, Seabrook or Coburn play. That will be a true test for him, not a league where they try to shoot the lights out, for him, thats a cake walk.

First of all , why didnt you post this in the Crosby thread? (You know, the BIG STICKIED one?)

Second of all, your post is garbage.

Rocket#9

Apr 23, 2004
Actually garbage can sometime be recycled into good things which makes it better than that post.

One thing I agree is that Crosby is simply too strong for the Q but that would be the same case for Ontario and the West too

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Sidney Crosby
5'10" 195 lbs

Here are some guys that have been producing in the 'dub, playing agains t Phaneuf, Seabrooke, Barker, Coburn, etc etc.

Colton Yellowhorn
5'7", 175 lbs 37gp-18g-29a-47pts
Kenndal McArdle
5'11", 195 lbs 37gp-21g-20a-41pts
Clarke MacArthur
6'0" 180 lbs 30gp-14g-27a-41pts
Nigel Dawes
5'8" 179 lbs 31gp-19g-9a-27pts

I think Sid would do just fine.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Sidney Crosby
5'10" 195 lbs

Here are some guys that have been producing in the 'dub, playing agains t Phaneuf, Seabrooke, Barker, Coburn, etc etc.

Colton Yellowhorn
Kenndal McArdle
Clarke MacArthur
Nigel Dawes

Ya, they dont score 7,8 or 9 goals a game like the Q. Its more similar to the NHL. Either way, if you disagree with the fact that it would be better for his overall development as a player to get out of the Q, then thats your opinion I guess.

I personally dont care about either league, all im saying is that he should work on his complete game further by playing against more competitive defensemen, not a bunch of sandis Ozolinsh type. He'll prolly skool those kids in the W as well.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Did Bergeron needed to get out of the Q? Did Simon Gagné needed to get out? When you have the talent, it doesnt matter where you play, who you play with or against.

Hughes J Laffy

A-Laf #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Sidney Crosby
5'10" 195 lbs

Colton Yellowhorn
Kenndal McArdle
Clarke MacArthur
Nigel Dawes

Actually Sidney Crosby is 5-11 and 193 pounds

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Chris2004 said:
Ya, they dont score 7,8 or 9 goals a game like the Q. Its more similar to the NHL. Either way, if you disagree with the fact that it would be better for his overall development as a player to get out of the Q, then thats your opinion I guess.

I personally dont care about either league, all im saying is that he should work on his complete game further by playing against more competitive defensemen, not a bunch of sandis Ozolinsh type. He'll prolly skool those kids in the W as well.

:dunce:

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Sidney Crosby
5'10" 195 lbs

Colton Yellowhorn
Kenndal McArdle
Clarke MacArthur
Nigel Dawes

You make it seem like MacArthur is some bum. He happens to currently be a teammate of Crosby's in the WJC. One of the top 20 young forwards in Canada. Not some bum. Of course he doesn't have to play against Barker, except in practice every day. Maybe that makes him better.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
sabresfan65 said:
You make it seem like MacArthur is some bum. He happens to currently be a teammate of Crosby's in the WJC. One of the top 20 young forwards in Canada. Not some bum. Of course he doesn't have to play against Barker, except in practice every day. Maybe that makes him better.

First of all, he never said he was a bum. Also, if you watched both Crosby and MacArthur last week, you should know that Crosby is a lot better offensively. By a mile. Anyways, that Q vs Dub debate is silly in the first place.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Chris2004 said:

Makes no difference. Whether Crosby is in the Q or the OHL or the WHL he is still going to dominate. If anything it is hard in the Q because he gets so much attention whereas in the other two d-man guys are better and would not just concentrate on Crosby. Anyway how can anyone take you seriously when ya avatar is of Wayne Rooney. I mean save us all the trouble and change it. It isn't pretty to look at dude.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Chris2004 said:

This is the middle of the season, it's absolutly stupid and useless to talk about moving him into another league at this point. If the Q was so easy for him, Rimouski would win much more games.

What you are saying about the offense in the Q shows your ignorance of junior hockey. The Q changed a lot in the last years. Crosby's numbers are far from being as good as Lafontaine Turgeon Lemieux etc

AG9NK35DT8*

Chris2004 said:
No doubt that Sidney Crosby will be a superstar in the NHL.
Ok and just out of curiosity what kind of #'s do you see him putting through his career?

I agree he will most likely be a very very good NHL'er. But # wise I cant even begin to predict yet.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
sabresfan65 said:

That wasn't my intention. No player that makes it to these levels, juniors and especially WJC is a bum.
I was just comparing numbers and size. Sorry if that's how it came out.

It seems that everybody that has played with Crosby at every level has said he has the skill to dominate wherever he plays, regardless of his size.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
J17ster said:
Makes no difference. Whether Crosby is in the Q or the OHL or the WHL he is still going to dominate. If anything it is hard in the Q because he gets so much attention whereas in the other two d-man guys are better and would not just concentrate on Crosby. Anyway how can anyone take you seriously when ya avatar is of Wayne Rooney. I mean save us all the trouble and change it. It isn't pretty to look at dude.

I hope he does dominate for Canada's sake, but you become the best by competing with the best. And it's very clear that the Q doesnt provide Crosby with the type of competition that he will face in the nhl, or even the World Juniors tomorrow.

As for Rooney, he is a prominent 18 year old superstar, that is if you know anything about soccer. What difference does it make what he looks like ? Apparantly it does for you...

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
Sparepart said:
First of all , why didnt you post this in the Crosby thread? (You know, the BIG STICKIED one?)

Second of all, your post is garbage.

No son, you got it twisted.

First of all, if your in love with the Q, thats fine, go nuts.
But at least try to be impartial over the things that you say.

Second of all, your knowledge of hockey is obviously garbage. What happened when the Russian selects came here?? Hmm, beat the Q in the mini series. Went out west .... and ... got their asses handed to them on a platter? Oh ya

This isnt about which league you like, or what your trying to represent, its common sense and impartiallity.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Plz rspect people on these board, you registered like yesterday and u come here to start useless post, and post that have been debated many times. Read more on hockey before starting posting ******** here

backatyou

Dec 6, 2004
hes not **** disturbing anyone, people were talking **** to him. if he should give people respect then he should atleast get the same. look at the post from the beginning, not the end

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Chris2004 said:
:dunce: No son, you got it twisted.

First of all, if your in love with the Q, thats fine, go nuts.
But at least try to be impartial over the things that you say.

Second of all, your knowledge of hockey is obviously garbage. What happened when the Russian selects came here?? Hmm, beat the Q in the mini series. Went out west .... and ... got their asses handed to them on a platter? Oh ya

This isnt about which league you like, or what your trying to represent, its common sense and impartiallity. :dunce:

Wait a second, so your saying my entire knowledge of hockey is garbage from having read only one of my posts in which I called your post "garbage". Thats probably the lamest thing I've ever read (along with your original post) , you know nothing about me.

Your post was garbage, your just trying to start a fight with fans of the Q. You say the QMJHL is a league "where they try to shoot the lights out" well then what does that make the OHL , a league which has a higher goals-per-game average then the Q? And the WHL, which is slightly behind the Q?

I bet you've never seen a QMJHL game, or you've seen a few at most. The QMJHL may not have a D-man of Phaneuf's calibre, but your kidding yourself if you think Crosby isnt taking any physical abuse, or can easily skate around every D in the league. Yes, right now the QMJHL is probably the weakest of the 3 CHL leagues, but the gap between the leagues is not very wide.

Again I'll ask, why is this thread still open? Why has it not been merged with the big Crosby thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->